Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
:rolleyes: come on man, this is no way to carry out the conflict between you two.

He's been consistenly attacking my work in the CPS2 thread only because the mods protect him and don't allow others to critizice him.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
So he's basically making it for free! yet you still pay $280.

Can we all send Raz an empty cartridge with socketed Eproms so he just have to burn the code in? That would be a great contribution to the community. I'm willing to pay for burning eproms.

Btw shipping is $50 extra.

Am I right to believe then that this is how you plan to implement a NeoGeo flash cart if you go ahead? By that I mean requiring a doner NeoGeo carts (like you require a doner CPS2-b board)? Or are you going to design two NeoGeo PCBs that would not require a donar cart?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
He's been consistenly attacking my work in the CPS2 thread only because the mods protect him and don't allow others to critizice him.

I have simply pointed out the issues with your design and ways it can be done differently if you plan other projects going forward, many devs would be happy about that. You are reading my words the wrong way because of an issue that we have already resolved between ourselves.

I have had these kinds of suggestions myself all the time with the unibios over the years and I listen to them. In fact they guide the way I do things. If I do not follow a suggestion I give a reason why I don't follow it. You should do the same.

I have hilighted in your thread (next project poll) a few things you can do differently if you do a NeoGeo device and you have not responded to any of them because you see them as attacks and not places where things can be improved over what you have already done. We are talking about a device that you have not even decided to do yet so how can that be attacking???

Chill out man.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't understand why your pushing this issue so much. If $280 is fair for you, then you buy it. If it is too much, then don't buy it & build one yourself later down the road when the rom is released. But like it or not, if you want the game now & don't want to wait, then you have to pay $280 because that is what is being asked.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

I am back in 4 days.... Raz is not immune to critiscm... Or either are any of the mods....

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE BEEN TREATLY UNFAIRLY... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM MY ASS. Raz came to me with a problem...

... I wanted nothing to do with it BUT once I am involved and having to make a decision then i will do them MY WAY...

You wanna get butthurt over a decision I made then fine... In 4 days i will be back and you can pm me or pop into chat... I am sorta sad and monitor this place even on holiday...

Lets say... You better have a JOLLY good reason for making me post...

xROTx

Ps. Even the Popolous hasn't dusturbed me while i was on holiday... He knows i will sort out his account when i get back...

darksoft

I don't understand why your pushing this issue so much. If $280 is fair for you, then you buy it. If it is too much, then don't buy it & build one yourself later down the road when the rom is released. But like it or not, if you want the game now & don't want to wait, then you have to pay $280 because that is what is being asked.

I agree, if you like the price buy it, if not don't. That's not the issue.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I fix up cars in my free time. I like doing it, and I've been a grease monkey since I was young. Now if somebody I don't know brings me parts for a transmission rebuild, should I do it for free? Hell no.
I think this guy is doing a great service for the community. Don't buy it if you have a problem.

darksoft

On face value $280 seems a lot, but even just the time taken to remove chips from one cart, stick them on another, programming chips, changing jumpers, testing, assembling, packing, printing, coding etc etc it soon makes this reasonably priced. I've done several conversions now and I wouldn't offer it as a service because of how much time it eats. Plus the number of carts here would overwhelm most people I think. Chances are people are going to have to be paid to help manufacture, test and package it all up. I break it down like this:- $50 doner cart, $30$ shipping, $100 for coding the thing to start with, $100 for all the labour related to assembly and packaging up to ship etc.

$100 for coding out of $280 is not pennies to the dollar (or cents)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The price is good.

Your talking about $100 when the in the Neo Geo scene the potential was there for an easy $30,000 on each cart and only a need to make 5 or 6 in total. An easy 150k if you drop the price by a few $$$ when needed to get the sale.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member

Nobody is going to agree with you here. If you're upset because your products have unfavorable profit margins then do something to fix that.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member

Stop airing your dirty laundry with Raz here. You made your point - $280 is too much. Just about everyone else disagrees with you. Move on.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The price is fine. It's reasonable or even below average. Even if he is pocketing $200/per cart [which he isn't, I'm sure] - nobody owes the scene anything. There is no rule stating you owe this forum or fans a deal. He doesn't have any obligations to volunteer time for anyone here. This is a rad project that has an audience. He's charging whatever makes it worth his while and I am grateful. Bitching about the price at all is mute.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I once spent about $140 CAD on a Panorama Cotton for the Sega Mega Drive. I felt a bit crazy for doing it at the time but I was treating myself to one of those hard to get games. When I was clicking send on PayPal for Crossed Swords 2 which totaled just over $400 CAD I felt insane. But it didn't take long to realize that this is really a unique labor of love that I believe will be a game I'll really enjoy. I feel 100% about this purchase and I'm really glad that I'm in.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
mikew speak for yourself and not assume everyone agrees with you. if you just scroll thru this thread there has been several who don't agree. i say let the ones who want buy and the ones who dont dont. now the disconnected attack on darksoft has no place in this thread as it makes no sense or reality.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
mikew speak for yourself and not assume everyone agrees with you. if you just scroll thru this thread there has been several who don't agree. i say let the ones who want buy and the ones who dont dont. now the disconnected attack on darksoft has no place in this thread as it makes no sense or reality.

Good point, sorry.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
crossed-swords-2-legeek-copy2.jpg

Ready for Download...
http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?page_id=109

Cheers,
Ben

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey Raz,

It'd be cool to see some pictures showing the sequence of the making of a cart. I love seeing that shit when people post project threads. Don't know how many people would give a shit but it's something cool to consider doing.

Food for thought.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I am not building the carts myself but quite honestly even if I were I probably would not do that. I see what your saying but its not as if no one has ever seem SNK cart PCBs before. I have sort of done what you are suggesting with the artwork however, especially in order to get feedback.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
That awkward moment when you read "Devil castle of banana".....