Post Your Recent Purchases!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
MVS > AES > CMVS

Cabinets, bro.

Only in regards to the price. If AES would be cheaper, then AES > MVS would be just as obvious.

Apart from that: MVS > AES > consolized MVS + full kit ambitions (including matching serials, orig labels, clean carts and what not of other junky paper/plastic debris)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Only in regards to the price. If AES would be cheaper, then AES > MVS would be just as obvious.
Unless you want to play Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, MPE, Drift Out, Zupapa, NiTD, Strikers or Super Dodge Ball.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Unless you want to play Puzzle Bobble, Shock Troopers, MPE, Drift Out, Zupapa, NiTD, Strikers or Super Dodge Ball.

These are straight good arguments, but I still doubt if they could beat a low priced AES, where you could play Magical Drop III, TSS, BTG, MotW, Blazing Star or the Metal Slug series. As long as those stay in reach and available, MVS will rule and if prices were reversed, no doubt AES would rule then, with or without those few exclusives.

A high price is not enough to condemn a whole system. Not without a justified accusation of simply being butthurt anyways. Yet, a low price always remains the most popular argument to gain privilege. And that's why MVS is preferred, which, reciprocally, doesn't devaluate it either, from a strictly objective point of view, just like a high price doesn't devaluate the AES.

But that's exactly what is happening, because... what good is impartial dispassionate objectivity, if you simply can't afford it?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Another quite rare game music LP arrived today for my collection :)

p1020603gusy9.jpg

You make me remember that I'll have to look for an CMVS soon... Arrgghh

Apart from that: MVS > AES > consolized MVS + full kit ambitions (including matching serials, orig labels, clean carts and what not of other junky paper/plastic debris)

Tanooki

War Room Troll
gameboygoodies.jpg
Paid $85 for this late this morning. Fact of the matter is most of this isn't even for me. I've got it in my head recently that I wanted to get a Gameboy Color for my almost 5 year old daughter because she loves Mario and Kirby as they're pretty easy for her to deal with, good learning games. As you can see that lot came with actually 2 copies of Super Mario Bros DX, and also that Disney Tarzan game too. So I put those 2 games in there with the GBC which is basically front and back without fault like new in that pikachu case (opens so you can play the system within as a protector) and gave it to her this afternoon after giving it all a nice alcohol bath to sterilize it.

I can't say it didn't hurt to finally get a chance to try out Resident Evil Gaiden either given it's a $40+ game. I intend to hold onto that and the G&WG4 game. The rest though, they're in 2 piles of individual sales stuff (the Pokemon's and better known things) and then you have 6 games mostly GBA with board (bored) games, basic arcade, crappy flight, worst tetris ever, and the 2 8bit titles of baseball and army men I'll trade locally for something. I like the fact I can still rarely find something nice around here and that handheld stuff tends to get ignored compared to console as it's my thing. Just yesterday I also not pictured for $15 came across Pokemon FireRed, Lucky Dime Caper(Game Gear), and my first 2 snes purchases in like 3 years Prince of Persia and Smartball. All in all a rare weekend to find stuff and rarer that it's solidly good stuff too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Paid $85 for this late this morning. Fact of the matter is most of this isn't even for me. I've got it in my head recently that I wanted to get a Gameboy Color for my almost 5 year old daughter because she loves Mario and Kirby as they're pretty easy for her to deal with, good learning games.
nice pick ups and a cool thing to do for your daughter. congrats.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Hit up a used book store in a neighboring city and happened upon this little gem:

71qfWZ%2BfESL._SX522_.jpg

They were running a 20% off sale on all items you purchased so I managed to get this for $20. :D

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Congrats!! Simply beautiful! :buttrock::buttrock:

Congrats! It's time to update your collection page soon. BTW, is the Darius Rebirth Premium Box among your items, too? Ogura outdone himself with this one.

Thanks! With the recent revival of video game music records these are getting quite expensive.

I don't have the Darius Rebirth Box (yet). Since it just contains music which has been released as standalone before it doesn't has much of priority (except for display reasons). I have Darius, Darius II and Darius Gaiden on CD so I'm just missing G-Darius which also had a standalone release afair.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Another quite rare game music LP arrived today for my collection :)

p1020603gusy9.jpg

KdSpcGZ.gif

Looks like it's in great shape, too! I wish Konami had given us more like this back then. I would have loved something like Snatcher on vinyl (although there's a rumor my wish might still come true on that one).

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
View attachment 39032
Paid $85 for this late this morning. Fact of the matter is most of this isn't even for me. I've got it in my head recently that I wanted to get a Gameboy Color for my almost 5 year old daughter because she loves Mario and Kirby as they're pretty easy for her to deal with, good learning games. As you can see that lot came with actually 2 copies of Super Mario Bros DX, and also that Disney Tarzan game too. So I put those 2 games in there with the GBC which is basically front and back without fault like new in that pikachu case (opens so you can play the system within as a protector) and gave it to her this afternoon after giving it all a nice alcohol bath to sterilize it.

I can't say it didn't hurt to finally get a chance to try out Resident Evil Gaiden either given it's a $40+ game. I intend to hold onto that and the G&WG4 game. The rest though, they're in 2 piles of individual sales stuff (the Pokemon's and better known things) and then you have 6 games mostly GBA with board (bored) games, basic arcade, crappy flight, worst tetris ever, and the 2 8bit titles of baseball and army men I'll trade locally for something. I like the fact I can still rarely find something nice around here and that handheld stuff tends to get ignored compared to console as it's my thing. Just yesterday I also not pictured for $15 came across Pokemon FireRed, Lucky Dime Caper(Game Gear), and my first 2 snes purchases in like 3 years Prince of Persia and Smartball. All in all a rare weekend to find stuff and rarer that it's solidly good stuff too.

Nice scoop on that GBC/GBA lot. For $85 is not a steal but still a very nice deal.
I remember seeing reviews for that Resident Evil way back when it came out and it was rated high. Was kind of surprised to even see a game look that good seeing as how under-powered the GBC is. Too bad your daughter isnt a bit older so she can also enjoy those pokemon games. Had tons of fun with those when I was a kid. But those other 3 games are super fun as well.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
KdSpcGZ.gif

Looks like it's in great shape, too! I wish Konami had given us more like this back then. I would have loved something like Snatcher on vinyl (although there's a rumor my wish might still come true on that one).

There actually were quite some Konami vinyl records back in the day. Three Gradius LPs, four Konami Game Music LPs and some pretty rare Konami LPs on King Records (Konami Game Music Collection Vol. 1 and Super Contra/AJAX).

Snatcher is confirmed by the way ;) Although it will be for the Mega CD version only, alas.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Nice scoop on that GBC/GBA lot. For $85 is not a steal but still a very nice deal.
I remember seeing reviews for that Resident Evil way back when it came out and it was rated high. Was kind of surprised to even see a game look that good seeing as how under-powered the GBC is. Too bad your daughter isnt a bit older so she can also enjoy those pokemon games. Had tons of fun with those when I was a kid. But those other 3 games are super fun as well.

I wasn't looking to make bank on it. I'm looking to try and break even really. She gets one of those Mario games and Tarzan with the GBC (new batteries were supplied by seller) and case. I'm keeping RE GBC and G&W Gallery 4. The others, I'm going to sell them to break even, just haven't decided if I want to wait and buy a pair of batteries to fix the Pokemon games (Crystal saves but no RTC save, other no save/no rtc) and 6 of the games there are worth around $2 each so they'll be half price books trade fodder to get like $5 off on something. That more or less was the plan going into it. I'd keep Pokemon Crystal but she can't read and I don't have time to deal with that level of abuse and as it is I already have kept my Pokemon Yellow and FireRed carts. When she's old enough as she loves watching/poking at Pokemon Go I'll let her play my Pokemon Yellow or Fire Red games.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
suicidekiller said:
Snatcher is confirmed by the way ;) Although it will be for the Mega CD version only, alas.

