Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
When the first photo emerged early this year, 90 percent of us including myself thought it was most probably fake but thought it would be cool if it was real, infact most were drooling, then when it was indeed real, plus the bonus of being able to play it through the TV, all of a sudden tons of people now say its shit lol

I cant wait till it arrives.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I'm sorry

You should be, you've already stated you don't want it and you think it's a POS so why the fuck do you keep coming back to this thread?

Also, I've got confirmation that the review unit is on the way so I should have it fairly soon.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Seconded.

It may be a complete flop of a unit, but it may also be extremely well manufactured and a great representation and feel of early 90's NGH.

Haters gonna hate, but we who have one on pre-order don't care about your opinion.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Also, I've got confirmation that the review unit is on the way so I should have it fairly soon.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear some real impressions of the thing, and not just some PR guys going OMG NEO GEO METAL SLUG ORIGINAL PARTS!!!

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
When the first photo emerged early this year, 90 percent of us including myself thought it was most probably fake but thought it would be cool if it was real, infact most were drooling, then when it was indeed real, plus the bonus of being able to play it through the TV, all of a sudden tons of people now say its shit lol

Me either! Funny shit man! Yeah, I had people on here telling me this and that pic is fake, blah, blah...You would think more peeps would be excited when they found out it was being released, but unhappy peeps are unhappy peeps no matter. Looking forward to getting mine.

Cheers!

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy

I can't wait to finally get an actual Fu_ _ing review on this thing from someone other than pr dude. Looking forward to the review. Thanks for the update!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
A friend of mine got to play with the handheld. He stated that the buttons were responsive, the unit felt sturdy and the emulation seemed good.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You should be, you've already stated you don't want it and you think it's a POS so why the fuck do you keep coming back to this thread?

I stated that I won't buy it until there are some real reviews from people I trust with a particular emphasis on build quality and durability/reliability. It's funny that your reaction to anyone sharing skepticism and trying to make sure factual and honest information about the system is out there is to insist that they shouldn't post here. If you're so confident in your opinion of a device you still haven't physically played with, why do you need a review unit and why do you even need to post here? Just wait for your order to arrive and everything will be rainbows and lollipops.

Frankly, I thought Neo Geo Ninja's post was excellent and I agree with his points. Of course, just a couple of pages later and people are back here speculating and creating all sorts of false hope and expectations making claims like SNK is really building this thing or has a room full of programmers waiting to make new games or this thing is a blockbuster seller that is sold out or if you buy it from Amazon or were an early pre-order, you're going to get your unit two weeks earlier than everyone else when Tommo already stated the new release date is the 18th, etc...

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I stated that I won't buy it until there are some real reviews from people I trust with a particular emphasis on build quality and durability/reliability. It's funny that your reaction to anyone sharing skepticism and trying to make sure factual and honest information about the system is out there is to insist that they shouldn't post here. If you're so confident in your opinion of a device you still haven't physically played with, why do you need a review unit and why do you even need to post here? Just wait for your order to arrive and everything will be rainbows and lollipops.

Frankly, I thought Neo Geo Ninja's post was excellent and I agree with his points. Of course, just a couple of pages later and people are back here speculating and creating all sorts of false hope and expectations making claims like SNK is really building this thing or has a room full of programmers waiting to make new games or this thing is a blockbuster seller that is sold out or if you buy it from Amazon or were an early pre-order, you're going to get your unit two weeks earlier than everyone else when Tommo already stated the new release date is the 18th, etc...

Hey Captain Obvious, most of us haven't been excited about a system release in MANY years...let us dreamers dream there buddy...

Fans of SNK hyping a SNK branded handheld on a Neo Geo forum...sheesh...what the he'll were we thinking...

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Seconded.

It may be a complete flop of a unit, but it may also be extremely well manufactured and a great representation and feel of early 90's NGH.

Haters gonna hate, but we who have one on pre-order don't care about your opinion.

^This. Can't wait for mine to arrive, just pre ordered at Gamestop about an hour ago. Also got to play the Wii U for the first time, can't wait for Rayman Legends to come out in March! :D

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
How ya been? Glad to see you're getting one also!

