Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Well, yeah dude of course it's big. I thought you saw the wheelbase was 116 inches and the overall length is nearly 198 inches. Plus remember it was based on the LX platform.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
lol, I think some of those comments must be Toyota employees. Scary how many Tacomas are on the road.

you think I'd buy a Chevy? haha, no. I just got a gas guzzling king cab Titan. I know it's got it's own share of design quirks as does any 1/2 ton pickup, but the Tundra doesn't sound any better.

5.6L V8 305hp 380 ftlbs of torque. This thing can haul ass. Can do 0-60 off the line in a little over 6 secs. Max governed speed of 140. I can't recall ever seeing a pickups speedometer go that high.

Thats because a pickup doesn't need to go that fast. A pickup should be stupid clumsy and dirty as fuck due to hauling shit all day. The titan's bed is a tiny little thing as well.

Then again driving dump trucks all summer may have skewed my perspective.

I just hate dumb bitches in spotless f-150s, a waste of a truck.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
that challenger looks like a beast from the back, but i'd hit it..

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Wow, it appears much larger when sitting next to the GTO. I've seen one in person (well, at the auto show), and it didn't look that massive.

SSS

neo retired
Thats because a pickup doesn't need to go that fast. A pickup should be stupid clumsy and dirty as fuck due to hauling shit all day. The titan's bed is a tiny little thing as well.

eh, I haul shit all the time. that's the reason I went with the extended cab, instead of the crew cab. extended cab has a 6.5 foot bed, that's a pretty standard size. it's no honda ridgeline. Nissan does offer longer bed models now though. Titan is one of the nicest handling trucks I've ever driven, even has a tighter turning radius than most due to incredibly short front end.

you won't see me with chrome rims and other similar useless accessories. all I'm planning to add is a cat back exhaust for some increased fuel efficiency and a spray in bed liner.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member

Engineers in Detroit call such pickups "Air Haulers".

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Dodge is building the next Titan.

Why wouldn't you go with a Tundra - that 5.7 makes every bit of its advertised horsepower?

What kind of mileage you seeing?

I don't like "nice" trucks...

Like a contractor that buys a new truck, puts rims and tires on it, and NEVER hauls anything - even the toolbox is top of the line without scratches.

My truck gets worked almost daily.

Its at 850 ft. lbs right now... it'll pull hell off a cross.

What kind of hauling you do?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I know, I was just reminded of kiselgof's thread regarding america's fastest dying cities.

Aye. I read in my books of the heyday of Detroit, Motown, tailfins and style on every square inch of sheetmetal or chrome and get a bit nostalgic of an era I wasn't even a part of.

Its sad, but a natual process. GM is taking action to readjust to the market and I think they'll pull through fine, but not unchanged.

Both GM and Ford intend to import Opel and Ford Europe vehicles to the US market. I don't know how well they'll do since the mistake of the Cadillac Catera, but perhaps if the remainder of the brands are similarily reworked their identity will remain intact.

SSS

neo retired
I don't have any sympathy for the big US car manufacturers. They should have been looking ahead, instead of trying to satisfy investors every year with immediate profits. now they're scrambling to develop hybrids/ enter the small car market etc.. while the import companies are well ahead of the curve. too little to late I'm afraid.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Hybrid sales have actually dropped off in the past few months.

Putting pencil to the paper shows for the added costs of a hybrid, one would have to drive it 10-15 years for the added expense to be reclaimed in fuel mileage. I'm not against hybrids, I love technology and efficiency. The engineer side of me loves the stats and efficient use of power, but the accountant side is not impressed.

A Chevy Aveo or Toyota Corolla will go further with the same dollars.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
seen a few of the new Jaguar XF's. I think they are sexy all around. Interior is a mish mash of Jag and BMW, but it's hawt.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
seen a few of the new Jaguar XF's. I think they are sexy all around. Interior is a mish mash of Jag and BMW, but it's hawt.

I'm glad Jaguar has actually made a new car for once, and it has its own look as well. Its a fresh face, and very welcome indeed.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I'm glad Jaguar has actually made a new car for once, and it has its own look as well. Its a fresh face, and very welcome indeed.

well jaguar has always lived by the line "if it aint broke don't fix it" and their design worked, for years and years it worked. even though for years and years it was all they had, and a prayer to make them through to another day. so it's a new design they've tried new ones before. but only time will tell if it's worth it. i still would love to own another jag. someday

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member

The only thing I dislike is that... for some reason, I see it similar to the new Mondeo.

It's not really a bad thing, I mean, they are both gorgeous cars.

well jaguar has always lived by the line "if it aint broke don't fix it" and their design worked, for years and years it worked. even though for years and years it was all they had, and a prayer to make them through to another day. so it's a new design they've tried new ones before. but only time will tell if it's worth it. i still would love to own another jag. someday

Exactly... I mean, they are still using the AJ-V8 engine, right?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
the reason jaguar made a nice new design, cause ford sold that division

The first Jaguar C-XF Concept details were officially unveiled on 3 January 2007.

Jaguar was aquired by Tata Motors on March of 2008.