Post Your Recent Purchases!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
New 25th anniversary Mega Man game, art, soundtrack, wallpapers, comics, fan art book and complete works book on this USB drive. Also finally got my OUYA... Even though I've been playing with my coworkers OUYA for the past 2 weeks lol

179964_608492339164068_1649455551_n_zps7cb7dc7d.jpg

182238_608492352497400_613750544_n_zps5dbd7262.jpg

Beelay

New Challenger
tumblr_mmojf5q72Q1qbglk1o1_1280.jpg

Here's the mail I got from Yahoo! Auctions recently!
Sorry about the crappy cellphone picture, heh.

This is:
An AV Modded Famicom
Sweet Home (complete)
Kirby's Adventure (complete)
F1 Race (cart, was a freebie from the seller)
AES Controller (Now I have two for my CMVS!)
Magical Drop 3 (with promo art)
Metal Slug 3 (with promo art)
Money Idol Exchanger

I got them all for great prices. I'm pretty darn happy!

Last edited:

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
New 25th anniversary Mega Man game, art, soundtrack, wallpapers, comics, fan art book and complete works book on this USB drive. Also finally got my OUYA... Even though I've been playing with my coworkers OUYA for the past 2 weeks lol
At least you got your OUYA. I was backer 100 something and still nothing for me.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
At least you got your OUYA. I was backer 100 something and still nothing for me.

Yeah I'm around 1800 I think and I still don't have one.

Apparently they hate everyone that bought extra controllers for it and they don't care about the order of registration to distribute these things...

Such a shamble this is turning out to be.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Yeah I'm around 1800 I think and I still don't have one.

Apparently they hate everyone that bought extra controllers for it and they don't care about the order of registration to distribute these things...

Such a shamble this is turning out to be.

Yeah I hate when things like that happen. Similar to the fiasco with the Wizard's Edition Ni No Kuni.

I ordered waaaaaay before my coworker and he got it before me. I noticed his system needed an update right out of the box. Mine was up to date.

Dead Trigger is pretty neat on the thing. However couldn't get an apk of Ikaruga to work. It was the first game I tried. There's also this bomb arena game that's hilarious. Emulators seem pretty good. I also like how USB pads/sticks, mice, keyboards just work on it. Same with USB sticks and drives. Don't have to go through all sorts of hoops like in iOS.

Also sideloaded XBMC and beta VLC on it. Video playback is still a bit choppy on it. They gotta work out those kinks.

Although I've got an Android tablet, I mostly use my iOS devices. So I'm not too up to speed on the droid world. Overall it's a neat little toy IMHO.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave

179964_608492339164068_1649455551_n_zps7cb7dc7d.jpg

182238_608492352497400_613750544_n_zps5dbd7262.jpg

megaman thingies and Ouya joystick, pretty cool stuff man :D

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Oh snap this guy got the Occulus Rift VR i really hope that thing takes off i been waiting on VR video games sense the late 90's

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
No, but one of the engineers from our site in LA came down to our offices today. He happened to buy 2 of these dev units for something he had planned. Ended up not having the time/energy to do it so he sold me his other one.

So far the demos are pretty cool. The one that wow'ed me the most is one where you can walk on a ledge and look around. I'm afraid of heights and it actually made me nervous, haha. Also the early virtual boy emulator is pretty neat.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I know you all here are into the Sony PVMs, but I got something a bit different. It's a 9" JVC broadcast monitor. Looks gorgeous in person (the pics don't do the picture's justice). Combined with KoF 99's beautiful backgrounds, I'm just absolutely stunned. I got it in amazing condition, and the screen has no scratches on it or burn in. It's amazing looking to be honest :)

photo13qj.jpg

photo23es.jpg

photo33nq.jpg

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
This I picked up last week (sanwa stick, PI2 and MArtial Masters)
just.jpg

