Is it OK to be content with what you have

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I thought I had it figured out, that my happiness is of utmost importance, and that everything comes second. I'm not competitive in nature, I never have been.

Should people always reach for something better? Is there something better?

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Sage, maybe try to live your life instead of posting it on here?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I always try to be happy with that I have. That doesn't mean I don't reach out for better things in one way or another, just don't make a religion out of it. In our day and age, trying to be content with life as it is is sometimes seen as stagnation but that's just what those who profit from you tell you to profit from you a lil' more.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sage, maybe try to live your life instead of posting it on here?

EEVC2lJ.gif

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Shut the fuck up noob.

I'm not trying to take the piss. Instead of asking these life questions, just do what you feel is right. There is no secret answer, so just live life.

If I put questions about my life on here, it would just be full of "What ply toilet roll should I use?" And shit like that.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It's perfectly OK to be content with what you have. Be comfortable and enjoy life. That better job, that nicer house, that faster car is all pretty meaningless at the end of the day.

+1. If you're not striving for moar your life is over.

That's BS :lolz: I feel bad for people like you. You'll never be happy.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have been concerned over the last year that I've become too comfortable at my current job. Pays well, work is tolerable, but advancement is not really there. I'd have to move across the country, and I'm not sure I'm willing to risk that.
I'm also considering my current residence, and if it's time to go.

Sometimes you just need a change to shake things up.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
consumerism? I agree with Tak? and DK Jello your boss/corporate scum gets richer of you.
your happiness before others? only to the extent that you're not screwing people at all (it will come back to you-nightmares,guilt maybe even that karma ''nonsense'')yet>
Sayings195.gif

being content? if you were you wouldn't ask? so what is it that I think you should want? I don't care enough to know! still..
Sayings368.JPG

better things? what do you really want? are you jealous of mercedes benzs, jaguars, 19childrens, monster trucks ,piles of gold or are you happy to sleep and eat?
Sayings409.jpg

competive? sure you're not! who is that you're glad to be ''better than'', honestly couldn't answer? I guess you speak the truth. the only real competition is yourself but you knew that already, yes!
obviously a person can become deluded into thinking they need all types of shit to distract them and keep them busy ''earnin it'' maybe its whats right for them but not everyone needs a five car garage to feel like they are good enough to deserve to exist?

Dr_Bronners-label-Peppermint-32oz.jpg

also what was that consecutive/same day thing again? Found it!

http://www.timecube.com/

title.jpg

I hope the images show four yoo. I worked hard on this:annoyed:

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I thought I had it figured out, that my happiness is of utmost importance, and that everything comes second. I'm not competitive in nature, I never have been.

what do you mean by "better"? what's better for you is not necessarily better for someone else.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I always try to be happy with that I have. That doesn't mean I don't reach out for better things in one way or another, just don't make a religion out of it. In our day and age, trying to be content with life as it is is sometimes seen as stagnation but that's just what those who profit from you tell you to profit from you a lil' more.

This all over.

This constant never being happy with what you have is just a manufactured societal pressure meant to keep the masses consuming needlessly.

Not saying don't try for more and spend on stupid shit (this is a gaming site, so we all obviously spend money on one pointless avenue), but don't do it just for appearence sake.

Or do, at least you'll get Facebook likes when you show pictures of all ur stuff.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

I definitely think you should try to reach for something better just for the sake of challenging yourself.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, being happy with what you have/have achieved or what you are and trying to improve your life by reaching for better things is not mutually exclusive.

Basically the message is that you should live your life and be happy right here, right now, because tomorrow you may be dead.

Madbees

New Challenger
Karou I fucking love you.

As for my two bits:

Happiness comes entirely from within.

If you like what you're doing you'll be happy.

Surround yourself with people you love and love you and happiness will come to you.

Everything else is just a variable of circumstance and choice.

One of my buddies just bought Joel Quenneville's old house (ex Blues, current Blackhawks coach), and my brother-in-law just bought a new Tesla.

How am I going to be content with what I have?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Bettering yourself and being content are not mutually exclusive.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Things That Cause A Quiet Life

My friend, the things that do attain
The happy life be these, I find:
The riches left, not got with pain,
The fruitful ground; the quiet mind;

The equal friend; no grudge, no strife;
No charge of rule nor governance;
Without disease the healthy life;
The household of continuance;

The mean diet, no dainty fare;
True wisdom joined with simpleness;
The night discharged of all care,
Where wine the wit may not oppress;

The faithful wife, without debate;
Such sleeps as may beguile the night:
Content thyself with thine estate,
Neither wish death, nor fear his might.

~Henry Howard

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
One of my buddies just bought Joel Quenneville's old house (ex Blues, current Blackhawks coach), and my brother-in-law just bought a new Tesla.

How am I going to be content with what I have?

Set the Tesla on fire and drive it into that Joel Quenneville house.