Wives...Gfs... Will they ever understand?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cruisin' down the street in my 6-4
Jocking the bitches, slappin' the hoes
Went to the park to get with Scoops
Kid Panda out there cold shootin' some hoops
A car pulls up, who can it be?
A fresh El Camino rolled, GoHung-G
He rolls down his window and he started to say
It's all about makin' that GTA

Cold chillin E.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Very nice! Are you in NC aswell? Gives me hope up finding one without driving forever & a day

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Nice set there with the three cabinets. I wasn't complaining just curious how everyone has it at home. :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Very nice! Are you in NC aswell? Gives me hope up finding one without driving forever & a day
I just drove 6 hours round trip for a NAC in GA. As long as I'm around here I try to scoop pretty quickly :D

Nice set there with the three cabinets. I wasn't complaining just curious how everyone has it at home. :)

This picture is actually old, I have even more crap now :(

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Dat middle fanger sets the picture off...You should get that blown up into a poster.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
My GF is pretty cool with it all however I did just sell almost all of my home cart collection for her.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
My wife is japanese, and she hates almost any kind of game (except some Fami title) but she doesn't bother me for my collection or my nocturnal VG session.
I try to be a good husband and I proudly change my baby's diaper so I have the right to cultivate my hobby, nothing more, nothing less :D

The hardest thing is to persuade her to attend me in a Super Potato/Trader when we're back in Japan...

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I just drove 6 hours round trip for a NAC in GA. As long as I'm around here I try to scoop pretty quickly :D

Haha I don't blame you. They are pretty rare around these parts for sure. I think I've only saw 3 (maybe?) in person, and never any for sale. Nevertheless, if you ever run into another one for cheap that you don't plan on picking keep me in mind!

DPsx7

Banned
I chose a game room over meeting people so it's never come up. Don't even wanna know what I've spent over so many years. One thing I am sure of is it's worth more than I've paid. Some games went up in value. Of the 200+ PS3 games I own I probably paid full price for less than a dozen. Hell I paid $21 out of pocket for a brand new PS4 thanks to taking surveys online and saving some gift cards from the holidays. I'm a deal hunter and smart shopper.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I chose a game room over meeting people so it's never come up. Don't even wanna know what I've spent over so many years. One thing I am sure of is it's worth more than I've paid. Some games went up in value. Of the 200+ PS3 games I own I probably paid full price for less than a dozen. Hell I paid $21 out of pocket for a brand new PS4 thanks to taking surveys online and saving some gift cards from the holidays. I'm a deal hunter and smart shopper.

Doing online surveys in return for discounts just means you got paid a really small amount of money for your time, not sure it counts as either a deal or smart.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
As others have stated, your significant other / spouse should not despise something you enjoy. They don't have to enjoy or be as interested as you. Provided it doesn't impact negatively your ecosystem (i.e financially, time, space). Your partner should support you in being happy as it benefits the relationship.

I've yet to see a relationship remain enjoyable or healthy for anyone where their partner did not support them in their interests. It's part of what makes you...you. It doesn't matter what your interests/hobbies are. It could be sports, cars, video games, computers, Hi-Fi, comics, drugs, drinking.

[pro-tip]
Before asking a girl out. The first question asked is what do you like to do. If what they say next isn't a hobby, do yourself a favor and run away. A broad with no hobbies is a broad looking for you to be her jester. Enjoy a life of juggling and telling jokes to amuse her.
[/pro-tip]

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
[pro-tip]
Before asking a girl out. The first question asked is what do you like to do. If what they say next isn't a hobby, do yourself a favor and run away. A broad with no hobbies is a broad looking for you to be her jester. Enjoy a life of juggling and telling jokes to amuse her.
[/pro-tip]

The Human Tripod speaks in truths.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
As others have stated, your significant other / spouse should not despise something you enjoy. They don't have to enjoy or be as interested as you. Provided it doesn't impact negatively your ecosystem (i.e financially, time, space). Your partner should support you in being happy as it benefits the relationship.

I've yet to see a relationship remain enjoyable or healthy for anyone where their partner did not support them in their interests. It's part of what makes you...you. It doesn't matter what your interests/hobbies are. It could be sports, cars, video games, computers, Hi-Fi, comics, drugs, drinking.

[pro-tip]
[/pro-tip]

+1 for this

When a woman lists her main hobby as shopping just finish on her then leave.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Unless you're in a situation where it is fiscally irresponsible to be buying games, or you're neglecting your wife and kids because you're playing them too much, she should just be happy that you found a hobby that makes you happy.

And, if you are in that situation, a good spouse will step in, put their foot down, and intervene. Hoarding games or neglecting loved ones to play games is an addiction and/or compulsive behavior.

My wife loves gaming tho.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Doing online surveys in return for discounts just means you got paid a really small amount of money for your time, not sure it counts as either a deal or smart.

Depends on the value of someones time. I think he probably came out on the better end of the deal.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
And, if you are in that situation, a good spouse will step in, put their foot down, and intervene. Hoarding games or neglecting loved ones to play games is an addiction and/or compulsive behavior.

My wife loves gaming tho.

Word. That was my point. The only time your wife should give you shit is if your hobby, whatever it may be, is negatively impacting your family.

So you don't "live on the internet", but you have taken enough online surveys to knock $379 off of the purchase price of a PS4?

Man, it must REALLY piss you off when your mom picks up the phone and knocks you off of the internet.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Wife is cool with my collection and hobby. Also, I purchased the bulk of my gear prior to getting married (this includes the cabs). If I had room, we would even have two skee ball alleys.

DPsx7

Banned

I was earning credit to spend at Amazon, it wasn't merely a discount. I took them while wasting time online or watching TV. Most take less than 15-20 minutes and I was a member for only a year or two. They've since closed. I'm still part of another program where I earn gift cards to Gamestop.

A few minutes here and there to make some marketing department buy games for me? Hell yes. It's easier than actual work.

DPsx7

Banned
Depends on the value of someones time. I think he probably came out on the better end of the deal.

I feel I did. It's not like I was paying attention to commercials anyway.

So you don't "live on the internet", but you have taken enough online surveys to knock $379 off of the purchase price of a PS4?

Man, it must REALLY piss you off when your mom picks up the phone and knocks you off of the internet.

My reply above explains this was saved up over 2 years, and was usually while watching some TV. Also I noted that some of the credit came from gift cards for the holidays. If I'd waited another week or two it would have been completely free but there was concern that Amazon would grow suspicious if I didn't pay a little out of pocket. You know PS4's were still hard to find back in March.

Haha, real funny. I use broadband.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Anyone else have a wife or significant other that just doesnt like your collection? Anyone have one that does like gaming? (lucky u)

My wifes not too keen on gaming, shes been away on work and hasnt seen the new MVS cart collection Ive just acquired.... :oh_no:

Wonder if I can slip 50 carts past her...

Lmk your success/fails with partners and gaming

Yeah right.

Hate to break it to you: Your DOA as soon as she gets back.

Get Divorced.

First is the worst. ... :glee:

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
between this thread and the new ngdev game thread, i am gonna have to say dpsx7 more or less equals some kind of mastertasuke/sonichu hybrid.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
My wifes not too keen on gaming, shes been away on work and hasnt seen the new MVS cart collection Ive just acquired.... :oh_no:

Wonder if I can slip 50 carts past her...

Srs talk. If she has been away long enough for you to acquire 50 carts, where's she getting her jollies at? Maybe the only slip you need to worry about is what slipped in and out of her.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah 3 weeks shes run off with the milk man for "jollies"... you got me there. Witty comments like that you should worry what little intelligence slips out of your head, just talking about games and spouses normal talk...