HEY HEY HEY! Spike.com is putting this years best fighting game to a vote

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I never even realised that the newest Mortal Kombat game is simply titled "Mortal Kombat."
icon4.gif
Negative points on the vote just for that.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Let's dogpile that fucking KOF vote button and put these guys back on the map.
Uh... yeah. Even if every Neo-Geo.com member jumped on a frickin' TV station's website to vote for The King of Fighters 2011, there's no way we'd outnumber the mind-stumped legions of Marvel VS Capcom fanboys. :crying:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Never keep up with the spike votes but I'll be in for TRYING to get kof recognition.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Uh... yeah. Even if every Neo-Geo.com member jumped on a frickin' TV station's website to vote for The King of Fighters 2011, there's no way we'd outnumber the mind-stumped legions of Marvel VS Capcom fanboys. :crying:

Read the comments below and around 70% are chiming in to support KOF.
Some desperation and zeal might be the best thing KOFs fanbase might have going for it.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Everyone here will vote for KoF despite never having played it and the console version isn't even out.

I've played XIII at my local arcade, it's decent, but I would honestly vote for Mortal Kombat 9, since there's never been an MK to take at such a proper level. I'm glad they've got their shit sorted.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Everyone here will vote for KoF despite never having played it and the console version isn't even out.

I've played XIII at my local arcade, it's decent, but I would honestly vote for Mortal Kombat 9, since there's never been an MK to take at such a proper level. I'm glad they've got their shit sorted.

Die today.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.

I haven't played KOF13 but after KOF12 I don't know why anyone would give SNK the benefit of the doubt with any game.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hmm... well I'll wait till I play KOF XIII, the honest vote would go towards mvc3.... but mvc3 doesn't need support, I would support the shit outa KOF XIII if the netcode is passable.

EDIT: left out a I on kof XIII, damn confusing roman numerals.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
WWE All-Stars? Yeah...hahaha...who gives a fuck about that.
Probably about 98% of Spike's audience. On any fighting game site, yeah, the very idea is laughable. But I would definitely not bet money against a WWE game on a Spike poll.

I voted XIII just from what we've seen in match videos. It looks solid, and enough people who would know (and aren't on SNKP's payroll) have played it and say it is. And aesthetically, we can already see and hear everything there is to see and hear in the game. So no worries there.

@Elixir: I'd suggest that if you really are interested in being unbiased, you check out some of the many, many videos that show the differences and improvements in the console version from the arcade release you played.

That said. MK9 is definitely worthy of a vote as well, imo.

Fuck MvC3, though.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
MK9 is great...probably the best on that list for the single player campaign alone.
But coming on here to take the piss from us KOF voters is missing the point entirely.

We're cheering on the underdog and Elixir is telling us which is better like we give a fuck.

MvC and MK9 are already cash in the bank and burying KOF in MvC/mk9 votes won't help those of us who still enjoy arcade style 2d fighters.

So thanks for the input, but no thanks.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's also fucked as hell that they set up the vote while ONLY ONE OF THE GAMES is still unreleased. What kind of bullshit is that? KOF deserves votes just for the purpose of protesting this fucking unfair bullshit.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Left a comment representing KOF and ng.com.

Fuck all the other bitches.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I wouldn't worry about it either way "(VGA ADVISORY COUNCIL VOTES ON WINNERS}"

horay, a group of people who don't know shit about fighting games think this is the fighting game of the year, nice job winning a scrub popularity contest, but I digress, I guess it could be good publicity.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
It's also fucked as hell that they set up the vote while ONLY ONE OF THE GAMES is still unreleased. What kind of bullshit is that? KOF deserves votes just for the purpose of protesting this fucking unfair bullshit.

Exactly.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Solidarity, brother.

I just checked to see if you actually did what you said, or just posted a picture of Classicmodes cock.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What they should have done is entered each version of MvC3 that Capcom has tricked people into buying as a separate game, which would split the MvC3 vote. Sadly, one version would probably still win, but at least it wouldn't be as much of a landslide.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
MK9 is great...probably the best on that list for the single player campaign alone.
But coming on here to take the piss from us KOF voters is missing the point entirely.

We're cheering on the underdog and Elixir is telling us which is better like we give a fuck.

MvC and MK9 are already cash in the bank and burying KOF in MvC/mk9 votes won't help those of us who still enjoy arcade style 2d fighters.

So thanks for the input, but no thanks.

Why does XIII--of which you haven't played, and if you have, it's of 2010--deserve to win the "best fighting game of 2011" award?

If the console version significantly improves from the arcade version (of which I've played), that's great! And I would have gladly considered voting for it if it were publicly available.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why does XIII--of which you haven't played, and if you have, it's of 2010--deserve to win the "best fighting game of 2011" award?

If the console version significantly improves from the arcade version (of which I've played), that's great! And I would have gladly considered voting for it if it were publicly available.
It will be. In 2011. And from the people from fighting game forums who have played it, thay all say it's been changed enough to qualify as a different game from the arcade release. So it is a 2011 game.

Spike just shouldn't have opened their stupid poll until after November 22. But I guess it's no dumber than anything else they do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol@ all the people saying KoF Xiii isn't out yet. It was released to the public months ago. I haven't played it myself, but are people really that ignorant to seriously think it's not out. It's been out.