Who is the MAN these days for PC Engine mods?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I pulled my US Duo out of storage today do some yearly halloween Dracula X gaming. I have zero sound and the AV output wants to scroll on the screen. So it looks like a cap replacement time. I found Retrogamecave.com but does anybody know of anybody else also, D-Lite isn't around anymore.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'd check with a local arcade repair or pc repair shop. See if they do capacitor replacements. For instance, I'm a pc tech and I regularly replace capacitors on motherboards for computers(have occasionally even replaced caps on tv's & speakers).

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Www.tg16pcemods.com, although last I heard he's backed up a couple of months. Also, you might pm JetBlue here, I dunno if he still checks his account here but he's the fucking man. He's also known as chop5 on pcefx, he's helped me out of a few jams.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Duo or Duo R?

You could try and open it up and reflow the underside of the AV DIN points, they could be some cold joints.
Also does it happen with HUcards as well or is it just CD?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Www.tg16pcemods.com, although last I heard he's backed up a couple of months. Also, you might pm JetBlue here, I dunno if he still checks his account here but he's the fucking man. He's also known as chop5 on pcefx, he's helped me out of a few jams.

Thanks he does all of the mods that I have ever wanted to do to it. I would like to get a component mod to make it more up to date. I didn't know Jetblue did full overhauls, he is good people I deal with him years ago.

Duo or Duo R?

You could try and open it up and reflow the underside of the AV DIN points, they could be some cold joints.
Also does it happen with HUcards as well or is it just CD?

It is a US Turbo Duo. I got the AV working fine now but the sound is still a problem.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member