Final Fantasy 15 = no playable female characters? Lets discuss....

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That's gonna make for a lot of angry faggots/happy homos.

And get a load of these fucking character names:

Noctis Lucis Caelum
Stella Nox Fleuret
Prompto Argentum
etc...

Holy fuck....and I thought I was overdoing it when I satirized the series with names like "Zelbess Aileron" and "Blantheus Algarth".

Anyway, this "road trip" theme has piqued my interest...something this series hasn't done in a LONG time.

Though I'm not too crazy about an all male roster with stupid names, this might end up undoing some of the pussification the brand has endured during the last decade.

Anyway guys, does anyone have any other info to discuss?

(I actually know nothing about this game so far)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The theme is interesting.

the rest,

looks terrible. it's all the stuff we are tired of seeing.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
A real question here, how many zippers per square inch on their outfits?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't have any problem with what I've seen of the game so far. This is FF in the modern era. It's par for the course now. Learn to love it or get out while you can,.

I am going to play it.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
No playable female characters is one thing...but these dudes all look like they belong in Justin Bieber's dance crew.

The next RPG I'll be looking forward to is Tales of Zestiria.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The theme is interesting.

the rest,

looks terrible. it's all the stuff we are tired of seeing.

I'm gonna be totally honest here and say that most of my interest is hinged on a cool black car I saw in one of the trailers..I totally forgot about the game....started looking through trailers to see if I could get a better look at the car.....

....and it turns out you're right: much of this game still comes off as a homosexual Korean soap opera.

EDIT: This trailer has a little bit of the old Final Fantasy vibe (but that convertible isn't the car I'm talking about).

EDIT 2: FUCK these haircuts!

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I am not even going to think about playing this until I hear saners opinion on it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What kind of person over the age of 20 gets excited over this, anyway?

There will never be another Final Fantasy IV/VI, Chrono Trigger, whatever RPG you liked when you were young.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
there has to be some twist of development to end the franchise? right? wake me up for Final Fantasy Final

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Fightin' words. I'm just a sucker for neat landscapes and cool vehicle designs....actually if that car in the trailer has a retractable hardtop, it'll probably be my favorite character in the game.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

There will never be another Final Fantasy IV/VI, Chrono Trigger, whatever RPG you liked when you were young.

I have to somewhat concur here. I'm not really 'excited' to play this game, but I'll still give it a try.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
FFX-2 had no playable male characters and no one complained.
It's a nice change of pace from the last 3 FF games.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

I remember a ton of people complaining about X-2's all female cast.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Fightin' words. I'm just a sucker for neat landscapes and cool vehicle designs....actually if that car in the trailer has a retractable hardtop, it'll probably be my favorite character in the game.

my post wasnt directed at anyone in particular

i felt the same about tekken 6's opening with jin's bike

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon

Eh, I like gaming now more than ever. However, these characters look like a group of male runway models. That's a pretty valid complaint in a genre that's driven by story and characters.

I also think FFX-2 was pretty shitty due to the limited nature of the cast. Wasn't that a pretty common complaint? Most people don't like that game.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Totally not the intended audience for this series anymore. Pass.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
FF X, XI, XII, X2, XIII, and XIII2 sucked balls. Never bothered with Lightning Returns or XIV, but I have full confidence this will blow too.

Bravely Default is the best FF since the PS1.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I've barely been keeping up with this game and can easily tell it has a "road trip" theme. Based on that, I think it's totally fine it's an all-male cast. I just wish they put more time into the character designs. Noctis looks cool. The rest don't. FF has had a ton of female characters, not all of them for pure ogling purposes. So I think it's silly and band-wagony to start calling them out at this stage. The cast fits the theme. Not much more to it than that.

FF X, XI, XII, X2, XIII, and XIII2 sucked balls. Never bothered with Lightning Returns or XIV, but I have full confidence this will blow too.

Bravely Default is the best FF since the PS1.

I can kind of understand people not liking the main character of X but I think it's one of the best games of the 128 bit era and is my favorite Final Fantasy game. XII was actually really good and I'm surprised people don't like it. It was as close as a return to the SNES era (in terms of atmosphere) as you're going to get save for IX. XIII I think the characters turned a lot of people off and is probably my least favorite cast but I really liked Lightning, Vanille, and Fang. I thought it was a great game. You got to take down your planet's religious establishment. That's pretty awesome.

People love hating FF. I remember when I was in fourth or fifth grade or so and Power Rangers had been super popular growing up. And then everyone decided "Power Rangers was stupid and it was always stupid and I hate it wha wha." This kind of reminds me of that. People growing out of something but not being able to simply say, "OK, I'm done with this." Instead they have to say that everything is utter shit and isn't up to their sophisticated taste. SE could make a fantastic game and people would still say it sucks, it was pussified, it was homoerotic, it was dull, etc. Fuck that. I love Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Some of what was in the TGS video was decent. That Behemoth was pretty cool, and the battle system looks engaging and far more dynamic than in past games. That being said, the game is only 55% there, so it's hard to get even remotely excited for a game that's been in dev for nearly a whole console cycle. I find one of the things these games have been lacking in recent years is warmth, and this one looks a little sterile as well from what I've seen. Honestly, I'm hoping for interesting and clever banter between the characters at least.

The car does look pretty cool.

Last edited: