Arcade Machine Monitor Problem,Shaky Folding HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Arcade Machine Monitor Problem,Shaky Folding HOW CAN I FIX THIS?
http://youtu.be/PD5aoEj-sBM

NEO GEO MVS JAPANESE CANDY CABINET,ARCADE MACHINE ,4 slot mobo..

Upon start up monitor screen shakes...Folds,collapses ..it away after 3-5 minutes.....flickers here and there then stays straight...

If I turn the machine off and back on it starts over..shakes...Folds,collapses, flickers here and there then stays straight...

.it's not MVS a board issue,does it without a mobo in the machine..
Power supply is new,did the same thing with either power supply..
Machine is grounded

I have inquired about this problem before..I'd like to Finally Fix the problem..

I can solder but don’t want to twiddle with this and that..If by chance I’ll ruin he monitor I’d rather leave it alone...It’s been doing this for years..
This occurred after moving the machine from one apartment to another..

There should be one location on the board hat causes that’s,that’s where I’d like to check..HELP?

Asure

Captain Dick,
Looks like vhold / sync is not adjusted properly. As the machine heats up, the output levels of sync / input threshold of the monitor drift closer together and it syncs.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Looks like vhold / sync is not adjusted properly. As the machine heats up, the output levels of sync / input threshold of the monitor drift closer together and it syncs.

Anyway to fix that..?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member

This is my guess as well. Have you used any of the adjustment knobs? My experience is mainly with vintage arcade monitors, but usually there's some size/hold/brightness/focus knobs somewhere on the chassis.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
This is my guess as well. Have you used any of the adjustment knobs? My experience is mainly with vintage arcade monitors, but usually there's some size/hold/brightness/focus knobs somewhere on the chassis.

I messed with the knobs in front of the monitor after this went on as the front of the Japanese style monitor has a ton of front panel adjustment pots..each ones ok.. I figured dry pot but none make it change or go away..

I'm thinking some trace line or capasitor is bad.....