If they move beyond the CD based tracks, I'll count that as a big plus since the Mega CD version has great synth that has never been officially published in a soundtrack before. :D

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I wasn't looking to make bank on it. I'm looking to try and break even really. She gets one of those Mario games and Tarzan with the GBC (new batteries were supplied by seller) and case. I'm keeping RE GBC and G&W Gallery 4. The others, I'm going to sell them to break even, just haven't decided if I want to wait and buy a pair of batteries to fix the Pokemon games (Crystal saves but no RTC save, other no save/no rtc) and 6 of the games there are worth around $2 each so they'll be half price books trade fodder to get like $5 off on something. That more or less was the plan going into it. I'd keep Pokemon Crystal but she can't read and I don't have time to deal with that level of abuse and as it is I already have kept my Pokemon Yellow and FireRed carts. When she's old enough as she loves watching/poking at Pokemon Go I'll let her play my Pokemon Yellow or Fire Red games.

Probably best to just sell them as is and price them accordingly. No need to take more time, money, and effort in making a few extra bucks. The games should still sell for a decent price even with a bad battery and all. Everything pokemon is experiencing a surge in popularity.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
Probably best to just sell them as is and price them accordingly. No need to take more time, money, and effort in making a few extra bucks. The games should still sell for a decent price even with a bad battery and all. Everything pokemon is experiencing a surge in popularity.

When I had some duplicate pokemons for sale (and was out of batteries to replace) a guy said he honestly didn't care about whether or not the cart even worked because he was strictly a collector.

Crystal should give him a good chunk of his money back alone.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Don't have pictures (just MVS carts so nothing much to show anyway), but I just wanted to blab about starting my Neo collecting career about 5 hours ago by picking up AoF 1 and 2 from eBay. They're going to be sitting around for a while since I don't have my CMVS yet, but hey, it's a start right?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
be prepared to have your ass handed to you by those games :glee:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
^^What he said. :D

Anyway, I went ahead on the batteries. An old online friend of mine happens to be the guy who owns Mortoff Games on ebay/web. I ordered a package of 10 batteries (5 for both types GB/GBC use) for $11 shipped which should be here Friday. I decided after also finding that my battery died (the night after I got them) in Resident Evil Gaiden too so I lost my work. They're easy, the cells are tabbed with 2 surface mounted solder blobs so I'll just need to heat, remove, clean, and apply new solder with the new batteries.

I'm actually kind of debating selling Crystal, but gold with a battery is worth at least $30. I don't much care if I get even really. Crystal I've never had a crack at and plus with my kid being almost 5 she'll learn to read basic words anytime now and sentences shortly after and Pokemon isn't big on complicated reading so she could end up really enjoying it on her GBC. I'll just have to see how it goes. I've only experienced SoulSilver the DS remaster of the Generation 2 title Silver Version. And I'm thinking while the iron is hot I may just pop the one off my Pikachu (Yellow) version too I've had for a long time.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Went to get the new addition to my gameroom this morning. Everything went smooth. Got it home no problem. Plugged it in to check it out and it was dead as a doornail. This was to be expected because I bought it as-is, as-found in an arcade operator's warehouse. I just assume if it's in the warehouse and not on route making money it must have something wrong with it. The whole cab didn't work...no lights in the coin door, no monitor, no sound, nothing. That means the first place to look is the power supply! Tried to pull the fuse and the dang thing wouldn't come out...just kept spinning. Finally got it to come loose and the fuse inside was blown. Also, the fuse holder itself was broken. Went to the hardware store and grabbed a fuseholder (I already had the fuses I needed). Installed the fuseholder and put in a new fuse...plugged in the cord and flipped the switch. Boom baby it's working! It came with 3 good carts too...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice looking woody there bro! Enjoy!

Glad it was a quick and easy repair.