Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Actually it was news of this neo geo x thing that made me read about neo geo again. The memories from childhood when I could only read faint rumors from my Nintendo magazine about this super mega console that nobody has... but when I got excited enough about it finally being possible to get a Neo Geo, of course I would not settle for this x thing, I had to go find a real MVS system! :)

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
some new information revealed today :

An article on Inside-Gaming confirmed a Japanese release for the Neo Geo X: it will launch there on December 6th, the same day as in North America and Europe. The Neo Geo X will run Linux on a 1GHz processor and 128MB RAM, with a 4.3-inch LCD at a 480 x 272 resolution (identical to the PlayStation Portable). On-board storage consists of 2GB flash memory, which is expandable with an 8GB SD card. A 3.7V, 2200mAh battery will power the unit; it is rated for up to six hours of gaming, and takes three hours to fully charge, likely through the micro-USB port. The Neo Geo X Station, a dock that connects the handheld to a TV, offers HDMI and composite video outputs.

The standalone unit will still come with 20 Neo Geo games pre-installed: 3 Count Bout, Alpha Mission 2, Art of Fighting 2, Baseball Stars 2, Cyber Lip, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury Special, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, League Bowling, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Mutation Nation, Nam-1975, Puzzled, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2, Super Sidekicks, The King of Fighters '95, and World Heroes Perfect.

According to Inside-Gaming, Japanese buyers will receive a bonus "Ninja Master Game Card"; the handheld's makers have not announced that offer or similar ones for other regions.

Many of those titles offered multiplayer gameplay, and the Neo Geo X will support it — but only when it is connected to a TV with the docking station. Player two will need to buy a second Neo Geo X Joystick separately, at an as-yet unknown additional cost. The Neo Geo X will be distributed in North America by Tommo, and in Europe by Blaze.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/11/3317268/neo-geo-x-handheld-standalone-price-specifications

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
LCD screen that's a different resolution than the games?

Boo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ninja Master game card? So the booster packs are all one game per card?

Surfsmurf

n00b
Also after looking at the pictures it seems that the device have to be docked upside down since there isn't a dock connector in the bottom. Doesn't matter in practice but will look funny.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
WTF! Neo Geo X ???

For the home and the go, with 20 pre-installed games, HDMI output, rechargeable batteries. Already for pre-order at gamestop...What The Hell!!

http://www.neogeox.com/

SSS

neo retired
holy shit! you're the first person, ever to make a thread about this!

THANKS!!!!!!1

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
but if you pre order you get a free game with it

That is kind of cool news and gives a hint how the games will work at least from the picture of it.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
OMG!!!!!! such news!!!! what a breaking story!!!!! AMAZ0RZ!!!!!!!1111!!!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Wow! This is amazing!!!! How long did they keep this under wraps!@?!?! :/

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
91okc.gif

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Gamestop has Ninja Masters as a free bonus with preorder. Do a search on gamestop and they actually have a pic of what the cute little Ninja Masters booster pack game card thing looks like. I gotta say, it looks really freaking cool, and makes me want to buy every one of them!

Kind of reminds me of the Nintendo e-Reader thing from years ago, but a lot cooler.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Gamestop has Ninja Masters as a free bonus with preorder. Do a search on gamestop and they actually have a pic of what the cute little Ninja Masters booster pack game card thing looks like. I gotta say, it looks really freaking cool, and makes me want to buy every one of them!

Kind of reminds me of the Nintendo e-Reader thing from years ago, but a lot cooler.

fuck yeah little cards!
104733.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
While I'd love to leave it for the new kids on the mod block to clean this up, I think I'll just merge this thread.

MERGERZORD POWERS ACTIVATED