Funny story is, I actually had never played PI2 until now, I got it in a local market for just 30usd and since I didn't have any shmup (I suck at those games really bad) but I liked the graphics I took my chances there, I ended up liking it a lot. It really doesn't feel like an "impossiburu-asian" shmup :)

And I received this one today from The_Pope!
NGPC.jpg

Top notch thingies!!! I can't bring myself to take this out of the blister!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This I picked up last week (sanwa stick, PI2 and MArtial Masters)
just.jpg

Funny story is, I actually had never played PI2 until now, I got it in a local market for just 30usd and since I didn't have any shmup (I suck at those games really bad) but I liked the graphics I took my chances there, I ended up liking it a lot. It really doesn't feel like an "impossiburu-asian" shmup :)

And I received this one today from The_Pope!
NGPC.jpg

Top notch thingies!!! I can't bring myself to take this out of the blister!

You got a steal on that PI2 my friend, as long as it not a boot. And you need to break out the NGP thingie. Looks easy to use.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Wow totally didn't know there was a Power Drive game on the western SNES. I totally love Power Drive Rally on the Jaguar. Probably my favorite game on the system (not saying much, haha... but it's a great game regardless).

Also, sweet set of Castlevania!

Sunsoft

Zero's Secretary
Wow totally didn't know there was a Power Drive game on the western SNES. I totally love Power Drive Rally on the Jaguar. Probably my favorite game on the system (not saying much, haha... but it's a great game regardless).

Also, sweet set of Castlevania!

I do have the game on the jaguar, such improvement in graphics! The console doesn't seem to get much love, but I do love playing tempest aswell I love the soundtrack, and thanks

Sunsoft

Zero's Secretary
Why 3 copies of Power Drive?

Was trying to find a decent condition copy in the last few weeks, one had squashing quite bad on the top and the other had a rip on the back, the middle is a decent one for my collection so I will most likely sell the others at some point :)

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Here's a little something that I recently scored on for my personal Little Neo Geo world at home ...

Tehtriggerman

Quiz Detective
After almost a year in search of a like new marquee for my Big Red my search ends. Its also the last of my projects on it. I may replace the stock speakers if i get itchy for tinkering. But, shes restored.

2rhr5ub.jpg

And slowly building my Mega Drive collection this is my latest score. Im still waiting for it in the mail.

!BVFU!ugB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl)s+(BKQs3GZdR!~~_35.JPG

Last edited:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Just a few recent purchases for the supergun MVS setup I am slowly putting together:

Finally got a Neo Geo CD pad for the supergun, also a supposedly good quality SCART RGB cable - in due course will test it with the bog standard one that is also in the picture probably to find out that there isn't any difference except for the price :)
The DVB-T tuner / media player will come in handy for that old Sony CRT I already posted here when between some Neo Geo games there comes the need to e.g. watch a few adult movies :mr_t:

Waiting for the MVS motherboard at present...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Picked up a couple things yesterday and today.

20130518_112032.jpg

Two Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD UPS's. One for my computer and the other for the GF's machine.

20130518_113500.jpg

One pound of Kester 44 Rosin Core 63/37 solder .031 Diameter and a solder spool for it. For you guys that buy your solder from Radio Shack, Kester is worlds better in quality, and if you solder a lot like I do, it's hella cheaper to buy it by a 1 pound spool. This is NOT that lead free shit. Good 'ole tin and leaded solder. Parts Express part number
370-074

20130518_114708.jpg

Dayton Audio DTA-100a 50watts/channel Class T amp. Replaces a lower power DTA-1 amp. Very nice all metal enclosure with a helluva external power supply. 24v @ 5amps!
Tons of clean power. Have it attached to a set of Sony SS-B1000 bookshelf speakers for my retro setup. Might replace the bookshelf speakers with something different later on, but I can highly recommend them as they are
a great value.

20130518_114718.jpg

End of desk shot showing how its all setup.

20130518_112050.jpg

Breakfast!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Psycho-Nics Oscar

Attachments

• 20130518_190402.jpg
    20130518_190402.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 173