Post Your Recent Purchases!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The clear GotW arrived yesterday afternoon:

Installation was a breeze, and I've never opened a Neo controller up before.

Close up of that clear sexiness:

Breaking out all of Amano's moves in Last Blade smooth as buttah.

TEH SECKS!!!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Picked up this nice bar stool for my Big Read. Got two of them for $5 at a garage sale. Need to figure out how to make a bit more room for both.

Neo Stool.jpg

Yeah, that's right. It swivels. No big deal...

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Nice cab. The only thing that bar stool needs is the "SNK" or "MVS" logo on it.

2952777249_159764e40d.jpg

"how to make a bit more room for both." - This tend to happen to a lot of us... we buy more stuff than we have room for. :glee:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Just got this awesome item in the mail.

s-l1600.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member

View attachment 36994

"how to make a bit more room for both." - This tend to happen to a lot of us... we buy more stuff than we have room for. :glee:

AH, you're showing me up with your SNK stools! lol Very nice. Your cab also looks really good.

It actually did cross my mind to try and make the stools look Neo but I'm not sure if I'll go that far with them.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
More MD pickups.
These will keep me happy for the next few months.
Slapfight is really beat up but i got it and splatterhouse 3 for £70 so couldn't argue with the price, good shooter as well.
20160626_185954.jpg

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Good finds! I'd love to get my hands on a complete Rockman!

I was surprised by how good SplatterHouse 3 is. And I was really surprise to see you got Eliminate Down! Also a really good game. It's a shame it's so expensive.
I haven't tried Slapfight yet, but people seem to really dig it.

Last edited:

cat

Eliminate down is super tough segadude, it kinda remind's me of hellfire with the backwards, forwards, sideway's gun's, it's the korean version by the way.
Splatterhouse 3 is really good, been after it for a long time.
Slapfight is another class toaplan shooter, and another one i've wanted to own for ages.
Megaman world and punisher are great as well, really pleased with this little bunch.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I've not heard of that "ernest" flick, but it looks crazy. I might need to check it out.

Slapfight is really good on the megadrive, there is a whole exclusive remixed version that is worthwhile, it not better than arcade mode.
Eliminate down Korean 'version' or 'bootleg'?

cat

I've not heard of that "ernest" flick, but it looks crazy. I might need to check it out.

Slapfight is really good on the megadrive, there is a whole exclusive remixed version that is worthwhile, it not better than arcade mode.
Eliminate down Korean 'version' or 'bootleg'?
Yeah slapfight is really good chem, a fab shooter.
And eliminate down is legit, not a boot, i've been caught out once already, lot's of shark's out there.

J-Burns

n00b
Picked this up today! Pretty fun but def some slow down on Metal Slug 2. Monitor looks pretty good though. I haven't opened it up yet but I saw you can connect an MVS board since its JAMMA.

2hs156a.jpg

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Sweet deal. I believe you have to change the power supply if you use an MVS 1 slot board.

Perhaps something like a Pandora box 4 would run fine.

Been looking for Taito one.

J-Burns

n00b
Sweet deal. I believe you have to change the power supply if you use an MVS 1 slot board.

Perhaps something like a Pandora box 4 would run fine.

Been looking for Taito one.

I actually may pick up the Taito one in the near future! Got one being held for me if I can get the time to pick it up!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
monitor-sony-pvm-14-rgb-D_NQ_NP_598321-MCO20763673099_062016-F.jpg

Bought today my first PVM. It's 13", and it has scratches on the box and a very little one on the screen itself, but it works wonderful. Tried it with the awesome 240p test on the Sega Genesis to make sure it worked fine and it looked fine to me. I absolutely like that it includes a speaker, and the seller even included the RCA to BNC converters :)

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

View attachment 36994

Cabs have ALWAYS been too slim for two people (and I'm skinny). The MVS 6 slot is the cab to get, it's much wider and more comfortable to play. One of my neo buddies that also owned an mvs played a dedicated 6 slot at some random arcade while traveling and we both looked at each other & reacted with shock and awe that is was so roomy. :)
EC32117E-0DAD-4E93-861A-EC4883887A00_zpsfgqiifyt.png

Last edited:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Quite an awesome bargain I scooped at a local 2nd hand shop (pawn shop?) while traveling to one of the corners of Spain...
So I was just seeing some used games and saw there was some retro (sega genesis mostly and psx) and there it was .... a Mega Drive + Mega CD without any price tag.
Asked how much it cost and they said the astonishing amount of... 60 euro (around... $68?) for the combo :eek:

Sooo this is where it stays now:

IMG-20160621-WA0008.jpeg

20160621_205341.jpg

Totally functional! :D
They had no fucking clue of what they had in their store... lol

Nice pickup, but it looks like you need to mod that MD for 60hz pronto!
On the Mega Drive 1 if using a flash cart normally I would not bother with a switch, just cutting all the JP jumpers open and setting it for US 60hz, but in tandem with a Pal 50hz Mega CD a switch does come in handy for some games. I would suggest using just one 3 position On-Off-On switch instead of the standard 2 switches (one for speed and one for language) mod since its a lot cleaner and works perfectly. Also at least from my experience the standard 3 wire method works best - I tried the alternative 4 wire method with the pull up / down resistors but found it unreliable.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The extension plate is nice to have, but TBH with the Mega CD 2 the whole thing just looks a lot better when paired with the MD2. In case you want one anyway just a heads up i there are a few on ebay at the moment from the EU and prices are pretty reasonable.
thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eyes peeled! (But I don't want to pay more than €100, and even that's pushing it.)

Bought today my first PVM. It's 13", and it has scratches on the box and a very little one on the screen itself, but it works wonderful. Tried it with the awesome 240p test on the Sega Genesis to make sure it worked fine and it looked fine to me. I absolutely like that it includes a speaker, and the seller even included the RCA to BNC converters
Nice man, congrats!

Nice pickup, but it looks like you need to mod that MD for 60hz pronto!
On the Mega Drive 1 if using a flash cart normally I would not bother with a switch, just cutting all the JP jumpers open and setting it for US 60hz, but in tandem with a Pal 50hz Mega CD a switch does come in handy for some games. I would suggest using just one 3 position On-Off-On switch instead of the standard 2 switches (one for speed and one for language) mod since its a lot cleaner and works perfectly. Also at least from my experience the standard 3 wire method works best - I tried the alternative 4 wire method with the pull up / down resistors but found it unreliable.
MJ is right there... here's a good tutorial. [And if I can do it, so can you :)]