Konami Windy Club

hey stealthlurker, I just noticed your pony 4 has a marquee. When I restored one awhile back no one I knew had seen an original pony 4 marquee including francoB who is the go to guy for marquee reproduction. Im wondering if maybe you would send him a few pics and measurements so he could maybe make them for other windy 4 owners in the future. :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@ vb: what did you use in lieu of alcohol to clean up your marquee?

Ive never had a problem with rubbing alcohol on a marquee till the windy. Im guessing its a different type of plastic than most marquees since its molded. Anyways I would stick with warm water and dish soap.

You may want to try novus plastic polish on any rough spots. I have that fucked up marquee and a bottle of novus if you want me to test for ill effects...

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice Windy VBA, glad you were able to get it back. That balltop on the riverservice panel is really magical stuff :lolz:
Original CP looks sharp with all blues!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
my windy is also lacking the volume pot. would love pics of this!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ok dudes its time I posted in this thread as there are a few things my windy needs. So loegan43 actually bought this cab, it was from another neo member who I believe had passed away many years ago, I dont really remember the details other than loegan43 got it for a pretty good price with a pile of nice pcb's. It came locked with no keys. loegan let it sit in his garage for 6 months or so and I started harassing him about never getting around to drilling out the locks or testing it out and he just offered it to me. I made him a nice high offer at the time and took it home. This is the second cab I completely disassembled down to the last bolt cleaned and reassembled. Instantly I fell in love the the design of the construction, after all these years it is still one of my favorite cabs to work on.

So move on a few years I sold this to a very close friend who was looking for a cab. I believe i wanted the money to grab another Egret 2. I always regretted selling the cab and that friend would often shove it in my face. So earlier this year I moved across the country, loaded up all my possessions in a 8x16 trailer and drove from Cali to Kentucky. As I started loading the cabs I planned on bringing here with me onto the trailer my friend who owned this cab said "man before you go would you like to buy your windy back?" I jumped at the chance, took it with me and really feel content with it back in the lineup.

The OG paint on it is in really nice condition other then the typical windy yellowing in a few spots. The original chassis had a cracked neck board which I have heard is common to these cabs. Anyway I put rebuilt MS9 in there. The tube was scuffed very badly so this cab has the anti glare coating polished off with the tube polished out, I dont regret it at all, never noticed it being a problem and would do it again to a tube in the same condition. This cab came without the marquee and it took a journey of 3 years and 3 marquee purchases to get the one you see now. Pro tip on these marquees by the way. Never touch them with alcohol to clean them, they will crack up and fall apart... This panel setup is temporary, I still have the original one too.

So Ive had the cab back about 6 months and am just now contemplating what it needs. First it needs cp locks and tangs, which I may just own, I have a big bag of original cp tangs and mechs I just cant remember what the setup looks like I probably disassembled it 5 years ago when I first owned the cab. Can someone here post some detailed pics of their cp lock mechanisms for me please?

The other thing it needs is a volume knob/potentiometer. I know some windys came with this and some did not. Im hoping someone out there with the stock audio potentiometer setup can take me a nice pic of how its mounted in the cab? Ive added them to cabs before but want to see the stock setup.

Thanks guys!

Not sure if it would help, (as they are different cabs) but I can take a pic of my Windy II PSU/amp/volume pot array.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
8uby8yzu.jpg

Locks are *not* OEM regular 19mm barrel jawns, that I could send you a couple of...if there are still some in my stash. I'll look. You need shorties...the garden variety 'Sega Lock (aero or blast) is too long to work on the cp surround.
5udage9u.jpg

View from below.
6e9yhana.jpg

Tang *is* OEM...I sent my extras to T_C_O & WW last year...these are tough to find. My cab had extras in the coin bucket, by dumb luck.
ygede5ej.jpg

Volume pot is top left; only circular object that is not red. ;^)
dyqe2uty.jpg

Hope this helps!

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Ok dudes its time I posted in this thread as there are a few things my windy needs. So loegan43 actually bought this cab, it was from another neo member who I believe had passed away many years ago, I dont really remember the details other than loegan43 got it for a pretty good price with a pile of nice pcb's. It came locked with no keys. loegan let it sit in his garage for 6 months or so and I started harassing him about never getting around to drilling out the locks or testing it out and he just offered it to me. I made him a nice high offer at the time and took it home. This is the second cab I completely disassembled down to the last bolt cleaned and reassembled. Instantly I fell in love the the design of the construction, after all these years it is still one of my favorite cabs to work on.

So move on a few years I sold this to a very close friend who was looking for a cab. I believe i wanted the money to grab another Egret 2. I always regretted selling the cab and that friend would often shove it in my face. So earlier this year I moved across the country, loaded up all my possessions in a 8x16 trailer and drove from Cali to Kentucky. As I started loading the cabs I planned on bringing here with me onto the trailer my friend who owned this cab said "man before you go would you like to buy your windy back?" I jumped at the chance, took it with me and really feel content with it back in the lineup.

