Seimitsu fans?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I finally got around to ordering a LS-32-01 the other day and received it today. I haven't had time to throw it in my TE stick yet but I will do it later. Everyone says Seimitsu's feel much tighter and have a shorter throw than a JLF so I'm really looking forward to using it.

Any other Seimitsu users?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
LS-32 for life right here man. By far my favorite stick.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I almost went with a LS-56-01 instead, but I think it might be a bit too tight for me. I do want some looseness to it, but the JLF just feels weird to me.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Yeah, IMO the JLF sticks feel a bit too loose. I've never used an LS-56 before but the LS-32 feels just right.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Got them on both my cabs now, I prefer them for shooters but only just put them in on the MVS cab, will see how it goes.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah everyone is always saying how great they are for shooters. I personally don't play a lot of shmups but I'm interested to see how they perform for fighters.

I've heard a lot of Capcom cabs came stock with LS-32s and Neo candies had LS-40s I've read. And the Super Battle Opera tournament in Japan uses Seimitsus for their 3rd Strike and ST cabs so there must be something to them.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I almost went with a LS-56-01 instead, but I think it might be a bit too tight for me. I do want some looseness to it, but the JLF just feels weird to me.

LS-56 is pretty close the the Semitsu in the original neo sticks... I have one in my HRAP.... LS-32 in two of the cabs... the other has Sanwa for the :360:... i still find it easier for me to play grappler's on a sanwa...

As far as joysticks go, I like both, I prefered seimitsu at first but now I like both.

However I prefer seimitsu buttons way over sanwa. Sanwa buttons feel worn out to me even when they are brand new. I prefer the stiffer feel of the seimitsu buttons for sure.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
A buddy and I just ordered a bunch of LS-32s for akihabara. We are going to make custom josticks with them as we both prefer a shorter throw and harder spring. Seimitsu is our joystick of choice from here on out.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
LS-40 4 lyfe, son

I have LS-40's on my exceleena and I think they've improved my STG game considerably. Or maybe it's, uh, placebo?

LS-56 is pretty close the the Semitsu in the original neo sticks... I have one in my HRAP.... LS-32 in two of the cabs... the other has Sanwa for the :360:... i still find it easier for me to play grappler's on a sanwa...

shorter throw helps to pull out commands much faster, it´s great to escape from tight situations in grand style.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
As far as joysticks go, I like both, I prefered seimitsu at first but now I like both.

However I prefer seimitsu buttons way over sanwa. Sanwa buttons feel worn out to me even when they are brand new. I prefer the stiffer feel of the seimitsu buttons for sure.

I've got Sanwas buttons on my HRAP 3, and a Neo Geo stick I just ended up with, and I find the buttons to be kind of mushy.

I'm not really digging the feel right now at all - They almost fatigue your hands. I even prefer the Happ comps on my Big Red to the Sanwa buttons. I think I'm going to have to try out some Seimitsu buttons in the future.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I have the LS-32 that came with the HRAP EX SE. I def. agree Seimitsu sticks are better for shooters. There's just something weird about the LS, though, not that I don't like it. It almost feels like an octagonal gate, but I took a look and it's definitley square. It's not a problem for me, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I love the tighter throw, though.

I like Sanwa buttons, but I like Seimitsu's more. I prefer the more tactile feel and the sound response. Also, I'm a form over function guy and the skeleton buttons are just rad.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Sanwa sticks feel loose to me and their buttons are too sensitive. Seimitsu are great for all around play and the buttons are more clicky.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bullet hell shmups seems to be a lot more playable with a Sanwa stick than a Seimitsu one for me.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I installed my LS-32 last night. It seems pretty good, I like how fast it returns to neutral position. But I do have one complaint, when it is actually in its neutral position it seems extremely wobbly. Is that normal?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I installed my LS-32 last night. It seems pretty good, I like how fast it returns to neutral position. But I do have one complaint, when it is actually in its neutral position it seems extremely wobbly. Is that normal?

Yes it is.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
an LS-32 requires more maintenance over its life than a JLF, but a JLF feels like you're stirring a box of springs with a screwdriver. :tickled:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I used to prefer Sanwa almost exclusively. It wasn't until I started playing shooters did I give Semitsu a try.

I now have them fitted on all my cabs, including my hori that I use primarily for Neo fighters, platform and puzzle games.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
an LS-32 requires more maintenance over its life than a JLF, but a JLF feels like you're stirring a box of springs with a screwdriver. :tickled:

Still better than a JLW, that feels like a screwdriver stuck in cement. I prefer Seimitsus, but the JLFs with 8 way plates are good too.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Still better than a JLW, that feels like a screwdriver stuck in cement. I prefer Seimitsus, but the JLFs with 8 way plates are good too.

Hadoken training wheels eh? ;)

Yeah they aren't bad, I couldn't use them for KOF though as HCB's just never came off.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
So no one else has had that psuedo-octagonal feeling with the LS-32?

badtoper

n00b
So no one else has had that psuedo-octagonal feeling with the LS-32?
Yes, I have the answer. It's the restricting gate, even when set in 8 positions (by default) that make this biased corners. I removed it and it's now perfectly square.

Regards

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Semitsu LS-32 all the way here. I don't mind Sanwas for fighting (I love my 8-way-gate training wheels) - so those are in my Exceleena 2 that's used just for 3rd Strike. But I've got Semitsu in both my Neo cabs and Aero Table..... The Astro still has a Sanwa stick, but I really need to pull that in favor of a Semitsu

How do they require more maintenance?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Got them on both my cabs now, I prefer them for shooters but only just put them in on the MVS cab, will see how it goes.

You own multiple cabs?

kernow: the original goob