FS: Intellivision Games and Boxes. If you are a picky jerk you better go away.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Ok so here is what I have for sale. You are going to have to squint your eyes a bit so that everything looks a little nicer than it is. And if you end up buying these you should only look at them from very far away.

Here is a long story about how they came to be...

My mom bought an Intellivision back in 1953. She was a savvy consumer and was attracted to the technical superiority of Matel's machine over the quite pedestrian 2600. She was also aware of the tendency for publishers to release any crap that crossed their threshold. Being that she was a mom of two of the most glorious babies of the current century, she didn't have time to fuck around with a bunch of sweaty game nerds to discover all the hidden gems among the Intellivison library. She needed a quicker way to sort the wheat from the chaff. Mom decided on the strategy of only buying first-party titles thinking that this would help. AND IT DID! So by the time I was about five years old we had 96 crisp first-party titles to enjoy. As glorious as I was, I was a rough son-of-a-bitch. So I was forbidden from using the delicate machine or its cartridges. The only time I was allowed to play them is when my older and gentler cousin, Russ, would come over. My mom wouldn't even play with me because she was always exhausted from being the best mom of all ages. So there they were, never being used. A collectors dream.

Well dreams fade, my friend. Eventually the luster of the Intellivision evaporated from the eyes of my mother. When I grew up and fell into the fitly den that is the world of video games, I became the care taker of the collection. I was a bad care taker. I tossed the games into tuperware and moved them from place to place with nary a thought to the condition of those poor cardboard masterpieces entombed within the aforementioned tuperware. For years they rocked and smashed and their cartridges jostled loose and gnashed at the virgin boxes. And another age passes.

I settled down after a long stint at sea and began to finally take stock of what remained. It needs to be mentioned that by this time I had also developed a distaste for anything shabby. I was overwhelmed by the piles of disgrace stacked upon each other in my murder room. Among the tattered games were awards of my youth and even forgotten giant African millipedes. After severely chastising myself and screaming until my throat was torn to ribbons and more blood poured from my body than did words, I rented a dumpster. It must all be removed. Oh the idea of selling these games to someone who would appreciate them crossed my mind, but I can't stand dealing with filthy video game nerds. So into the dumpster they went. But there is hope yet!

As the truck pulled up to take everything away, quick as a flash, one of the neighborhood scamps scampered into the dumpster and salvaged what he could. He hissed at me and before the rock I threw at him could connect he was back into the storm drain. And another age passes.

Now I am a family man of the first degree and even am burdened with operating a failing loose meat restaurant. I still dabble in the arcane art of video games as well. I happened upon a Video Game Artwork thread on the ever precocious shmups.com forum and before me was lain the artwork from the Intellivision games of my youth. I was taken aback and needed to share. I pulled aside one of the fellow art-fags that works for me to show him. He simply replied, "Yeah, those are the games I pulled out of your dumpster, you pathetic sack of shit."

I shouted, "YOU ARE THE SCAMP!?!?"

So then we collaborated and talked about reconstituting the boxes or making gay art. Definitely not playing the games. That nonsense never came up. Then I happened upon the most virtuous of all. SELL THEM FOR PROFIT!

So here they are ladies.

BE WARNED! MOST OF THE CONTROLLER OVERLAYS ARE LONG GONE! THE NON-FIRST PARTY GAMES WERE ACQUIRED BY MYSELF AT A LATER DATE AND NOT BY MY SAINTLY MOTHER.

Completeish:
IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

Cartridges riding solo (Dracula gone, you bloodsuckers):
IMG_2428.jpg

Boxes only (maybe some manuals too):
IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

Holy Grails (Both gone, you sons of motherless goats):
IMG_2429.jpg

If I had my druthers, I would like cash for these, and lots of it. I will also accept the trade of hand tools or candy. Buyers taking the whole lot will be given priority.

I am also aware that it is a requirement to post prices, but rules were made to be broken and broken they shall be! I will however only accept offers posted to this thread. All Personal Messages will be ignored.

The dice are cast.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
lol @ the story.

I am also aware that it is a requirement to post prices, but rules were made to be broken and broken they shall be! I will however only accept offers posted to this thread. All Personal Messages will be ignored.

