Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
That blister pack is just a CG mock-up which was posted a while back. My hope is that when the time comes that Tommo actually considers making game chips, they will initiate a complete redo of the packaging. Why go through all of the time and energy to produce a virtual clone of the original AES (albeit a smaller one) only to kick us in the face with stupid blister packs? Tommo has a chance to cash in on this console if they do it right. We need to pressure them into making bona fide boxes for the games. Even the PR slave told us to submit our comments and suggestions to Tommo regarding the NGX. If we don't tell them what we want, then we'll just have to settle on blister shit.
Well if they plan on having such lame packaging like the mock they have been showing I'm going to have to find a way to create cases for them so I can store them next to my AES and NGP games. This is the mock I came up with
mock.jpg

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
+1 to cases, can't really see myself buying blisterpacks unless they're way cheap.

Also hope they restock preorders on amazon, have about $50 in amazon GC credit I was going to put towards it.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
What are you talking about? I preordered mine in the store and they expect to have it in for me to pick up on the 6th.
When I was on the site is said "No store pick-up"
If I knew I could have walked in and ordered it I would have.. No shipping cost.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well if they plan on having such lame packaging like the mock they have been showing I'm going to have to find a way to create cases for them so I can store them next to my AES and NGP games. This is the mock I came up with
mock.jpg
Nice work!! Lets see the SS2 mock-up next.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I was thinking about canceling my preorder and waiting to hear reviews about it but now I don't want to cancel just because this is now becoming a bigger event than I thought it would be and I want to be a part of it. I already canceled my WiiU order so I can afford the Neo Geo X.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was thinking about canceling my preorder and waiting to hear reviews about it but now I don't want to cancel just because this is now becoming a bigger event than I thought it would be and I want to be a part of it. I already canceled my WiiU order so I can afford the Neo Geo X.

I cancelled my pre order for the same reason. I would'nt get caught up in the hype.
If these sell well Im pretty sure they will stock more.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Tehcno, that mock-up looks fantastic. It would be humorous though to open a full DVD case only to see an itsy bitsy SD card in there lol. I like the idea of using the DS cases which would suit the size of the chips better. Though I don't know if SD cards would snap in place. I don't own a DS so I can't be sure. However I am sure someone in the community will come up with a perfect solution.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The packaging of Vita games are like that. Huge case housing a tiny card. No manual, either.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm itching for this release. Pre-ordered through Funstock!

Bring it on!

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I cancelled my pre order for the same reason. I would'nt get caught up in the hype.
If these sell well Im pretty sure they will stock more.
I'm also holding off on pre-ordering. Until I see one in person I won't even think about buying one. Too many unanswered questions..

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
:lolz: I actaually had a case and SD card sitting beside me when I opened the thread. The SD card is slightly smaller than the slot, but it wouldn't be hard to make a small piece of plastic to snap into the DS slot that would hold the SD card

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
:lolz: I actaually had a case and SD card sitting beside me when I opened the thread. The SD card is slightly smaller than the slot, but it wouldn't be hard to make a small piece of plastic to snap into the DS slot that would hold the SD card

I tried this last night too. I think if you have a slim fit SD Card snap lock case, then it will fit nicely within the cart grooves for a DS case.

I didn't have a "slim fit" SD Card case handy because the case I had nearby was a case that held a micro SD and SD adapter.

Got 2 of these NeoGeo X premiums and 2 extra joysticks on pre-order. One set through Amazon and another set with GameStop. Treating it like I did back when I was hardcore toy collecting. Gotta get 2 or more of each. One to use and one as a "spare" mint in box, haha. However, my Amazon set is coming for free...

Last edited:

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
i hope they released games on little boxes like neo geo pocket and they put double art cover. one side the original release japan version and the other side the official US release.
that could be perfect for a collectors.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I would like to see the cards packaged in a solid case and have nice art work and a manual, but thats going to bump the price up.
Still hoping they do inc a manual though.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its back on amazon again if someone is still interested in pre-ordering it.

cashmoney

Banned
Ok I see it has hdmi but I want to play it on a CRT tv.Dose it have composet video?Where are the stereo inputs for sound?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It has a jack for composite out, but it's like a headphone jack so it looks like it uses one of those camcorder video cables.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Its back on amazon again if someone is still interested in pre-ordering it.

Damn, I just ordered through Funstock for AUD $320.

At Amazon it comes to US $215.

So are these things locked to any sort of region (I don't know how it could be possible)?
I'm aware they're saying that for customers in this region, order from .... and for customers in this region, order from ...., but is there a difference where one orders it from?

I'm assuming also that they will all have the same power adapter?

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Jumped on the amazon preorder. I missed it the first time and hopefully it lives up to the hype.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
+1 for real cases, mini AES snap locks would be awesome. I've been saying this all along as I hate blister packs and feel the games deserve better.