Guns and the Gabrielle Giffords shooting.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
smokehouse said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_insurance_plan

Taxing someone on the cost of their health care because it's too costly...that's putting the word "need" on something like healthcare. You don't really need that expensive of a plan...therefore we're going to tax you on it. Not everyone can afford it so guess what, we're going to make you pay for it.

While I don't quite know what context this is in...

I'll just say this... At some point, an insurance plan provided by an employer should not be tax free. When you start talking about things like acupuncture, private rooms and 5 star rehab: some of that has to count as compensation.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Point noted, but I disagree. We didn't become a country until 1788 anyway so your date needs adjustment.

I feel that during the post war era we should have "known better" but...ultimately it was just the same shit on a different day. Besides, "height of" implies a peak.

I'm rather "fond" of the Indian Wars.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm rather "fond" of the Indian Wars.

Yes those were some pretty good times. But during the Cold War our hypocrisy reached new highw as we were a world superpower then determining the fate of dozens of nations. Not just our own.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
While I don't quite know what context this is in...

I'll just say this... At some point, an insurance plan provided by an employer should not be tax free. When you start talking about things like acupuncture, private rooms and 5 star rehab: some of that has to count as compensation.

Cost does not equal quality...

I am forced to pay $5.25/hr or some $840/month for my oh-so-amazing Blue Cross plan. My deductibles are sky high and they attempt to reject every claim I make.

I cannot opt out of this plan...it is also a shitty plan that I have no control over (Union)...why in the fuck should I be taxed on something I cannot control simply because it already costs me an arm and a leg? It would count as $10K/yr more income that I actually get...this would fuck me on taxes...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I just ordered ten 30 round AK-74 magazines.

I'm going to save up a bit of cash and get a 45 round bakelite AK-74 mag next.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Russian? Pffft.

I prefer my Conscripts from Bulgaria or preferably East Germany.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Are you and your wife planning on buying a Russian?

Well see that's the thing. I want one, but there's a 40% discount on the second one if you buy 2. I thought if you were in the market for a Russian, we could maybe split the cost and save.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Well see that's the thing. I want one, but there's a 40% discount on the second one if you buy 2. I thought if you were in the market for a Russian, we could maybe split the cost and save.

Are you sure? I heard they're kinda gamey and you really have to tenderize the crap out of them to be halfway edible. It would suck to be stuck with two if you don't even like one.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Again, you are not reading the posts. I would only have one of the Russians.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I could be convinced to buy Russian at a discounted price.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cost does not equal quality...

I am forced to pay $5.25/hr or some $840/month for my oh-so-amazing Blue Cross plan. My deductibles are sky high and they attempt to reject every claim I make.

I cannot opt out of this plan...it is also a shitty plan that I have no control over (Union)...why in the fuck should I be taxed on something I cannot control simply because it already costs me an arm and a leg? It would count as $10K/yr more income that I actually get...this would fuck me on taxes...

Yeah, it is pretty fucked up that you can't opt out... My workplace allows us to opt out, but you have to prove that you have insurance to do so. And that does seem like a lot for shitty insurance... Some fat cat must be getting a nice kickback.

But is that 10K just for yourself or for your family? If it's Family, then it's a little cheaper than the total premium of what my work offers.

Either way, it falls under the cap of getting any taxes, and it is half the cap if it is family.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I ordered a firearm over the phone today.

Granted it has to ship to an FFL in my state and then I have to do a background check...but still.

I do plan to finally use my FFL03 and get a gun through the mail (straight to my house) later this year.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

Granted it has to ship to an FFL in my state and then I have to do a background check...but still.

I do plan to finally use my FFL03 and get a gun through the mail (straight to my house) later this year.

That's cool. Sadly, while you can order guns through the mail here in the U.S., you STILL can't order genuinely dangerous stuff like alcohol. Fucking stupid prohibition-era bullshit.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

What will you do with it? (Other than throw it on the pile?)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What will you do with it? (Other than throw it on the pile?)

Probably shoot targets and be pleased with the cheap military surplus ammo it fires. I only ordered the part that legally constitutes the firearm.

I'll post a picture when I get it so you can see that it is literally a bent piece of metal with some holes in it. I'm building the gun up in march with some friends. We are all building AKs

Should be fun.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
PS: I ordered ten 30 round magazines for it. I need to pick up one of the 45 round magazines.