Horrible MAMEcabs

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Found this on the KLOV forum today....

View attachment 8808

I can't actually say it's a mame cab for sure, but I just don't think the Tekken 1 CP art, the Tekken 3 marquee, and the giant shopping cart sized control panel is being used for just Puzzle Bobble. Someone mentioned it previously being a light gun game. It must have taken a forklift to move.

Looks like one cab giving the other one head. XD

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I don't think it's MAME, but that Tekken Bobble cab is the first I've seen in a while that's so hilariously bad that it made me chuckle. You can tell it actually saw a lot of use somewhere, too. Think the CP's big enough?

Reminds me of an arcade around here that used to have an NFL Blitz cab converted to Tekken 4 (with an inexplicable N64 memory card slot left dangling), but that wasn't anywhere near as awful.

Such a great choice of game and screen orientation on the glowy XArcade, lol.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Holy shit! Where do I send my 2k$ cuz that cocktail (can you even call it that if the monitor isn't flush with the table top?) is dynamite. Bonus pts for P.O.W. bezel...

00r0r_6RxRg1CBFti_600x450.jpg

Also why is it being shown with Lethal Enforcers, it hasn't got a light gun (what can you expect for a mere 2,000$) attached? Trackball your way to victory!?

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
"log style extra"

00c0c_8gUFWswK6UN_600x450.jpg
01616_caeADPEgobD_600x450.jpg

Oh yea, of course you'll have to spend a little more. Too bad they don't say just how much "extra" I'm tempted to call and ask...

I'm working on a custom made out of red brick and cinder blocks, to match my apt building! :D

Last edited:

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
It's $275 a cord delivered here. Never been into wood encased electronics. Just a personal thing I guess, but those analog interactive sticks sure are pretty....

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Here is one I found on c-list tonight. Had to share with you guys cause words cant describe!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/vgm/4222232775.html
Reminds me of the Game Reaver a bunch of pages back. You need cojones the size of watermelons to try to call this thing an actual arcade cabinet.

With the other cab, I like how you can pay more for the "log style extra" but he's not offering to put more than two buttons on the thing.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Here is one I found on c-list tonight. Had to share with you guys cause words cant describe!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/vgm/4222232775.html

"This is a perfectly working Full Size Multigame-Emulator Arcade Machine in a Uniwar S Tabletop with POW (prisoners of war) artwork. This is not your average or typical arcade machine.... there are six different game systems configured to run on one arcade machine. It is UNLIKE any other machine you will see."

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN *gouges out eyes*

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Is that me, no it's the other guy with the twenty fingers!

it's just PS3, so at least the aspect ratio is ok...

Don

Camel Slug
Holy shit! Where do I send my 2k$ cuz that cocktail (can you even call it that if the monitor isn't flush with the table top?) is dynamite. Bonus pts for P.O.W. bezel...

View attachment 9241

Also why is it being shown with Lethal Enforcers, it hasn't got a light gun (what can you expect for a mere 2,000$) attached? Trackball your way to victory!?

Looks like a bootleg candy cab. At 2k LOL, plz.

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
It's my favorite classic arcade game

rWJLloc.jpg

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Well to be fair that Minecraft cab isn't actually a MAME cab.

It still makes me question... Why? Especially when you consider how uncomfortable it would be to stand up for hours on end trying to place little squares with a trackball.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Anyway, I won the Neo Geo...
...I thought about fixing it and using it as an MVS system, but by gutting it and putting a computer in it...
...new X-Arcade Control Panel...
...I still wanted to make my arcade machine look cooler...
...This panel has 5 joysticks, an aluminum spinner, a trackball with blue led, and tons of buttons, including side buttons for pinball games...

It's like a cavalcade of utter and complete fail that just continues to degenerate worse and worse the more he runs his mouth :eek: :crying: :annoyed:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Joel Andrew Glastetter, murderer of a perfectly fine MVS cab, creator of abominations.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
"The Neo Geo had a bad monitor, but the cabinet was in great shape"

Further details revealed on his site confirm this was its only issue, as he continues to list hardware removed...

IMGP1999-150x150.jpgIMGP0976-150x150.jpgIMGP1994-150x150.jpgIMGP1993-150x150.jpgIMGP1986-150x150.jpg

Uh, its called a chassis replacement/repair buddy. Damn, Chad Entringer could have fixed that for half the price of the X-Arcade alone.
Rather he opted for this abomination...

ArcadeMachineSilo.png

Perfect! All he is missing now is a 2,000$ price tag and a sale post on his local Craig's List.