I've been good. I couldn't pass this up, I've been waiting for a decent way to play the neo-geo when I'm not home. Hopefully this thing does the brand justice.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
No kidding. I'm hopeful that it is as solid as it looks and maintains the feel of a NGPC. Looks great for on the go or when I don't feel like sitting in a cold garage playing on a cab.

slerch666

updyke,
I'm sorry, but you guys are back to applying wishful thinking and dreams to this thing. Blaze doesn't manufacture the crappy handhelds they sell under Sega and other branding either. Just like this device, they partner with other distributors and go to a Chinese based design and manufacturing entity and contract to have the devices designed and manufactured. This is a partnership between Tommo and Blaze and SNK's only involvement has been to license their IP to the two companies. All the proof you need is on the Neo Geo X website and in the press releases Tommo and Blaze have sent out. The only reason you are seeing less of Blaze is that you are looking at US and Canadian media and Tommo is handling distribution in those territories.

I guess the hope here is that Tommo facilitated the design component, but yeah, it's probably because I'm in the US that I don't hear our good friends from Blaze mentioned, as another member recommended.

Fuck it though, I'm still excited either way. If it's shit, fuck it, I'll sell it on eBay.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Captain Obvious, most of us haven't been excited about a system release in MANY years...let us dreamers dream there buddy...

Fans of SNK hyping a SNK branded handheld on a Neo Geo forum...sheesh...what the he'll were we thinking...

Haha, no shit, right? I'm not one to harp on post counts or join dates, but this bojay guy has posted 62 times since 2001. Not sure if he even gives two shits about the Neo. I'll tell you what, bojay, I'm in LA too. Right downtown, about two blocks from Staples Center. When the thing releases, shoot me a PM and come over and play it for yourself. Then you can come back to this thread and pick up a few more posts.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza

Me either. Can't wait for it to get here. This thread is incredible in the ebbs and flows. The beginning, like you said, people though it was a fake. Then when it was confirmed true, it became "Ok, but you fools are still going to pay $200 for a rombox...a rombox!"...Then the turning point for the positive I think was when the packaging was revealed and it looked just like the AES console packaging. Then it became "I have to have this." Went on when potential new games might be released on SD cards. Now it's back and forth day after day with positive and negative, for and against Neo Geo X.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Haha, no shit, right? I'm not one to harp on post counts or join dates, but this bojay guy has posted 62 times since 2001. Not sure if he even gives two shits about the Neo. I'll tell you what, bojay, I'm in LA too. Right downtown, about two blocks from Staples Center. When the thing releases, shoot me a PM and come over and play it for yourself. Then you can come back to this thread and pick up a few more posts.

Actually, I'm a huge Neo Geo fan and I own an AES, several CD units, an MVS, an NGP, an NGPC and even a Neo 64 arcade kit, as well as a library of games for each one. My only issue with this whole thing has been the false hope and wishful thinking people here and elsewhere have applied to it. This is a news and rumor subforum but instead people have used this thread for unabashed fanboyism and completely unfounded speculation on a product that is only connected to SNK by a licensing agreement. It could be a good product and it could be not good. None of us knows yet and all I am suggesting is that everyone wait patiently to see what it turns out to be before going off the handle and advocating for it.

By the way, Amazon sent out a delay of release date e-mail this morning until 12/18. Target and Best Buy have preorders open again if anyone is looking -

http://www.target.com/p/neogeo-x-gol...o/-/A-14310320

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tommo+-...107.p?id=1218828124364&skuId=7062107&st=tommo neo&cp=1&lp=3

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
You do realize that the hope for many is that if this is successful, more companies might hop on the bandwagon and NEW SNK products may get released / developed.

Hype is what makes shit like this successful and it sure ain't coming from Tomo, Blaze, or SNK so it might as well come from us fans.

Throwing shit balls at the parade float sure isn't going to help the parade move any faster there buddy...

Last edited:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
All I know is I can't wait till we get some legit unbiased fan based reviews with direct comparisons to the legit hardware. That's what's been killing me to not see anywhere this close to release...

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Top Players Golf and Riding Hero can lick my nads, otherwise a solid list.