Don't Talk to the police.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Sorry, it was really painful to listen to the lawyer talk. I have nothing against lawyers - but my spidey senses were going off listening to the guy. Sounds like he was trying really hard to be my friend. Me trust me > him.

If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

Had a friend arrested for DUI, made a confession of having been drinking that night. Told him, sorry, but advised this information for the future.

So, I dug this thread up, and check out all the Star Wars talk.

Also, check out this post above.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Had a friend arrested for DUI, made a confession of having been drinking that night. Told him, sorry, but advised this information for the future.

So, I dug this thread up, and check out all the Star Wars talk.

Also, check out this post above.

Maybe better advice would be to not drink and drive maybe?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
@Lithy - love the post above your last one :emb:

PS: Never, ever, ever consent to a search under any circumstance.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Also never show the police any form of identification unless you are engaged in some activity in which you are legally required to have a form of identification.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This was a great thread... probably some of the best advice anyone could ever give.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm not sure the advice in this thread helped a certain individual :tickled:

lithy

20 Year Member
Bodily harm or property damage, I have a different opinion.

Maybe better advice would be to not drink and drive maybe?

I have more contempt for DUI laws and the various methods by which they get enforced than I do for 'drunk' (more like mildly intoxicated) drivers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Also never show the police any form of identification unless you are engaged in some activity in which you are legally required to have a form of identification.

That's probably why police tend to stop people in their cars. They can't refuse a LEO requesting to see their driver's license.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I thought he was going to get stopped 15 times on the video. :( Extremely interesting, though. And the guy has one hell of a speaking voice.

But if I could say one thing to him, it would be to keep his hands on the fucking wheel. Stopped at the light is okay, of course. But this guy is gesticulating wildly with both hands while in motion. That drives me nuts when I'm in the passenger seat. And keep your eyes on the road.

aria

Former Moderator
I have more contempt for DUI laws and the various methods by which they get enforced than I do for 'drunk' (more like mildly intoxicated) drivers.

That's a load of crap. What did you do, get caught?

Pro Tip: People who know people injured by drunk drivers think you're a naive ideologue for saying something that stupid.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
PS: Never, ever, ever consent to a search under any circumstance.

THIS!

Just tell an officer "Are you violating the fourth amendment?". If s/he doesn't comply, just remember two things: 1. they have a camera in their dashboard and 2. ALWAYS have a device that can record your conversations.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

You're an idiot. I hear the same line of bull shit from friends that love to drive around "mildy intoxicated" endangering lives.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

i have more contempt for people that don't treat driving as the life and death situation that is and needlessly endanger the lives of others because they're too dumb or inconsiderate to realize the potential negative impact that their terrible decisions can have

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Drunk driving is irresponsible and stupid. I've lost two friends that way.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
think you're a naive ideologue
I always imagine Lithy as living in the middle of nowhere, miles from his nearest neighbor, so that he can think about these things in purely idealistic terms and with nothing having any practical effects on anyone else.

lithy

20 Year Member
To Bobak's point, I have never been pulled over for suspicion of DUI.

Pro Tip: People who know people injured by drunk drivers think you're a naive ideologue for saying something that stupid.

And people that make policy decision based on personal experiences can go fuck themselves.

People who know people injured by drunk drivers already have a course of action for proving negligence of the offending driver.

I bet a lot of you busting out the good old :rolleyes: do plenty of shit that leaves you more distracted from your driving than you should be.

I'm more afraid of a shit driver with a cell phone, hamburger, or mascara brush, than I am of a good driver with a .08 BAC.