What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I love Capcom's arcade beat 'em ups, recently i was playing Final Fight and captain commando on PS2 capcom classic collection.

I was also playing mutation on AES this week but i hope to get sengoku 2 soon...

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I have been playing Art of Fighting recently, it's a game I have always had on my shelf but I've never given it much attention. The more I put into it the more I enjoy it, it's actually pretty good for its age. I'm terrible at it though, so far I have only made it to round three.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Sorry, just realised I have put that in the wrong thread and I'm not allowed to edit my posts.

Could someone delete this for me please?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^It's ok, you're European...and beat'emups is a lame term anyway. Brawler peeps, brawler is where is at.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
This week i have been playing Marvel War of the Gems on Sfc and Gi.Joe: The Atlantis Factor on NES, two great beat'ems from Capcom.

Gi.Joe:The Atlantis Factor is NTSC USA exclusive and here in Spain almost nobody kowns this game, I kwen it when i was a kid and i love it¡¡¡, is one of the best Nes games ever made.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This week i have been playing Marvel War of the Gems on Sfc and Gi.Joe: The Atlantis Factor on NES, two great beat'ems from Capcom.

Gi.Joe:The Atlantis Factor is NTSC USA exclusive and here in Spain almost nobody kowns this game, I kwen it when i was a kid and i love it¡¡¡, is one of the best Nes games ever made.

Both games are excellent.

WOTG you could argue is borderline with Final Fight mechanics on a single plane.

But the Atlantis Factor a beat 'em up?

Are you for real or for fake?

EDIT: The Atlantis Factor is actually KID. Capcom published it.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Played some Warriors of Fate on Saturn last night.

First time playing it and made it almost to the last stage before running out of continues.

DeusVult

Another Striker
being playing AvP, getting to alien queen in 1 credit but iam struggling to get past her, also stage 3 is crap just seems out of place.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
being playing AvP, getting to alien queen in 1 credit but iam struggling to get past her

Who are you using?

With Predator Warrior you can super jump past her onto the left most crate.

Stand on top of it on the edge and spam your standard chain until she's dead.

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
I have been using the warrior, okay ill give it a try next time, I think I usually smash those crate as I think there is food/weapons there, cheers

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Joe and Mac. Emulated. Cause I can't find a copy for Genesis that's not fucked up. I don't know if it qualifies as a beat em up. But whatever. Also been playing a lot of TMNT Arcade. God I miss the late 80s.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I have been using the warrior, okay ill give it a try next time, I think I usually smash those crate as I think there is food/weapons there, cheers

Yeah, once you get the distance correct for the jump you won't need the food from the crate because theres only a 3% chance you'll take any damage during the queen fight.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Been playing Zombie Revenge on DC. Fucking game is harder than I expected. Pro-Tips anyone?

Who are you using?

With Predator Warrior you can super jump past her onto the left most crate.

Stand on top of it on the edge and spam your standard chain until she's dead.

Does this only work with the Warrior? If so, why?

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
Does this only work with the Warrior? If so, why?[/QUOTE]

I think the hunter can do a big leap also, not sure about the other 2 as I haven't played them much, but I guess you don't need to leap to get to the crates but you maybe take a hit or two getting there, I hopefully try it out tomorrow

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Tried to play CPS2 beatemups on Supercade no bites, Tried TMNT1989 (360) nope. Tried X-Men (360). Nada. Even had Turtles in Time going to no avail. Suprisingly someone was playing the Simpsons today. It's getting harder and harder to get people to play a good beatemup online nowadays.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Still playing Zombie Revenge, it's a pretty versatile beat-em-up. Improving quite a bit as the days go on.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Just beat Battletoads on the NES over the holiday.

This Week:

Final Fight (Arcade)

Rushing Beat Ran (SFC)

Knuckle Bash (Arcade)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm playing lately Golden Axe (for the BOTM), Final Fight in SNES, all the Streets of Rage and Sengoku 3. I am liking this one a lot, because of the combo system. Nice.

Regards.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've been playing Top Hunter recently - mostly because someone mentioned it in another thread and I wanted to give it another change. I can never quite get the specialy to work reliably though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been playing Top Hunter recently - mostly because someone mentioned it in another thread and I wanted to give it another change. I can never quite get the specialy to work reliably though.

wrong genre again ace.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I went to a local arcade on the weekend and they'd put Captain Commando in one of the cabs. I hadn't seen this there before so I assume it was a new addition.

Had a few plays on it and it was great fun, I can't believe I'd never played this before.