Size of a Neo Geo Gold cab?

Neist

n00b
I tried googling my eyeballs out, and I didn't have as much luck poking around these boards (maybe I'm just terrible at searching.. I apologize if that be the case), but I can't seem to find the approximate size of a Neo Geo Gold cab.

I've been looking to get a cab for a while. Would have preferred a candy cab, but it's really out of my price range, and there's a gold cab for sale within driving distance.

Anyone know the width, height, and weight of one? I live in a small place and I have nearly no one to help me move it. They can't be all that big from pictures I've seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
25 3/8 W x 64 H x 29 1/2 D

Two of us carried my Goldie up two stories before very easily...I would guess it weighs about 120 pounds.

Last edited:

Neist

n00b
You, sir, are a king.

Smaller than I would have guessed. Thanks a bunch!

noCLip

Camel Slug
Yeah the Goldie isnt massive, i wuv mine, you should get it asap!
edit: if you want i can get a tape measure out and measure mine, but im assuming busted is correct

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Sounds about right. around 2.5 feet across and a little more to the depth. They really aren't bad to move, if it weren't awkward weight, I could easily move it on my own. I haven't seen one around my area since I let a friend of mine take the last I found listed online.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Best thing you can do when moving a Gold cab is to remove the monitor. It's pretty easy to do, just pop open the back to unplug everything, then get to it from the front (remove the glass, bezel and you will see it all).

The unit is not that heavy overall, but with the screen as the very highest thing on that cab, it is quite awkward to move around, especially in tighter places. Taking the monitor out will go a long way.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Best thing you can do when moving a Gold cab is to remove the monitor. It's pretty easy to do, just pop open the back to unplug everything, then get to it from the front (remove the glass, bezel and you will see it all).

The unit is not that heavy overall, but with the screen as the very highest thing on that cab, it is quite awkward to move around, especially in tighter places. Taking the monitor out will go a long way.

Goes about the same for all cabinets. My red cabinet with a 25 in CRT was ridiculous to move with it still in there plus the weight of the rest of the cabinet and control panel. I made sure to take out both last time I moved it and it wasn't too bad.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Get a good dolly and a secure fastener belt. You can manage to haul a 4 slot cab up a flight of stairs by yourself with this setup.

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have a 2 slot cab with a 4 slot in it, it was a lot easier to move than my Marvel Vs Capcom!

SSS

neo retired
They'll fit in a dumpster.

For about the same floor real estate you can get a nice looking rev 1 style big red. See the top photos here:

http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/usa/usCabs.htm

the ones with the normal size marquees, not the huge black metal version.

goldies are not small enough to make a huge difference over a normal red cab. Both are the same width wise, both weigh over 200lbs. The goldie just is a few inches less deep. It's ugly as sin and the monitor is at an awkward viewing angle. I'd take a mini 2 slot 13 over a gold cab any day.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Really more of a heigh difference then anything, not by much. I got my wooden cabinets for nostalgia, they're actually very uncomfortable to play, they spaced the buttons way too far apart. Crazy hand cramps after just a few rounds. I really only play Metal Slug on mine. I save my fighters for the candy cabinets.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's your cab. You can work on the CPO and drill new holes to relocate the buttons according to your own preferences if the standard layout doesn't fit your hand.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
It's your cab. You can work on the CPO and drill new holes to relocate the buttons according to your own preferences if the standard layout doesn't fit your hand.

Not really worth that much more effort. then I'd also have to reprint new CPO artwork that matched the new button layout and buy plexi to go over it. I'd be doing all of that when there's a perfectly comfortable button layout on the other cabinets in the room.