I dunno if that's gonna fly. Though I do like the idea of offers in thread only.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Today's Offerings:
1) broken - Not clear, but I believe you are offering thread. I will not accept.
2) cdamm - Beard Dirt. I will not accept.

I will wait patiently for other offers.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
After that immaculately worded fable, I am surprised to see that the boxes arent as bad as they were made out to be. May be my cart-only eyes tricking me, but boxes don't seem as horrendously treated as I imagined.

I don't collect for Intelliivision, but GLWTS!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
I want a couple of these games too. Do any of the games have the little inserts? Beauty and the Beast, Night Stalker, Astrosmash and the second copy AD&D posssibly?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
I'll take those two RAM carts. What sounds fair for them?

What kind of candy would like?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I'll take those two RAM carts. What sounds fair for them?

What kind of candy would like?

I will start the bidding at $20 for the RAM carts. That's like 18lbs of gummy bears at Sam's Club.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Morning Offer Update:
ggallegos1 - A view of the immaculate conception. I will not accept.
Kid Panda - I will check as soon as possible which will be many days from now. You offer for a double date for the lot, I will not accept.
T.A.P. - Indecisive offer. I was hoping for $300 a piece for the RAM carts. I will not accept.
wyo_vr4 - Offer of $20 shipped for both RAM carts. I WILL ACCEPT. Payment info sent via personal message.
ggallegos1 - Free viewing of animal torture. I will not accept.
LegoSlug - $50 shipped for the lot. A champion's offer, but I must decline due to the rapeage I shall receive from the US Post Office. The bounty remaining after shipping will not buy me a Family Treasure at Long John's.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
You know what I want Eddie, and it ain't in this thread. :D

glwtshenanigans.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Pre-Midnight Offer Update:
wyo_vr4 - Anime picture. I will not accept.
broken - Girls night out. I wll not accept.
GohanX - Gratitude. Currently the best offer for the Intellivision lot. WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.
Teddy KGB - Secrets. I will not accept.
neo_moe - Lies. I wlll not accept.
Coleridge - $10 and butt pic for Dracula. I WILL ACCEPT. Payment info and butt shot sent via Personal Message.
BerryTogart - KoolAid. I will not accept.
wyo_vr4 - A lifetime supply of robos. I will not accept.

Obligatory Tiger:
91718d1067962725-whos-more-pussywhipped-matts-roy-horn-tiger.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
the-dar-434.jpg

not trying to bargain. just posting because it was in one of the chive daily things today.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Whoops, I forgot to keep you guys updated on offers. I'm surprised you have any fingernails left.

cdamm - Offer of unloose meat. This is slander and I will not have it. I will not accept.
T.A.P. - Offer in which you have a sucky day. I will not accept.
Karou - Offer of 100% original artwork created by you. Keep at it buddy, you will get there one day. I will not accept.

Last edited:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
You have all shown such a great interest in my restaurant that I have decided to let you into the excited world of meat slinging.

Entry one: A Day of Panic and Fear
- I have been waiting for a month for ketchup and mustard bags to come that fit in these new pumps. Why does it take so long? They arrived today. So many in fact, that I have nowhere to store them.
- I must do payroll. I have yet to convince my staff to donate their time.
- A lady comes in with a boy the same age as my boy so we talk about it. She has 9 children so I immediately classify her as a lunatic bent on self destruction.
- Susan Cozad brings me in a free case of 3 to 1 hamburger patties that I'm not sure I can use, but I will try. She owes me free burgers.
- Jams returns some of the 3 lbs. boats they borrowed.
- I decided I need a trashcan in the Loosemeat Lounge. There was a spot reserved for a pristine Burger Time cab, but it will probably never happen. A trash can is infinitely more useful.
- During my trash can expedition, I came to realize those heavy-duty trash cans with the tray holders on top they have at the mall are $700 a piece. Holy smokes.
- I set my mind upon leaving at my normal time, but am side tracked by Chandlar (my employee with the weirdest name) who wants to discuss her scheduling conflicts with me (she had a valid argument). I like Chandlar.
- I finally go home an hour later with my fingers crossed that Dog Man or the Bubblegum Brothers don't come in tomorrow. Wish me luck.