What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Street Fighter III Third Strike on the Dreamcast, just can't put a good game down atm.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Street Fighter III Third Strike on the Dreamcast, just can't put a good game down atm.
You fucken brits. Beat 'em ups stands for Brawlers, you know final fight, D&D, stuff like that. I know you guys use the term to describe fighters which is dumb but so is the term beat 'em ups, too loosey goosey. Call it Brawlers, bad ass man call them Brawlers, Brawlers is where is at.

Take One

Dude: "Today I played a beat 'em up!"
Pal: "What the fuck is that supposed to mean you fucken fuck?"
Dude: "...aaarrrgggh..."

Take II

Dude: "Today I played a brawler!"
Pal: "Dude, you're awesome!"

Let the words do the work for you, don't settle for anything less, sound awesome!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Just picked up Double Dragon Neon from PSN Flash Sale.

Great game with an excellent vibe and soundtrack. I think i'm in for ride with this one.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Just picked up Double Dragon Neon from PSN Flash Sale.

Great game with an excellent vibe and soundtrack. I think i'm in for ride with this one.

I just picked that up on the last Steam sale. What it lacks in gameplay; it more than makes up for in humor and the great soundtrack.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Why do you say the gameplay is lacking?

It's not horrible by any means, but it just feels a kinda sluggish and unresponsive at times. Turtles in Time and RCR are my go to beat em ups; and Neon is in slow motion by comparison... the run button bothers me as well.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It's not horrible by any means, but it just feels a kinda sluggish and unresponsive at times. Turtles in Time and RCR are my go to beat em ups; and Neon is in slow motion by comparison... the run button bothers me as well.

oh yeah the run button bugs me. Tap forward forward was introduced in what like 1990 and has been a staple since at least Final Fight 3. Why the heck is there a run button in this day and age?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Decent vacation. Played Turtles in Time arcade cabinet in an arcade, played a match of TMNT and Turtles in Time on XBL, plus got to get my stepdaughter to play TMNT on my ghetto cabinet once she saw me playing the random dude online..

Ninja Baseball Bat Man's got my attention pretty hard right now.

Oh and Re: Neon, the run button allows for some really cool canceling of attacks that makes the game a lot more dynamic and interesting.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I've been playing a bit of Double Dragon II: The Revenge on PC Engine. DD fans seem to rave about this version, but I think the NES version it's based on is superior.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been playing a bit of Double Dragon II: The Revenge on PC Engine. DD fans seem to rave about this version, but I think the NES version it's based on is superior.

The Nes version is better, but the PCE version is different in a good way. The music is pretty solid too.

Was just playing River City Ransom.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Played some Taito legends 2 today. I think the games were called Arabian Warrior and Dungeon Magic. Also Elevator Action 2 is fucking dope. Where has this game been all my life.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Played some Taito legends 2 today. I think the games were called Arabian Warrior and Dungeon Magic. Also Elevator Action 2 is fucking dope. Where has this game been all my life.

Have you played Elevator Action Returns for the Saturn and the taito system 3? Fucking awesome!!!