What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Robo army no NGCD, I clear the game with player one yesterday and I'll play with player 2 today.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Robo army no NGCD, I clear the game with player one yesterday and I'll play with player 2 today.

Robo Army is a good game, one of the best beat em up games on the neo. So much better than the original Sengoku and Burning fight.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Finally got a Birdie on Neo Turf Masters yesterday and played a credit of Real Bout 2 before work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Finally got a Birdie on Neo Turf Masters yesterday and played a credit of Real Bout 2 before work.
That's great news, practice makes perfect. If you want to jump on fightcade someday we can play turfies and I can give you some pointers. Join Los Turfes Club!!!

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Had my bro round today, we had a big 2-player session on MS3, Windjammers and LB.

Good times!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Had my bro round today, we had a big 2-player session on MS3, Windjammers and LB.

Good times!

Windjammers is awesome, eventually I'll pick up a cart of it.

I've been introducing my nephew to more and more neo, he played a variety of stuff, including his first vs fighter, World Heroes 2. He's too young to really get it, but he seemed to enjoy it. Beat em ups seem to be more his style, so eventually I'll pick up Mutation Nation or Robo army when he comes again.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Yesterday I palyed through C.O.W boys of moo mesa, great fun! I used to play it back in the day. I like it a lot and find it more fun than Sunset riders

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Yesterday I palyed through C.O.W boys of moo mesa, great fun! I used to play it back in the day. I like it a lot and find it more fun than Sunset riders

Nice! I got the PCB but sadly it had a Sound error and did not run. Finally got it repaired and wait for it to arrive. I love Run n Gun games and there are not enough good ones.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love Run n Gun games and there are not enough good ones.

*Sigh* What does this mean? How are you differentiating a good run n gun from a bad one?

Difficulty/challenge balance? Innovation? Scoring system?

How does Luciano judge a "good" vs. a "bad" entry in this genre? How can he?

Perhaps you should have said "there are not enough run n' gun games that I like".

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ho ho! I love it, teaching the newblood...appreciate the teachings fellas.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
World heroes 2 playing deatmatch 2 players is fine and the windjammers.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been playing Metal Slug 5 recently. I've never put a lot of time into the entries after 3, so thought I'd give 5 a bit more time. I like it, but not as much as the first 3. I find the walker vehicle far too clumsy and slow to control.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Pulstar. The quest towards 1cc continues...

How close are you? From my experience everything is a matter of craftsmanship, except the last level and the final form of the last boss. There's about 10% of luck one needs to survive both. The former is simply very long and the whole time on the edge to Danmaku intensity, tears down your attention to shreds. The latter fires those fast laser beams, which require a very tight dodge pattern.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Played through part of Metal Slug 4 yesterday. It seems much more challenging than 1-3, maybe even a bit unfair, but that could just be because I'm not as familiar with it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
How close are you? From my experience everything is a matter of craftsmanship, except the last level and the final form of the last boss. There's about 10% of luck one needs to survive both. The former is simply very long and the whole time on the edge to Danmaku intensity, tears down your attention to shreds. The latter fires those fast laser beams, which require a very tight dodge pattern.

I still have a ways to go yet. I can consistently beat stages 1-4 on a single life. I'm currently working on memorizing stage 5. It's slow going for me since I reset to stage 1 upon the loss of a life. This forces me to take less risks and reinforces perfect completions of the previous stages. It's been a lot of fun though. Thanks for asking!

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
since I reset to stage 1 upon the loss of a life.

You seriously should consider using MAME for practicing the later levels. Otherwise it will take you forever to beat the game on 1CC - unless you want to uphold the traditional Japanese penance in learning the game the hard way (a.k.a. "the old days" ;)).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thanks for asking!

You're welcome & thank you for the kind request. Cool to have you as a friend!

In regards to Pulstar, I always use videos made by top players to provide me with interesting solutions. Maybe you'll refuse to go this route, which I fully understand, but if not... check out this Superplay by our own champion and western record holder Gemant (a/k/a AST-GEM). It's a masterpiece:

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

(a.k.a. "the old days" ;)).

No place like it.