Blast City Club

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Just to let you know, my blast does the same thing, however, I got around it by just leaving it powered on all the time and controlling the power to the plug via a small multi outlet thing. I have it linked to all 3 of my machines so they are easily turned on and off.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Glad you found it...if you don't like it wired that way...you could probably ask one of the guys around here who makes adapters to make you one that would go between that molex you found on the line filter and over to that 120v connection on the I/O board...and if that end was piggy backed you could still hook other stuff into it while having your marquee light turn on and off with the monitor then too...

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
It was, well I traced the two wires from the marquee light all the way to the line filter. It's hooked with a molex plug so no hanky panky with the wiring that I am aware of.

fixed it on my buddy's cab. it looks like this in the billboard section. molex ! that's not japan spec ;)

17078790418_9df24a8440_c.jpg

right underneath the billboard section are the normal connectors...

17059159307_4d647ec336_c.jpg

so I followed the wires, the ground goes with all the other ground cables, to the screw on the base plate of the cab. the 2 AC wires ( black and withe ) went to something behind the coin box, looks like a huge iso transformer or something ( didn't care to look ) . BUT along that wire is a 3 pin AMP disconnect, right by the cab io... :lolz: how convenient !! moved it over to the aux AC on the cab io and problem solved. the marquee light is now controlled by the front power switch :)

17080315189_0ddbce3df2_c.jpg

I realize that the correct way to fix this would be to re-wire to the ballast AC cord to have a 3 pin amp connector, but I didn't have my tools with me and he's happy with this fix since he's never gonna need that AC jack.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
So I got a Taito G-net board for my blast and got the Compact flash card mod done but I still have actual cartridges too so I wanted to give them a shock box treatment. A friend of mine showed me these tiny little cases that are a perfect fit for the cards so I grabbed a bunch. He mocked up a quick case design for a couple and they look pretty awesome. Hadn't seen this done before so figured I would share what they look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430591612.809790.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430591622.392279.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430591631.909026.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430591640.926359.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Where did you get the cases and do you have templates for the insert design? They look sick and I have about 10 cards that NEED these.

Westcb

Where did you get the cases and do you have templates for the insert design? They look sick and I have about 10 cards that NEED these.

I got the cases at a shop here in town called Hastings, they were 99 cents each, I don't have a template but I can send u this file maybe you can help make some more? :-) if you can't find the cases locally I can mail you some. Here is another one he did for chaos heat ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430592790.462854.jpg
7402e6d81e0f0204679bf82576310a0e.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Excellent little boxes you got there and the super puzzle bobble insert looks perfect!

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Today is a bit of a mixed bag - I just sold my blast :(

9C0D0F6F-846B-4570-892E-59C7802DF6AF_zpsxgmqwtwl.jpg

on the upside, at least it's going to someone who's really going to enjoy it.
Marigold treated me well, it's time for her to move along :)

Last edited:

Westcb

Today is a bit of a mixed bag - I just sold my blast :(

9C0D0F6F-846B-4570-892E-59C7802DF6AF_zpsxgmqwtwl.jpg

on the upside, at least it's going to someone who's really going to enjoy it.
Marigold treated me well, it's time for her to move along :)

You can always grab another :-) was it a happy story where you got something cool with the money from the sale?

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
just a fat wad right now.
probably mostly going into the new car fund, though I'll end up getting some Dreamcast love with it, i'm sure.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
I guess I should post my blast in here! I'm considering getting a second one for Darksofts CPS2 multiboard.

ErU999K.jpg

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks to barter I got my first candy cab today. I drove 7 hours to Omaha to get it and then back before the normal evening Colorado storms. I made it home just in time. I'm very happy. It's now set up with my only vertical SHMUP I own...

(my Brother -In-Law joined me on the trip...this is him unwrapping my cab)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Congrats man, that’s quite the road trip! Is it your first candy cab, do you plan on keeping it vertical?
Dangerous addiction, 1 quickly becomes 2, then they start multiplying and before you know it you’ll be figuring out creative ways to make more space in your living room to accommodate all your cabs. :lolz:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Twin Cobra? Hell yeah! Congrats bro and welcome to the club! :buttrock:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Congrats man, that’s quite the road trip! Is it your first candy cab, do you plan on keeping it vertical?
Dangerous addiction, 1 quickly becomes 2, then they start multiplying and before you know it you’ll be figuring out creative ways to make more space in your living room to accommodate all your cabs. :lolz:

It is my first candy cab. I do plan to keep it vertical. I have a Dynamo HS-1 that is horizontal so the Blast City will let me play the vertical games. I only have Twin Cobra right now, but I have a NAOMI that I plan to get some SHMUPS for. I'm hoping that the candy cabs come flooding in. I have lots of boards that would love to get more action!

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Twin Cobra? Hell yeah! Congrats bro and welcome to the club! :buttrock:

YES! I had the Twin Cobra pcb for a long time because I always wanted to make a dedicated Taito Trimline cabinet for it. I have NOS side art for it in a frame on my wall to keep it flat and safe until the day comes when I finally get around to the project...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

Truth. 4 cabinets later and I'm moving onto more expensive candy/import cabinet tastes.. :S

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
congrats nerdtendo , that's a great first candy cab ! it passed through in a my garage, it was in bad shape till batre did a nice fix up job on on it.

have fun ! and if you haven't already checked this out, do so now :D http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
So I got a Taito G-net board for my blast and got the Compact flash card mod done but I still have actual cartridges too so I wanted to give them a shock box treatment. A friend of mine showed me these tiny little cases that are a
perfect fit for the cards so I grabbed a bunch. He mocked up a quick case design for a couple and they look pretty awesome. Hadn't seen this done before so figured I would share what they look like.

man those case .... :drool:

Westcb

So after a very long wait I finally got my last stool for my blasts (thanks to Stellarola). These were used and of course the foam was non existent and butt sweat stained pretty heavy. After sitting on one for about 5 mins I realized these are super uncomfortable :-) I went to a foam store in town and tested out several kinds and settled on this very dense foam used in truck drivers seats (has amazing durability and will hold up to extreme abuse. Cut me out some squares and used a upholstery glue to make sure my padding won't come lose from the wood base.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431047215.874340.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431047225.256649.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431047234.241391.jpg
Next step was fabric, I checked out red and blue but just didn't fall in love with the color. Then I found some furniture grade velour in a gray color that was very close to the gray that was on one of the stools originally. Got the fabric stapled to the base and some Ferrules on the two that were missing them. Now they are super comfortable to sit on, and take up almost no space when I stack them. I also managed to get Stella's Xmen board and a proper blast marquee holder.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048150.960175.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048159.316847.jpg

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
So after a very long wait I finally got my last stool for my blasts (thanks to Stellarola). These were used and of course the foam was non existent and butt sweat stained pretty heavy. After sitting on one for about 5 mins I realized these are super uncomfortable :-) I went to a foam store in town and tested out several kinds and settled on this very dense foam used in truck drivers seats (has amazing durability and will hold up to extreme abuse. Cut me out some squares and used a upholstery glue to make sure my padding won't come lose from the wood base.View attachment 25151View attachment 25152View attachment 25153
Next step was fabric, I checked out red and blue but just didn't fall in love with the color. Then I found some furniture grade velour in a gray color that was very close to the gray that was on one of the stools originally. Got the fabric stapled to the base and some Ferrules on the two that were missing them. Now they are super comfortable to sit on, and take up almost no space when I stack them. I also managed to get Stella's Xmen board and a proper blast marquee holder.
View attachment 25155View attachment 25156

Glad I was able to see you again. Those burgers we got were amaze-balls. Till next time... :cool:

Last edited: