Post Your Recent Purchases!

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi Bill, not 100% sure think the green ones may have been replaced with white. There is a spare set of black suzo sticks and spare buttons too so not 100%. Even has original owners manuals. The cabinet is unmarked and bar a couple of tiny cracks on ctrl panel is mint. Unfortunately the 4 slot is stuck in hardware test mode. Not investigated fully yet. Tried a multiboard in the cab and it's working fine. Hopefully its dirty slots rather than battery leakage :(

Last edited:

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I never understood why they went with that weird trapezoid button layout on the LAI lowboys. All the LAI cabs I played on had the more traditional layout.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hi Bill, not 100% sure think the green ones may have been replaced with white. There is a spare set of black suzo sticks and spare buttons too so not 100%. Even has original owners manuals. The cabinet is unmarked and bar a couple of tiny cracks on ctrl panel is mint. Unfortunately the 4 slot is stuck in hardware test mode. Not investigated fully yet. Tried a multiboard in the cab and it's working fine. Hopefully its dirty slots rather than battery leakage :(

These cabs came with MCA joysticks and those concave buttons. They look to be original, but you're right in assuming the greens were replaced. Good luck in sorting out the motherboard. That said, a four slot should only set you back $150 or so imported if you find it's stuffed.

The button layout is certainly bizarre though, considering the L&AI 6-slot machines have the proper button layout with the first red button slightly lower then the subsequent buttons. I don't mind it though, as that's all I've been using for the past 10 years. Some fighter combinations are a little tough, especially any B+D moves.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A

Thx for clearing that up. Good luck with that 4 slot. Wrapping a piece of cloth drenched in rubbing alcohol round a credit card is a good way to clean those slots. I do it with all my cartridge based systems.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Cheers for the tip Bill, I'll replace the green buttons and stick to concave. F4U57 nice to get some of the history behind the joysticks. I'm pretty new to the Asia Pacific models myself being more familiar with the US & European models.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wrapping a piece of cloth drenched in rubbing alcohol round a credit card is a good way to clean those slots.
An even better way would be to use contact cleaner (DeOxit D5 for example) - alcohol does not remove any corrosion.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Nice! I like it when Raizing is getting some love :D

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Congrats. It's an amazing shoot-em up. Not a fan of Garegga but I love playing Bat Rider. So many secrets and hidden bosses.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thanks guys! it really is a tremendous shmup - one of the best i've played and worth every penny :)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Hells yeah, doesn’t get any better than a batrider in an Astro/NAC. Learn to use that start+A to aura cancel if you want to pretend you know what you’re doing :glee:

:vik:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Today I bought my first candy cab. I drove 7 hours to Omaha to get it and then back before the normal evening Colorado storms. I made it home just in time. I'm very happy. It's now set up with my only vertical SHMUP I own. I'm finally ready to get some more...

(my Brother -In-Law joined me on the trip...this is him unwrapping my cab)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Nice MVS cart selection to. That Last Blade 2 cart :drool:
^^ thanks. Got a couple more, gonna sell a couple when I have the time. The LB2 cart is the nicest piece of MVS stuff I have... courtesy of Tyranix95.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
(my Brother -In-Law joined me on the trip...this is him unwrapping my cab)

Hmmm... I could swear when I looked at the picture I was... omg this is just like how I imagined a NERDtendo would look like :keke:

The cab looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. gz on the purchase.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hmmm... I could swear when I looked at the picture I was... omg this is just like how I imagined a NERDtendo would look like :keke:

The cab looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. gz on the purchase.

Hahaha.