SNKP shows interest in releasing Samurai Spirits Zero Special on console for the 1st time

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
RB2 is the best choice for a port on that list. By far. I'd definitely like SSVS as well, though, if we could have two.

SouthAmericaNeo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I like SSV and SSV Special as they are both on my arcade machine by my house. I do prefer the older SS games like 2 and 3 better.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They should buy the rights from whatever Data East is and bring a new port of Windjammers to online consoles with full stats and leaderboards. That and Twinkle Fucking Star Sprites.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Last Blade 2 is again in second place.
I'm surprised to see this results, I mean, TLB 2 is not as popular as others in that list.

I wanna believe -> http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?252639-Last-Blade-3

I was expecting lots of demand for SS2 but it's low in the list. I'm guessing most of those who voted LB2 played it on DC.

Personally, SS2 and FFS are the most titles I'm looking forward to, but of course, I would love to see the rest of the games ported too.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I voted for you guys for SSVS. I wanted this game for ages, and finally got a copy of it, I totally support this game being re-released or ported to consoles, because the current price on it is BULLLLLLSHIT.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
sad story is pulstar and viewpoint will remain neo geo exlcuisves for the rest of their lifes because sammy doesnt give a crap about gaming anymore

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Viewpoint has a lot of ports. Sega Genesis for example.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Viewpoint has a lot of bad ports. Sega Genesis for example.

FTFY. I have Viewpoint for MVS, but if I didn't have access to the game in its true form, I would be very dissatisfied playing the Genesis and PS1 ports.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's true. Once you start playing the neo geo original version, the ports just aren't going to cut it anymore.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
It blows my mind that SNKP can still get away with nickel and diming people on this stuff. Releasing one game at a time? In 2015? Every Neo Geo game combined is like 3GB. There's no reason they couldn't just do an "every SNK Neo Geo game ever made" collection for $50 and end it. Of course, being the parasitic vultures that they are, they'll try to bleed every last drop from this rock.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
It blows my mind that SNKP can still get away with nickel and diming people on this stuff. Releasing one game at a time? In 2015? Every Neo Geo game combined is like 3GB. There's no reason they couldn't just do an "every SNK Neo Geo game ever made" collection for $50 and end it. Of course, being the parasitic vultures that they are, they'll try to bleed every last drop from this rock.

Yeah, its for marketing purposes.
Releasing a compilation would

1) deplete SNKP IPs in one shot
2) be underappreciated, like that nintendo Wii game.
3) would probably sell less. It's easy to spend $5 on a single old game for nostalgic purposes but $40 in a compilation would be tougher

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
At the very least, these games should be released in series compilations. Samurai Shodown Anthology, KoF anthology, Fatal Fury Anthology, etc. As Bulbousbeard mentioned, every Neo Geo game could easily fit on any modern game medium, even a single handheld gaming cartridge. Releasing just one game at a time is a bit ridiculous. Nintendo does it too, and it's just as stupid.

Shanadria

New Challenger
Sorry, I voted for FF Real Bout 2. Im a big fan of the Fatal Fury series and I have played enough with the Garou Mark of the wolves...

I Think SNK should think about their prices on PSN because its weird and not so cheap