A friend of mine just released his debut album today (chiptune goodness inside)

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
A friend of mine released his debut album digitally today and I thought I'd share it here. Ser Flash is a chiptune composer as well as the host of "Bullet Heaven", an online show focusing on shmups.

The album's sound is definitely some quality music to blast aliens to bits with, and I think some of you might really enjoy it.

You can listen to as well as purchase the album at his label's site.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
listening now. i appreciate that it sounds like the OST to a shmup that doesn't actually exist, rather than shoe-horning the chiptune sound into an existing genre like most artists do.

i'd really like to re-do his cover art though.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
listening now. i appreciate that it sounds like the OST to a shmup that doesn't actually exist, rather than shoe-horning the chiptune sound into an existing genre like most artists do.

i'd really like to re-do his cover art though.

If I'm not mistaken he's done a few pieces of promo art for the album that I liked a bit more than the one he settled for. If nothing else it fits the theme.

I agree with what you said about other artists shoehorning the chiptune sound into their music, it usually bugs the hell out of me as well and rarely works well.

Awesome, buying this when I get paid tomorrow! :buttrock:

Glad you like it, Billy Blitz. :buttrock: I strongly suggest giving Steep Entry a listen if you haven't already. At 2:05 my jaw hit the floor. Sounds like this remind me why I love the 16-bit generation so damn much. Pure awesomeness.