The OG paint on it is in really nice condition other then the typical windy yellowing in a few spots. The original chassis had a cracked neck board which I have heard is common to these cabs. Anyway I put rebuilt MS9 in there. The tube was scuffed very badly so this cab has the anti glare coating polished off with the tube polished out, I dont regret it at all, never noticed it being a problem and would do it again to a tube in the same condition. This cab came without the marquee and it took a journey of 3 years and 3 marquee purchases to get the one you see now. Pro tip on these marquees by the way. Never touch them with alcohol to clean them, they will crack up and fall apart... This panel setup is temporary, I still have the original one too.

So Ive had the cab back about 6 months and am just now contemplating what it needs. First it needs cp locks and tangs, which I may just own, I have a big bag of original cp tangs and mechs I just cant remember what the setup looks like I probably disassembled it 5 years ago when I first owned the cab. Can someone here post some detailed pics of their cp lock mechanisms for me please?

The other thing it needs is a volume knob/potentiometer. I know some windys came with this and some did not. Im hoping someone out there with the stock audio potentiometer setup can take me a nice pic of how its mounted in the cab? Ive added them to cabs before but want to see the stock setup.

Thanks guys!

Do you know who it was that passed away? I traded my Windy back in 2008 to someone in Sacramento for a Blast City, which I believe 300wins ended up owning. After an Astro, Windy, Blast...I ended up with a pretty nice Impress, so I can't complain.

Nice cabinet.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Picked up my first ever arcade machines, no idea what i've gotten myself into haha!

r98w.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Congrats! Nothing beats twins :cool: :cool:
Any particular games you plan on putting in them?

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
They've got 48 in 1 multiboards in them at the moment, gunna whip those out and MAME them for the time being. Bit frowned on I know but i'm tapped out for awhile since purchasing these and the missus wants Fantasy Zone on there ASAP.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
They've got 48 in 1 multiboards in them at the moment, gunna whip those out and MAME them for the time being. Bit frowned on I know but i'm tapped out for awhile since purchasing these and the missus wants Fantasy Zone on there ASAP.

Did they come w/ JVS/JAMMA converters? They look in great shape. Congrats!

Loving those Winning 11 panels.

Last edited:

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
No idea man, can't get into the cabs. Seller didn't have any keys, so I guess options are try and get in through the back or drill the locks.

Been giving them a good scrub and yeah they've come up quite nicely, having a little trouble with some of the cigarette burns though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
No idea man, can't get into the cabs. Seller didn't have any keys, so I guess options are try and get in through the back or drill the locks.

Been giving them a good scrub and yeah they've come up quite nicely, having a little trouble with some of the cigarette burns though.

I had the same trouble w/ cig burns. Unfortunately on mine, even using multiple soft passes w/ a gentle degreaser (instead of strong-arm scrubbing them out) the sparkle top coat of the finish was removed.

Wish I could find some touch up paint to match. :^(

Drilling the locks is easy, they are made of soft brass and just take a few minutes to drill through. Finding some cheap generic locks that will work is easy enough, but dont expect to find stock replacements.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Regarding VBA's Windy. It wasn't a neo member that passed away, it was the craigslist seller's brother who had bought it from a member here (Shpoo I believe). The seller was selling his brother's arcade game collection. He had a large collection of neo carts and a couple other cabs, but sadly I didn't have the cash on me and the place was way out in the sticks. :(

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thamiel, congrats on the Windy IIs! They look great together.

Also, nice Portal flyer. :buttrock:

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks man, from some shows we played with them a few years back.

None of you guys have a spare key for a N5000 lock do you? Drilled one out and have no real desire to do it 9 more times...

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
can someone check if the windy casters and feet are the same as some other more common cab, like a blast city? been trying to cross reference them.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
can someone check if the windy casters and feet are the same as some other more common cab, like a blast city? been trying to cross reference them.

I only have two cabs, and the one that isn't a Windy II, doesn't have casters (Aero City). I can take a pic/measurement of my Casters, and see if any Blast peeps on my contact list can compare them.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Xposting from the Blast Club thread, to make sure Windy/II people see this. I hope it never happens to you; however, if it does-let's share & solve it here!
I'm putting these pics/story here, because this is the most active spot for monitor/chassis/cab gurus.

I'm running one of these:
7uvyrysa.jpg

in my Windy II.

Two days ago, the monitor went in 'double vision' mode (rolling picture, w/ image doubled), and shut off. Upon power cycling the cab-screen is solid black.

Today, it powers on/works as normal...for now. This thing has never worked more than a few weeks in a row, since it met Roger. 0_o

I've noticed these traces of goo around the cab...some in front:
3ygavu3a.jpg

...some in the rear:
abysanah.jpg

(That 'stripe' down the middle of the neck/c-rings is a stain, like cola was spilled on it).

Here is a 3 shot sequence of the cab 1) running, 2) a 'smudge' shot close up, to try and illustrate the moisture/goo, and 3) an extreme close up of the liquid (pre gooing) in the bottom seam of the monitor.
7ejegy9y.jpg

6u2ehave.jpg

utygu6y6.jpg

Liquid+electricity make me scare.

Halp!!