Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Pre-ordered

Total to my door with one day shipping for Gold System, bonus game and extra stick was $300.00

Last edited:

AlecRob

Banned
It has physical media? They appear to be on SD cards! thats actually kind of neat. Its like adapting an existing format for use in a video game console, kind of like when the PC engine CD game out.

Anyway, physical games seals the deal for me. I'm definitely buying one.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I'm guessing it will be rooted within the first 48 hours of release.. it is linux based after all

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What the WHAT?!

104733.jpg

eSX5q.gif

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I knew I was sold already on this but fuck yeah. Pre-Order is done son.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I have zero interest in buying anything from GameStop. I'll wait for Shawn to get them in.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm dying to know what other game cards will be released. Maybe when Shawn is privy to that information he can/will share it here.

Neogeomaniac67

New Challenger
Has anyone seen the ones for presale on eBay? $428.00. And you get Ninja Masters with it. What a bargain. Better hurry, only 2 left and free EMS shipping.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
so should we contact snk-p or tommo for a group buy :)

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
It's most likely either a rendered image representation of a download code they will send you. Gamestop has been known to do that before (show a box and email you a code).

Or it will be a way for SNK/Playmore to get SDcards into the hands of buyers so they will have room for buying more roms. I highly doubt they plan on selling all the extra games like this.
A 20MB game on a 4GB SDCard is a little silly. They'd also have to sell them for $20 or so and that would be too much for a rom.

It would be tempting to buy them if they designed them properly.
Include a mini Neo-Geo AES style box with manual, but that's just the Neo fanboy in me. I need to remain logical on this! :P

I also think they should have included the game (SDCard) in the Gold set and have it either Baseball Stars Professional or Nam-1975 like the original in 1990.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Bet you ten to one there will be some serious collector faggots who will never open these.

I know of at least one... (raises hand) :drool_2:

seriously though... I'll probably buy 2 of each game...

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Or it will be a way for SNK/Playmore to get SDcards into the hands of buyers so they will have room for buying more roms. I highly doubt they plan on selling all the extra games like this.
A 20MB game on a 4GB SDCard is a little silly. They'd also have to sell them for $20 or so and that would be too much for a rom.

You're probably right about some of the games just being for download, the X has 2 gigs internal memory already, but I still remember when they made 256meg and 512meg SD cards, there's no reason to assume that these are 4gig cards. Also if this render is accurate, then that square missing from the side of the cart is where the copy protection switch is, meaning this card is stuck in read only mode and you cannot put content onto it. Just like you had to cover that hole in the bottom of a store bought VHS cassette with tape if you wanted to record over it.

I'm actually wondering if you'll be able to save ninja masters to the internal memory from the card, if a lot of these games do come out on cards I'm not gonna wanna carry them all that's for sure. Of course, as has been pointed out, it's Linux based so it won't be long after launch we'll be able to do anything we want with it lol.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow if that render is accurate that is awesome! Still looking forward to this.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I hope it is at least 25% as cool as I have to keep myself from trying to imagine it being. If thats the case then I'll be good still.

The more I look at this the more I want it and hope it's awesome, while at the same time the more I see says for this to just turn ugly.

On the up shot if someone hacks these to let us load or own stuff then that should make up for a lot of fail.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
When he cracked his knuckles before jumping into KoF, I was like, "Oh shit! Some stuff's about to go down!"

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Shit just got real...

But seriously. I'm glad to hear the stick is clicky, but does the screen look a little dark to anyone else? Maybe it's set low, or the camera doesn't pick up light very well. Who knows.
I hope there is a way to get the video to display in 4:3 also. Stretched is no good.

I was just thinking.. Where the hell is the Neo-Geo X in that first video? It only shows the dock.

Last edited: