The King of Fighters XIII Game Play Thread

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
next one I am aiming for is complete time trials with each fighter, theres a couple of fighters I hate using though like Goro Daiman so going to get his out of the way, already lost twice with him.
I really dont think I will be attempting those other trials for now though as it looks like hard work, especially the level ten ones.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hardest trophy is the 200 trials one. I'm chipping away at, albeit, slowly.

It's not that hard, you need to finish 6 trials per character. The first 5 trials for each character are generally easy.

I've already got all offline trophies and 100%'ed the gallery. Currently working on completing all the trials. K's is the hardest from what I've seen so far.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, maybe not to bad. I'll prolly plat it. Most annoying is having to win 10 ranked in a row, which I got done very easily. Thing I'm worried about is people out in the boonies who can only get really bad connections. You literally cannot beat King with one second delay, you can't roll through, time a dash jump. Nothing.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I will be glad when I have completed all the challengers I need as some are tedious using characters I hate, not many left to go then I can actually start having fun with my team of choice :)

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I have 100 percent in gallery....however I have been stuck on 76 percent of that jigsaw since yesterday and need to know what needs doing to fill the rest ?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I have 100 percent in gallery....however I have been stuck on 76 percent of that jigsaw since yesterday and need to know what needs doing to fill the rest ?

Unlock trophies.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I have unlocked 30 trophies so far now and its on 80 percent. Will complete the rest of my time trials today though as only 6 left to do.

EDIT: Completed the time trial with 30 fighters...it has to be the regular 30 fighters though and not Ash, Billy or Saiki as I did it with Billy and Ash before the rest and it didnt count so I had to use that little shit Chin and Duo Lon.
Fastest time was 2:22 with Leona which is strange as I NEVER use her.
Got the trophy but it didnt unlock any more of the jigsaw.
now time to relax.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Found this Tier list on Gamefaqs:
S
K', Iori, Mature, Kyo

A+
Elizabeth, Kula, Maxima, Andy

A
Shen, Robert, Yuri, Takuma, Benimaru, Raiden, Ash

B
Daimon, King, Duo Lon, Ryo, Vice, Clark, Kim, Chin, Hwa, Mai, Leona, Kensou, Athena, Terry

C
Ralf, Joe

Agree or disagree?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
S
K', Iori, Mature, Kyo

A+

A

B
Daimon, King, Duo Lon, Ryo, Vice, Clark, Kim, Chin, Hwa, Mai, Leona, Kensou, Athena, Terry

C
Ralf, Joe

Agree or disagree?

Where is Billy?

Michael Yagami

Good point. I also don't see a differentiation between Iori and Iori w/flames. I did find this at Gamefaqs, so there's your problem.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
S
K', Iori, Mature, Kyo

A+

A

B

C
Ralf, Joe

Agree or disagree?

That list has to be from the arcade version. The Console version isn't quite the same.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Here is my list.

SUPER FUCK THAT JESUS H CHRIST, OMGWTFBBQ TIER

Saiki. Best character in the fkn game. His projectile is super safe if they dont have neo max or a super that eats it, you're toast. Thing is, you can't roll through it, he recovers so fast he can punish that.. Can't jump either, he can anti air super or standard anti, which is beyond good. He gets tons of damage off qcbD, hold D, bB, qcf x 2 B super...

Mai. God zoner, no execution required, she can be played in a way that makes recovery rolls useless. I feel she has the best punishment neo max in the entire game. If she has three meters, you are guaranteed to eat that neo max raw if your opponent pre buffers the motion for jumps. You have no chance.

SSSS++

K, Kula, King, Elisabeth Ash Billy

K for obvious reasons, Kula for her super option select fuck you up good. King is second in zoning to Kula, elisabeth due to easy meter payout, a stupid easy bnb that leads to reset super.
I can get tons of damage with very little meter with kula, so I put her very high due to this. IE, qcfA, qcbB>D, dpC, super cancel. I have a variety of ways to get that qcfA, and theres more that I'm gonna add to this. You can hit confirm with her sC, as to avoid recovery rolling through her by being to linear.
Ash is ridiculous at zoning. Billy is to. No idea he could link multiples of that same shit, will be in training with him.. Billy's neo max is way to good also. Super free damage..

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I'm in the hunt for a good PS3 arcade stick. Any recommendations?

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
Yep, Billy's the man!!!

I've already had quite a few people quit on me when my Billy starts beating them down.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
You ain't the only one. I'm not much of a Terry player but a few days ago I was using him and I found myself accidentially doing it but to no avail LOL. This was after I told my Terry playing friend to "deal with it" hahaha. I'm such a hypocrite.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I prefer the Rising Tackle by a long shot. Did he ever have both of them in one moveset?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I prefer the Rising Tackle by a long shot. Did he ever have both of them in one moveset?

I was going to post I prefer the Rising Tackle, but then I remembered he had both in CvS2.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I may need to turn in my man card, because I started messing around with Ash and love how he plays. I seriously can't get enough of the guy. Reminds me a lot like Guile. Anybody have any easy BnBs for the guy? Since charge times are so short in this game, I can immediately crouch, hit LP, LK, LP and immediately combo his flash kick from it. It's almost pointless to even have it as a charge move since it's so short.

Right now I'm trying to experiment with what to juggle after his EX b,f+k move. Sometimes I'll do another b,f+k and then super cancel it. The guy is fucking fun to play as.