Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I would love to have an IDW sized Fort Max without paying third party prices. For those that don't read the comics, he's just a larger sized and badass regular bot, like Ultra Magnus or Grimlock and not a city sized behemoth.

Yeah, right now. But that's about to change in the IDW comics. FINALLY. In any case, the "character" of Fortress Maximus is the head, not the giant body he'll be driving around. So the actual character will still be Magnus or Grimlock-sized even after he becomes a citybot.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Here's the latest round of statues that I have NO room for :loco: :help:

Bombshells Lois Lane
71urAhK4AsL._SL1500_.jpg

Bombshells Batwoman
71U2XpVXqFL._SL1500_.jpg

Bombshells Catwoman
71bCfuSD0tL._SL1500_.jpg

Cover Girls Catwoman
71YYU5Ofy5L._SL1500_.jpg

Kotobukiya Black Canary (Not sure if I posted this one before or not)
41SgqwpQRAL.jpg

Kotobukiya Raven
41seIDbfLeL.jpg

Kotobukiya Marvel NOW ArtFX Emma Frost (The White Queen...in Black? :spock:)
41ssx9hl0GL.jpg

I also decided to grab Hal Jordan with the eventual goal of getting the classic JLA lineup in statue form
71kvvPLplFL._SL1500_.jpg

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Just got the recent Transformers masterpiece, MP-28 Hot Rod.

image.jpg

Here he is with the rest of my Autobot car MPs.

image.jpg

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Newest addition:

Lem6o5f.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I really, really shouldn't have, but I just pre-ordered this guy:

TAK12330.jpg

1466773168-lg31-fort-max-06.jpg

1466773168-lg31-fort-max-01.jpg

another 2 foot tall monster I don't have room for.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's glorious!

I'm not jumping into TFs this year like I did last year. But I might have to get that...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Anyone hrre collect really old antique toys? I have always found them a mix of fun, charming & creepy. I also love vintage Halloween holiday toys especially. :)

@M

20 Year Member
I need some help identifying a toy if anybody can: Who is the four-armed red dude in the bottom right corner of this photo? His foot has "TCP 1995" stamped on it and my best guess is something from Image comics, but I'm drawing a complete blank. I saw him in a thrift store and he looked cool, so, I snapped him up.

haul.jpg

I know the identity of all the other toys I bought in the photo: Trash Bag Bunch Sgt. Wastenot, Star Wars Galactic Heroes Super Battle Droid, Transformers Micromasters Road Hugger, and Transformers Cybertron Scattorshot.

@M

20 Year Member
Sweet, many thanks! My hunch about him being an Image character was right! I never even knew that they made Cyber Force toys, other than the Legendary Comic Book Heroes 6" Ripclaw (series 1) and Stryker (series 2) that Toy Biz put out and the Ripclaw McFarlane Toys made.

Here's a good link I just found with lots of photos of the Cyber Force assortment Buzzcut is from (as well as a Judge Dredd assortment I'd never seen before either):

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post846.html

The thrift store had the Ballistic toy too--thought about buying her, but didn't, as I didn't know who the hell she was either.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The wife took me to TF Con in Mississauga last weekend, and we were able to get MP Starscream and MP Soundwave (late to collecting TF figs), and I was able to track down a first run of Fanstoys Iron Dibots version of MP Slag, who looks very G1 cartoon accurate. I've set up a diorama with all the bots we have so far, a mix of first and third party (all MP scale), and my wife wants to take photos this weekend, so I'll post up some pics on Saturday.

@M

20 Year Member
@Karou: That company (Funko) did make an assortment of Big Trouble in Little China figures, in the same scale/style, too (Kurt Russell starred in both movies). This is probably the toy you're thinking of:

funko btlc.jpg

@aoiddr: The Matty service itself looks to be shutting down, but they also stated that they're switching the Masters of the Universe Classics, and similar products, over to Super7, so, it's not really going away, so to speak, just changing hands.

Last edited:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
All the action figures I have have to be visually appealing to me. Don't care how rare or expensive.. If I like how it looks I will do everything to get it. I can't see though why someone will buy this piece of crap Kurt Russell figure like the one above.. god almighty it looks like fukin shit.

@M

20 Year Member
Funko is trying to replicate the look of the vintage Kenner Star Wars figures with their ReAction line, that's why the sculpt/paint are relatively basic. That aesthetic doesn't appeal to everyone, and, like yourself, a lot of toy enthusiasts hate it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Cage never had enough hair for the doll to be him.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah not digging OP at all, especially with the weird shaped chest and feet.

I've yet to see a better one than the original Takara Masterpiece release.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I decided to get as much of my robots and kaiju's in one area. I need a little more space for everything I've gathered over the years.