Reputable ebay sellers?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Just read their feedback and ask for board pictures. If they refuse, don't buy. MVS has a built in advantage over AES...you can easily open the cart and see the boards. From there just look at known board photos / post in "boot or no boot" and get a member who knows his stuff to provide his opinion.

Research what MVS titles are commonly known to be bootlegged a lot as well. Knowing before you buy = way better luck

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
one who is capable of opening the aes cart without damaging the label.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
one who is capable of opening the aes cart without damaging the label.

I have to admit that is no easy feat. I've seen countless videos on it but still feel not really comfortable doing it.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I hear autobahn3000 is selling some MVS carts currently....

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
if your not comfortable, you do right in not risking damaging the label.

chronorobo

n00b
I kinda of brand new to this hobby. Is there anything else that could prove that a MVS cartridge is genuine? Or the end all be all is open it up and check?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I kinda of brand new to this hobby. Is there anything else that could prove that a MVS cartridge is genuine? Or the end all be all is open it up and check?

That's the end all. There can be replacement cases and labels, but the boards and ROMs dictate when its genuine. If you have any questions check online or on this site, we'll tell you in a heartbeat

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
While it's probably not a 100% guarantee (my luck has been good), I've learned that holographic front labels or the silver SNK security stickers are good signs. Provided they aren't mangled.

chronorobo

n00b
That's the end all. There can be replacement cases and labels, but the boards and ROMs dictate when its genuine. If you have any questions check online or on this site, we'll tell you in a heartbeat

That would be much appreciated. I actually found this guy mllerenas10 and his prices seem okay. The picture of the cart looks good but I am still a little unsure if he is legit or not. Since I am new I can't buy here and my im building my super gun pretty soon. I would like to get a couple of carts to test it out with.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
That would be much appreciated. I actually found this guy mllerenas10 and his prices seem okay. The picture of the cart looks good but I am still a little unsure if he is legit or not. Since I am new I can't buy here and my im building my super gun pretty soon. I would like to get a couple of carts to test it out with.

This guy sells mostly boots.