Does anyone actually buy this crap??? VGA graded games

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You guys want to look at some hilarity, just check out member rarebucky's ebay store. 98% of that will never sell.

Jon

PS: I have it on very good authority he just bought a $20K copy of Donkey Kong Jr. Math (one of only two known that are still sealed).

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Why don't these people invest in the stock market?
On second thought maybe this is smarter.......

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
there are people buying this stuff, and they should be embarrassed.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I get why collectors' markets exist, and I don't have a real problem with any of it but it would take something very special to get me to fork out more than $100 for a video game unless it was a brand new neo-geo home cartridge in the FF, AOF, KOF or SS series.

I think the most I've ever paid for a video game was 90 bucks for the original PSX version of Valkyrie Profile. That was maybe 6 or 7 years ago.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Lol at the acrylic VGA box, I never knew they where that huge for just a freaking CD :lolz:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
FUCK VGA grading, I can not see any point in it, now I could understand getting a hard plastic CD cover to keep your spine cards looking nice, but VGA is just hipster shit.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
I always suspected this VGA thing was shite, but now looking into it I can very informedly say it's shite. (Good video by the way, whoever posted it way back there.)

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
You guys want to look at some hilarity, just check out member rarebucky's ebay store. 98% of that will never sell.

Jon

PS: I have it on very good authority he just bought a $20K copy of Donkey Kong Jr. Math (one of only two known that are still sealed).

all that guy does it try to flip sealed games. has been for ages. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the VGA consortium.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
When i was looking for a copy of Dracula X I never understood who would pay 2,000 or more for a VGA graded copy... And there are a few of them for sale. This just reeks of insanity!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why don't these people invest in the stock market?
On second thought maybe this is smarter.......

No, these people are retarded. if you watch the vid posted earlier, the guy shows a lot of examples of people losing their ass on eBay, some VGA graded stuff is going for LOWER than market value.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
FFS, so this is why Australia gets slammed on these boards.

FU joe8.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

Jon

I just checked out rarebucky and actually surprised his VGA items sell like hot cakes. Like this

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That seller should sue the VGA for their shitty packaging not even doing what they advertise it is meant to.

Just to fuck with them.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I just checked out rarebucky and actually surprised his VGA items sell like hot cakes. Like this

OMG. I remember opening Pokemon Yellow and a Gameboy Colour on Christmas Day 2000. That game is fucking nostalgic as fuck to me, I played it so much. I get chills hearing the Viridian Forest music.

Do you know what that mint sealed VGA graded piece of shit is? That is a childhood that never was. What a real shame it is that nobody got to play that game. I know it was obviously graded recently and wasn't played then anyway, but it still is a sad sight.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
OMG. I remember opening Pokemon Yellow and a Gameboy Colour on Christmas Day 1998. That game is fucking nostalgic as fuck to me, I played it so much. I get chills hearing the Viridian Forest music.

It wasn't released till 2000 in yurop.
Lying cunt.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Whoa, hold on there! Only the "somewhat reasonable priced" stuff sells. The other stuff just sits.

Also, notice he never gets the price he wants...he's usually forced to accept an offer.

LOL, still remember when he had that Castlevania Legends for Game Boy, ie. NOT sealed, for $700. Thing sat for two years before he dropped it to $300 and it finally sold. Still laugh I was able to get mine at a local game store for $30.:D

Jon

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Whoa, hold on there! Only the "somewhat reasonable priced" stuff sells. The other stuff just sits.

Also, notice he never gets the price he wants...he's usually forced to accept an offer.

LOL, still remember when he had that Castlevania Legends for Game Boy, ie. NOT sealed, for $700. Thing sat for two years before he dropped it to $300 and it finally sold. Still laugh I was able to get mine at a local game store for $30.:D

Jon

Bingo, BEST OFFER ACCEPTED. It could be (and should be) $50 shipped for all we know.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bingo, BEST OFFER ACCEPTED. It could be (and should be) $50 shipped for all we know.

If you're referring to Castlevania Legends for GB, it should only go for $150-200...and, that's if it's dead mint CIB.

Another guy I've met at a convention had a VGA one that got a 90 and was asking $10K...no joke.

Jon

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm referring to any and all of them... $50 shipped. :keke: