Post Your Recent Purchases!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
1UiwjZT.jpg

Wheeee. Time to do some homework and learn about the RGB mod for this.

Wow, that's one super white machine.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I see the QWERTZ keyboard so I assume German PAL machine?
That's right. I also just bought an IDE to CF adapter so hopefully I'll get it set up for WHDLoad soon. Right now I'm using an SD Floppy Emulator with it but it's kind of ugly with the floppy cables coming off the side.

nice A600. love the small form factor. Im jelly
Yeah I was kinda surprised to see how small it actually is, it's roughly the same size as the AES. I got it to replace my A500 which is an absolutely gigantic machine and hence a pain to set up.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That's right. I also just bought an IDE to CF adapter so hopefully I'll get it set up for WHDLoad soon. Right now I'm using an SD Floppy Emulator with it but it's kind of ugly with the floppy cables coming off the side.

I hope you are going to use an accelerator with it or at least a fastram addon board cause otherwise whdload ain't gonna work.

If not, a better choice would be using either a internally installed HxC floppy emulator (like the slim model) or a flashed Gotek unit.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've owned 3 AES and 2 different CMVS systems in the past, but never one of these:

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Can't wait to get this one in the mail!!!

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Wow, that's one super white machine.

Heh heh, it didn't arrive that way. It was really dirty and smelled kind of funny. I immediately took it apart and cleaned all the plastic in the kitchen sink with formula 409, dishwashing detergent, and a brush. I was happy to find that underneath all that dirt, the actual yellowing of the plastic itself wasn't so bad.

Here's the before pic lol

Phaenos

n00b
First time posting here and thought I would introduce myself. I've wanted a real-deal Neo-Geo arcade cabinet of my own since I was a kid, after spending countless hours and quarters at my local arcade. Now years later, I actually have the finances (and the space) to have actually made that happen! Here's my new (Old New ;) 4-slot MVS cabinet:

image.jpeg

Condition is amazing, the lamps for the marquees work, the buttons and the joysticks are new and as far as I know, still has the original 25in. monitor. Plays great! I only have two carts, currently - the 161-in-1 and Shock Troopers. Will be looking to fill those other two slots very soon and then expand my library from there. the 161 has been great for experiencing many of the games I never got to play earlier in life. There are quite a few I'm looking forward to getting the standalone carts for. Researching everything I needed to know to make this purchase is actually how I found this community. Some information I've found here so far has been invaluable, and I hope I help contribute in the future. Anyhow, I'm just really excited about the new toy and wanted to show it off and say Hi.

So Hi!

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
First time posting here and thought I would introduce myself. I've wanted a real-deal Neo-Geo arcade cabinet of my own since I was a kid, after spending countless hours and quarters at my local arcade. Now years later, I actually have the finances (and the space) to have actually made that happen! Here's my new (Old New ;) 4-slot MVS cabinet:

View attachment 14997

Condition is amazing, the lamps for the marquees work, the buttons and the joysticks are new and as far as I know, still has the original 25in. monitor. Plays great! I only have two carts, currently - the 161-in-1 and Shock Troopers. Will be looking to fill those other two slots very soon and then expand my library from there. the 161 has been great for experiencing many of the games I never got to play earlier in life. There are quite a few I'm looking forward to getting the standalone carts for. Researching everything I needed to know to make this purchase is actually how I found this community. Some information I've found here so far has been invaluable, and I hope I help contribute in the future. Anyhow, I'm just really excited about the new toy and wanted to show it off and say Hi.

So Hi!

Well done and welcome! It's a beauty ;)

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

So Hi!

That's a pretty great looking cab there dude. Really any wooden box would do but you found one in exceptional quality. Congrats!

Phaenos

n00b
Well done and welcome! It's a beauty ;)

Thanks!

That's a pretty great looking cab there dude. Really any wooden box would do but you found one in exceptional quality. Congrats!

Thanks! I saw images of it before buying it, but I was completely floored by its condition when I saw it in person for the first time. Only had to drive 1000 miles to pick it up, haha.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
just arrived this morning...

pcengine1_zpse8d4c73b.jpg

little rough in spots but its been completely recapped and svideo modded (yeah i went svideo and not rgb... i'm probably an idiot but meh)

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

View attachment 14997

So Hi!

Nice find dude , let me know when you want to get rid of it. I'll be more than happy to be the next owner of that big red:mr_t:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
WP_20140606_001.jpg

Got a NGPC from the bay - very nice condition, still waiting for my KOF R-2 to arrive and keeping my eyes open for the golf cart :)

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Gentleman, I present to you quite possibly the largest contributing factor to me not owning a Blast City yet.

The Makerbot.

photo_4.JPG

The world is officially my small plastic oyster. Planning on making a thread to gather some ideas for 3D printed arcade parts, paraphernalia, and just cool stuff. Then I could test them and make them available to the community. This is gonna be sweet.

Last night I printed a squirtle.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
THIS IS THAT SQUIRTLE

photo_5.JPG

Just a low poly model I downloaded off the net, took about 45 minutes to print at 200micron resolution, used pennies worth of plastic, and it's pretty sweet!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What's the max resolution on that printer, 100 microns?

Sadly 200 is the max resolution on this one out of the box, but it uses the same extruder as the full size Replicator which has a 100 micron maximum, so it's highly likely it can be modded to print 100 microns. When they talk about it they even use that verbiage "Max resolution out of the box." Most likely they limited it at 200 because the build plate assembly is different than the full size and wouldn't be as reliable at 100 microns, and also because it's supposed to be a more consumer focussed model.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
just arrived this morning...

pcengine1_zpse8d4c73b.jpg

little rough in spots but its been completely recapped and svideo modded (yeah i went svideo and not rgb... i'm probably an idiot but meh)

Nothing wrong with s-video.