I finished today...

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Yesterday I received two LS-30 Rotary Joysticks and started working on firmware to use them in Mame. It's not much to look at yet but here's my test rig:

View attachment 20922

wow. that's sick ! you could even embed that in the rotary switch compartment if it fits ;)

so did you code this in avr c ?

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
wow. that's sick ! you could even embed that in the rotary switch compartment if it fits ;)

so did you code this in avr c ?

Yes, just AVR C. There was no need for assembler optimizations. In fact, for Mame to catch the keyboard presses from the spinner an artificial delay was added since it was too fast otherwise. I may adjust the polling interval of the HID keyboard descriptor to 10ms as its currently set to 1ms along with the joystick. The joystick however can safely stay at that setting.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
unit # 00000002 ;)

15361081493_ee977fbac3_c.jpg

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I think you stole my idea ;) when I posted getting some blanks from you for my Smash TV. I'll look past that if you graciously allow me to purchase a copy of your Smash TV CPO to go with your blanks.

unit # 00000002 ;)

15361081493_ee977fbac3_c.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Pretty nifty, now just run it to a nice CRT :)

i used to-- to my pvm. but ditched all the large/heavy monitors when moving into a small apartment and went with the xrgb + hdtv. i think the trade off in terms of "mobility" was worth it, but of course doesn't feel quite the same.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
It looks really awesome :)
Exactly what it takes to play arcade racing game without a big dedicate cab, I love it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Skullz, that is seriously cool, if stores sold those I'd buy one in a second.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Egret 2 work wontinues! Throughly cleaned and then calibrated the coin acceptor. Got it working with Taito arcade tokens, pretty neat. Finally off of Free Play mode. :)

Also installed a new starter and tube for the marquee. While I was in there I wired up a molex style disconnect for the marquee light if I ever want to easily turn it off for a while.

HJdEnmjl.jpg

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Egret 2 work wontinues! Throughly cleaned and then calibrated the coin acceptor. Got it working with Taito arcade tokens, pretty neat. Finally off of Free Play mode. :)

Also installed a new starter and tube for the marquee. While I was in there I wired up a molex style disconnect for the marquee light if I ever want to easily turn it off for a while.

Nice, it's a lot more fun when you can have the tray of coins :)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Congrats it’s looking sweet, props for tate! Won’t lie, l am jelly. Egret2 was always the cab I dreamt of owning since my trip to tokyo in 2002.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
external tg-16/pc-engine scart adapter :) now I just need my tg-16 to show up so I can test it out :lolz:

16128561859_341fef2699_b.jpg

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Not as impressive as a lot of the things on here, but I finished the LCD mod on my Nomad today. Got it working the other day but was having the screen flicker issue. Bypassed the DC/DC step down on the LCD controller and now it's perfect. Next step: battery mod!

image.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Got my baseball panel hooked up. I ended up having to snag the analog splitter loom from giz10p, so after a long and anxious wait for that to arrive, I was very happy.

I wired a DPDT switch to AVCC and GND on the splitter loom, so I can just flick a switch to invert the polarity to switch it from baseball to monkey ball.

(crappy) video of it working:

Spoiler:
20150127_131549.jpg.jpg

shoutout to codecrank for documenting this here http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19595

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cool Skate! Monkey Ball is such a fun game. I might have to hit you up for some tips if I run into troubles on mine. :)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Not as impressive as a lot of the things on here, but I finished the LCD mod on my Nomad today. Got it working the other day but was having the screen flicker issue. Bypassed the DC/DC step down on the LCD controller and now it's perfect. Next step: battery mod!

cool !! the nomad rocks :) nice work

Got my baseball panel hooked up. I ended up having to snag the analog splitter loom from giz10p, so after a long and anxious wait for that to arrive, I was very happy.

I wired a DPDT switch to AVCC and GND on the splitter loom, so I can just flick a switch to invert the polarity to switch it from baseball to monkey ball.

yay !! have fun man !

Spoiler:
hate to burst your bubble ( XD ) , but I played it for a while till I got to the harder levels and it's impossible to play with that little joystick ... not precise enough , you need a longer shaft. no homo