So I got a Wonderswan Color...

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Just received a Wonderswan Color today and I only have 2 games for it. Some weird Hamster RPG and Pocket Fighters.

Did some searching online and I'm wondering if there were any good games for this thing that is not an RPG?

I'm not a real fan of this thing so far, good thing I didn't pay anything for it. Is there any good games out for this handheld?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Just received a Wonderswan Color today and I only have 2 games for it. Some weird Hamster RPG and Pocket Fighters.

Did some searching online and I'm wondering if there were any good games for this thing that is not an RPG?

I'm not a real fan of this thing so far, good thing I didn't pay anything for it. Is there any good games out for this handheld?

I only got into this for the visual novels like Terrors and Terrors 2 and Ringu Infinity. (Yes, hugely into horror. My dream is to one day encounter real ghosts.) I can't really comment on other games 'cos they didn't really appeal to me.

1980te72

New Challenger
there is tetris, a one piece game (that's kind of like smash brothers), makimura (ghost n' goblins), and a few others i cant think of at this moment. but there are some other good games for it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gunpey is a lot of fun. I guess you can also get the Guilty Gear game for it, but it's forgettable.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Also enjoyed Gunpey on WS. I got rid of mine though, forgettable system for the most part.

I'm sure Judgment Silversword is cool and all that, but not for the price it commands.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Still pissed that a port of the classic Final Fantasy 3 was promised but not delivered. The DS version is just a totally different game.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I recommend the WS version of Magical Drop and the port of Puyo Puyo 2. Neither of them are in color though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
F1 GP
guilty gear petite
One Piece Coliseum
Mr Driller

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Also enjoyed Gunpey on WS. I got rid of mine though, forgettable system for the most part.

I'm sure Judgment Silversword is cool and all that, but not for the price it commands.

What is it selling for now?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Congrats! I've always been interested in picking one of these up, just haven't gotten around to it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tekken Card Challenge, is an awomse hybrid of card game with a bit of RPG to it and a fun pachi slot system.

The Guilty Gear games are nice but that D pad is a night mare. I would stay away from fighters if I were you.

Magical Drop is awsome and I'm really dying to play Mr. Driller, it must be amazing!

I have both the Crystal and the COlor one however my Crystal died for no reason, it just doesn't work anymore.

I would also liek to see what's the big deal for the RSG game, the price tag is ridiculous but one of these days I'll either hunt the rom to check it out or just take the plunge and be done with it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
In my opinion, the Wonderswan is worth getting just for Wild Card alone. Love that game. It's an RPG though.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bullet hell would be a bitch on a screen that small...

Out of curiosity, is there any way to output Wonderswan screen to tv? I know someone made a one-of-its-kind custom output cable for ngpc, but the price is also one-of-its-kind...

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
WS has Goldenaxe.. never got a chance to play it though.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Within a month, I was able to pick up a WonderSwan Crystal and some games. The best of the color games is hands down One Piece Grand Battle. It's a fun little "smash bros" kind of game that is worth your time. My favorite B&W game is Magical Drop. It's easily the second best portable version of the MD series (NGP port being #1).

A weird game that I don't really love or hate is Buffer's Evolution. It's a time trial platformer that I need to give it some more time.

Now a game that I just loath because I suck at it is Rhyme Rider Kerorican. Made by the same studio that did Vib Ribbon, the isometric view makes timing the jumps almost next to impossible making the game just broken.

Having played these games on the WS B&W, WS Color and WS Crystal, I strongly suggest getting the Crystal because the screen is just so darn nice.

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
I recommend the rockman game, and mr. driller is kick ass on any system.