SNKP shows interest in releasing Samurai Spirits Zero Special on console for the 1st time

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
The Playstation blog just released a poll (http://www.poll-maker.com/poll185929x7A504b88-7) asking fans for their pick of what Neo Geo game should be ported to modern consoles. The usual suspects are on there, but I noticed a really interesting addition:
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL

Now, seeing as Garou and Last Blade 2 are in the lead, I don't think we'll actually see SSVSpecial get a release. But dammit! This is the first time SNKP has expressed any interest in releasing this game outside of the Neo Geo format.

I don't know if any of you remember, but SNKP originally planned to have this game be a Neo Geo exclusive (hence the game not receiving any prior console release).

Anyway, I voted for SSVSpecial. :multi_co:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I'd also like to see a SSV Special. Way too expensive to think on getting one on AES and a digital one from the PS3/4/xbox one stores would be great.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
It would be interesting to have SSVS on console as on MVS it's unaffordable :crying:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
SSVS would be great to see on a console.

Personally I'd love to see a combo deal of SSV and SSVS released, if anything so I can play the SSV story mode with proper English translations.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Garou and Last Blade 2 already have console releases. SSVS was never ported, so that's definitely the most desirable.

Not the best game, but way better than SSV, for sure.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Already have Garou and LB2 on MVS. (And Garou on DC.)

Would love to see SSVS. I've never played that and it has not found a port before.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I voted for SSVS, but if I had another choice..
m6DcS.png

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
SSVS is so fun playing against a friend. If it had online play, it would be incredible. I think they could get a whole new set of fans. Would love to see this game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Suppose that SSVS does get chosen. I wonder if they're going with the fixed version or the unfixed version.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Suppose that SSVS does get chosen. I wonder if they're going with the fixed version or the unfixed version.

I would imagine after so many years they would use the unfixed version, but who knows for the international market.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
How is a poll on the Playstation blog any indication of SNKP's interest in porting SSVS?

Being that we [i.e. Playstation blog] are curious as to what the fanbase is looking for, please vote for which title(s) you would love to see on PSN in the near future! Make sure to spread the word that we’re asking for feedback from the fans via this poll, and listening to what you guys have to say.
source

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Posted by Adam Laatz on Dec 04, 2014 // Director of Business Development, SNK PLAYMORE
Shiaat, I'm dumb.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They should reissue it on AES or MVS.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Considering this is a company that had a poll right before XIII came out on home consoles as to what DLC characters we wanted to see. Rock Howard won by a landslide and you know the characters we got. So any Playmore poll needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I agree LB2 needs more public eye, but for my own selfish reasons I just want to play SSVS and I know going through an emulator will be bullshit. I've gotten to play an MVS cart version of this game once and I had way too much fun. It's such a shame this game is so expensive, I wish more people had the chance to play it...hell I wish I had the chance to play it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Put one down for Real Bout 2. I've played enough of those other games but Real Bout 2 missed the boat with my friends. I played it all the time at the Laundromat but it took too long to get a port. Nobody around me wants to play it.

XiTaU

n00b
i put one down for ssvs now since u make a valid point about needing a console version.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Voted for TSS, since I've never even seen them consider bringing that over before. Played it once at another forum member's house and it was a ton of fun.

I was very surprised SSVS on there too, but I'm not the biggest SamSho fan in the universe. LB for lyfe.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Put one down for Real Bout 2. I've played enough of those other games but Real Bout 2 missed the boat with my friends. I played it all the time at the Laundromat but it took too long to get a port. Nobody around me wants to play it.

It's sadly a really overlooked game. One of the best on the Neo.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I would love to have the unfixed AES version one day, but apart from the monetary hurdles it basically never pops up in the wild, I think.
Well, it's nice it could become available as a download game, although I'd refrain from playing it that way. True love can wait :)