Old Member's Check-In Thread.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thanks peoples.

Duuude it's hot af over here, so you're almost spot-on Lachlan!

Starks in...

Someone in the UK... just registered an account which is VERY similiar to your username...

Just sayin'... I was gonna delete it... but due to being the funster I am... i chose to see where this leads...

xROTx

PS. Welcome black... blah de blah...

As if I give a shite...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’m 41. That’s pretty old. Can I post here now?

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
As of August 11th 2020, some of us have been members for 20 years, and I'm sure some of you will soon hit that milestone. If you like, feel free to take my avatar and wear it proudly. I looked around and couldn't find one, so I slapped one together yesterday.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
As of August 11th 2020, some of us have been members for 20 years, and I'm sure some of you will soon hit that milestone. If you like, feel free to take my avatar and wear it proudly. I looked around and couldn't find one, so I slapped one together yesterday.

Shawn, is that you?

What's new with you?

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member

Nice reminder. In 5 months, it will be 20 years for me. A lost of my posts were in the first several years too of the board. The early 2000's I would say were the golden years of the forums.

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
Nice reminder. In 5 months, it will be 20 years for me. A lost of my posts were in the first several years too of the board. The early 2000's I would say were the golden years of the forums.

20 years--crazy, right? Wish I could use my time machine and get back all the AES carts I had that are now worth over $10,000 each. What's really cool is that this board is still here, super active, and looks EXACTLY the same as it did two decades ago. It's sort of like a warm blanket, lol. Thanks for checking in!

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
20 years--crazy, right? Wish I could use my time machine and get back all the AES carts I had that are now worth over $10,000 each. What's really cool is that this board is still here, super active, and looks EXACTLY the same as it did two decades ago. It's sort of like a warm blanket, lol. Thanks for checking in!
Yeah, now that you mention it, it is exactly the same. All other sites like Facebook etc. gets facelifts but not this site.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Present & accounted for.

How have all you accorn loving Phags been the last few years?

Just tipped the 20 year membership scale for myself.

When covid hit & the lockdown began we were all forced to slowdown & one of the things that I started to remember was coming out of my teens & into my twenties at the turn of the century, having discovered the neo ponly a few short years earlier & then diving headfirst into it (and arcade gaming in general) while leaving the home based game systems behind in most regards. That included joining this forum & the enuing shenanigans.

I really meant to come back here & start posting as I remembered what fun I had given the subject material & how it was more toward the begining of the internet (you know, when the net was still fresh & fun), but unfortunately, not only was the pandemic unprecedented but so was the reactions of many people who do not process fear that well. We all saw that on TV & i'm sure some of you saw that up close with family & friends as I did. It was like watching rabid animal react while feeling cornered.

I can't believe that some much time has gone by already.

When I logged back in I checked out my profile as I was curious as to when I had posted last & when I saw a date of Sept, 2014 I could not believe it. It made me feel a bit sad to be honest. All things considered though it makes some sense as

Fuck, I remember it being the turn of the century, SNK USA proper was still operating. I was graduating high school. The internet was coming out of it's infancy. I had already been introducted to the neo & was getting into it through the DHP, this site & SNK themselves.

Shit, remember all of that.

- Clearence neo deals from SNK.
- Taking half of columbia up our nostrils while throwing down benjamins for an NGFJapan magazine collection at sorority house full of hot chicks.
- Their staff asking me (a kid) if I wanted to buy home carts in bulk at discount.
- The closure of SNK USA proper & the flood of new old stock.
- The launch of the Neo Geo Pocket
- The 2nd run or metal slug 3 home carts
- fooling the pope :smirk:
- Candy cab group buys
- Meet up's at J&L Game & (the original) China Town Fair in NYC
- Drama, drama & more dama.

As previously noted: this site has stayed, for the most part, the same for upwards of a quarter century.......a very welcome thing in a worl that seems to be, in many ways, for change just for the sake of such with no real need behind it.

The neo & this scene have been a big part of my life as there has been nothing quite like it.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Welcome back orpheus! I remember the closure of SNK well. This place needs old timers like you to come back into the fold man.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
That’s a name and avatar I haven’t seen in a few years! Orpheus!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Present & accounted for.

How have all you accorn loving Phags been the last few years?

Just tipped the 20 year membership scale for myself.

I can't believ that some much time has gone by already.

Fuck, I remember it being the turn of the century, SNK USA proper was still operating. I was graduating high school. The internet was coming out of it's infancy. I had already been introducted to the neo & was getting into it through the DHP, this site & SNK themselves.

Shit, remember all of that.

- Clearence neo deals from SNK.
- Their staff asking me (a kid) if I wanted to buy home carts in bulk at discount.
- The closure of SNK USA proper & the flood of new old stock.
- The launch of the Neo Geo Pocket
- The 2nd run or metal slug 3 home carts
- fooling the pope:smirk:
- Candy cab group buys
- Drama, drama & more dama.

As previously noted: this site has stayed, for the most part, the same for upwards of a quarter century.......a very welcome thing in a worl that seems to be, in many ways, for change just for the sake of such with no real need behind it.

The neo & this scene have been a big part of my life as there has been nothing quite like it.

And PARTYING!

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Just checking in here again as it's been a while, and since the forums are back up and have gotten a make-over.

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
Dr Docking checking in! You old lads might need a checkup at my clinic, especially THE MAN.