my work's new gameroom

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Take a peek:

temporary_zpsdf197b3c.jpg

The pool table and Foosball table are behind me and not pictured.

Before you ask, this was in-process before a recent Reduction In Force. I was thrown into it after everything was purchased and asked to assist so beyond my personal NAC (it's on loan), I didn't have a say :/ here's hoping I can expand it a bit more :D

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
That's cool. In what profession do you work?

You also seem to be hinting that the layoffs might make people upset about having a game room.

Lemony Vengeance

That's cool. In what profession do you work?

You also seem to be hinting that the layoffs might make people upset about having a game room.

I work for a software company.

if you were laid off and your old job just opened a game room, wouldn't you be upset?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
very nice Work sir.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Cool, hopefully it makes you a little less depressed :envy:

Don

Camel Slug
Take a peek:

temporary_zpsdf197b3c.jpg

The pool table and Foosball table are behind me and not pictured.

Before you ask, this was in-process before a recent Reduction In Force. I was thrown into it after everything was purchased and asked to assist so beyond my personal NAC (it's on loan), I didn't have a say :/ here's hoping I can expand it a bit more :D

Dammmmmmn I dig all the trippy art work. So I assume, if I throw on my suit and tie, I could slip in.

Yep, I work here, names Dong, I work with Lem.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Dammmmmmn I dig all the trippy art work. So I assume, if I throw on my suit and tie, I could slip in.

Yep, I work here, names Dong, I work with Lem.

the wall with the easter Island heads is

"The History of Computing"

the beam blocks it, but the WOPR is behind it. Was done by a local Graffiti artist.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Very awesome, my work has a onsite gym and restaurant but I would trade all the amenities for a sweet game room :-)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wow, this is nice! Do a lot of people play those machines? It's kinda hard to imagine something like this in a workplace over here, as there is no kind of "arcade culture"... even if you did set something like this up, most people would ignore it or even be annoyed by the sounds.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I work for a software company.

if you were laid off and your old job just opened a game room, wouldn't you be upset?

Yeah, definitely. That's too bad. Hopefully no employees harbor bad feelings about it.

That said, my work has a refrigerator and a coffee pot. Sometimes people bring doughnuts.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
wow, this is nice! Do a lot of people play those machines? It's kinda hard to imagine something like this in a workplace over here, as there is no kind of "arcade culture"... even if you did set something like this up, most people would ignore it or even be annoyed by the sounds.

THIS^^ the only place you're gonna see a arcade machine around here is a Dave & Busters which i live no where near to, having this at your job is pretty cool.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They should put that giant M Bison in the CEO's office.

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice, fun setup. My former office arcade is how I got into the hobby. We bought a few machines for the office and they were a hit. They were great for when we had clients and potential clients in.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Cool but my eyes keep getting dragged to the poor pinball machine that is missing it's backglass...

Lemony Vengeance

It's a "Black Knight". The wiring is a MESS. Nothin' in it is solid state.

The backglass is $300 from a place in New York. I've filled my employer in on prices for repairs.