Record collecting

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I haven't felt compelled to buy a vinyl in a while now. What's good out there? There's a couple of video game CDs I'm going to buy, I would prefer them on vinyl for no reason other than I like to play records, but they are only on CD.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Scooped up a few Donovan records I found used last week. Cool stuff.

Also got Gang Starr's Step in the Arena, which is great.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I haven't felt compelled to buy a vinyl in a while now. What's good out there? There's a couple of video game CDs I'm going to buy, I would prefer them on vinyl for no reason other than I like to play records, but they are only on CD.
What other shit are you into? I got a whack of new stuff from my friend's shop that I've had on my search list for years. I'll get a 3x3 shot or two this weekend!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not going to let this one slip.

Odd limitation 5.185.750 - I assume 5 über, 185 special, 750 regular.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bump, my discogs order arrived in time for Yule:
serveimage

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you have been patiently waiting over a decade like me, for a quality re-release of 2Pac's Me Against the World, then you are in luck! Looks like it was re-released last month.

You can buy a new one in the link below for a mere $35.00. Tan and black variations are available. I normally don't buy colored vinyl, but I said fuck it, and bought one of each. The OP press of this album has been selling for well over $200.00 for many years, even in beat up condition. Discogs and eBay sellers are already trying to scalp these, so get one why you can.

One a side note, the discogs reviews are all good. People are saying they did the best they could with what they had to work with. Also to note, 2Pac.com seems to have pretty hit or miss shipping practices. About half the review reported damaged media packaging.

https://shop.2pac.com/collections/music

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Does anyone know which Hokuto No Ken original series ost is the best one to buy? I want to make sure I'm getting the correct one. I want the one with all the memorable songs like Intro, Tough Boy, etc.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Does anyone know which Hokuto No Ken original series ost is the best one to buy? I want to make sure I'm getting the correct one. I want the one with all the memorable songs like Intro, Tough Boy, etc.

Sup RAZO, I know this was posted in the record thread so I’m not sure if you only want the vinyl version, but this is the one you want:

PCCG-595.jpg

“北斗の拳 プレミアムベスト”
(Hokuto no Ken Premium Best)

All the classic themes from the anime adaptation were included; here’s a product link:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCCG-595

This track is a personal favorite from this album:

...If you strictly want vinyl, then there’s always this one instead. You get less tracks than the above release, but it does contain all the popular themes such as “Ai wo Torimodose”, “Silent Fighter”, “Tough Boy”, etc

“Hokuto no Ken Original Songs”

R-8540818-1463672701-9556.jpeg.jpg

Product link:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/D32G-65

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Sup RAZO, I know this was posted in the record thread so I’m not sure if you only want the vinyl version, but this is the one you want:

PCCG-595.jpg

“北斗の拳 プレミアムベスト”
(Hokuto no Ken Premium Best)

All the classic themes from the anime adaptation were included; here’s a product link:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCCG-595

This track is a personal favorite from this album:

...If you strictly want vinyl, then there’s always this one instead. You get less tracks than the above release, but it does contain all the popular themes such as “Ai wo Torimodose”, “Silent Fighter”, “Tough Boy”, etc

“Hokuto no Ken Original Songs”

R-8540818-1463672701-9556.jpeg.jpg

Product link:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/D32G-65

Thanks, This is exactly what I wanted to know.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone else down this rabbit hole of bootleg VGM vinyl? I grabbed a few interesting pieces a few years back, and now it's FOMO like crazy.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Bootleg game music is pretty gnarly man. I've got a few, but it's pretty insane. It's all so secretive, and if you miss out when records first come out, they're not easy to get. I have a few Select/Start releases, and a friend gave me the Super Punch Out!! record, but keeping up with all of them is a little too involved for me.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Bootleg game music is pretty gnarly man. I've got a few, but it's pretty insane. It's all so secretive, and if you miss out when records first come out, they're not easy to get. I have a few Select/Start releases, and a friend gave me the Super Punch Out!! record, but keeping up with all of them is a little too involved for me.

I'm on most of the major releases, but there's a few I'm still hunting.
At the same time, i really dont need any more....

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Do you guys ever actually listen to VGM music on vinyl often?

I had a bunch from the last few years but only listened to most once or twice and sold a majority of it unless it's something I actually listened to semi frequently or if the packaging was amazing.

Still waiting for Lords of Thunder to get a release.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I should get more involved and try to scoop up some gems, but just keeping up with official releases from Data Discs and others keeps me plenty busy, haha. Still so many non-game music albums I'm after too.

One thing about game music vinyl that kills me - the time between preorder and when you actually get the item is hilariously long. Most of the time, it's a total surprise when the album actually comes in.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Anyone else down this rabbit hole of bootleg VGM vinyl? I grabbed a few interesting pieces a few years back, and now it's FOMO like crazy.

I have a few too like the cool Metroid one, but by the time you find out they exist they are going for stupid prices.

I got the Mother Music Revisited vinyl this week. I forgot I ordered it until I got a shipping notice.

689b7c2c7deb90a6def2d600e31372c2.jpg