Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
So what? Hunter's Axe outclasses every other starting weapon. It's popular too, does it need a nerf too?

This isn't mandatory. Nobody is forcing anyone to play a game with a guide. 30% of Bloodborne's owners have yet to defeat the Cleric Beast, it's in the trophy information. You're just assuming that everyone is going to be looking up guides.

The buffs only add +80 damage (Papers/Shell). Hypothetically, let's say it's nerfed. Would people still use it? Yes, because it's excellent in PvE and staggers most enemies out of their attack animations. My +10 Saw Cleaver outclasses my Ludwig's in damage simply because of DPS and moveset. Ludwig's moveset and damage are only as relevant as the player using them. People aren't using it because it's bad. But you're just assuming that Ludwig's is somehow a "get out of jail free card" without any real evidence (hint: because it's popular and because it does a lot of damage is not enough evidence).

You should probably do something constructive instead of wanting to post on Reddit. Play 1.00, that's messy. Enemies falling through floors, invisible NPCs, items without descriptions, unusable consumables, etc. The game was delayed for a reason. Hell, I have 5-6 videos of various bugs (all NPC dialogues being the same line of text, one enemy dying over and over, visceral attacks throwing enemies out of bounds (the <50 min niconico RTA speedrun actually does this on Father Gascoigne), bosses doing literally no attacks, NPCs falling to their deaths, etc) but hey that's minor stuff found in a very large project of a game. Bloodborne is a great game and FROM have continually supported all of the Souls games with frequent patches over the years. If they find something wrong, they'll correct it. Just look at Dark Souls 2, which is still receiving a ton of patches.

Okay, good luck with this. You should probably post it here so 55 people laugh at it instead of 55,000 though. I don't know much about Sony's financial status (nor do I care), but unless you can back your claims up with real citations, nobody is going to listen.

Your entire argument implodes with this one fact- there's a guy on fextralife who does 1000+ damage with Ludwig's holy sword. A THOUSAND DAMAGE A HIT. If that's not telling, I don't know what is.

And P.S.: reply to my pm about that bet, be a man or go squirt your tears into a paper daffodil, cupcake.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Your entire argument implodes with this one fact- there's a guy on fextralife who does 1000+ damage with Ludwig's holy sword. A THOUSAND DAMAGE A HIT. If that's not telling, I don't know what is.

And P.S.: reply to my pm about that bet, be a man or go squirt your tears into a paper daffodil, cupcake.

Telling of what? Some random person took the time to max out the weapon? How does that equate to "this weapon was made to cater for the masses"? Unless you're able to come up with any evidence that "this weapon was made for the masses", you don't have any case. What you actually have here is a bunch of baseless assumptions based on your own experience with the game.

Did you really think I would reply to this thread to begin with if I didn't already know beforehand that you were completely full of shit?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Telling of what? Some random person took the time to max out the weapon? How does that equate to "this weapon was made to cater for the masses"? Unless you're able to come up with any evidence that "this weapon was made for the masses", you don't have any case. What you actually have here is a bunch of baseless assumptions based on your own experience with the game.

Did you really think I would reply to this thread to begin with if I didn't already know beforehand that you were completely full of shit?

First of all, there is no way you can 'know' that I am wrong for certain. And:

1) It's obvious you dislike me, what is it? My bombast, my previous, sometimes controversial posts, my past here as a satirical provocateur? My overbearing Know-it-all-ness?

2) When you are actually serious about testing out my theory, and betting me an honest man's $20, I will put up or shut the hell up, here in this thread. You will have proved your point publicly, and I will look like a delusional douche. And if the $20 is too much a wager, it can be $10, $5 or even a single dollar, hell $.25c would do.

Please just bet me whatever you like and I will drop my article-length post about my theory about BB on reddit, fextralife and gamefaqs, amonst others. AND I WILL FINISH IT AND POST IT TONIGHT!

It so easy and simple to put up or shut up, you simpering, nancy-boy panty waist. Now. Is. The. Time.

Last edited:

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I'm not interested in playing silly games with you, and I don't even know who you are. You can either prove what you're claiming is true, or you can't. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm not interested in playing silly games with you, and I don't even know who you are. You can either prove what you're claiming is true, or you can't. It really is that simple.

I have never used the Holy blade, but I am curious how it stacks up with the blade of mercy in DPS. With my blade of mercy maxed I can easily hit for if I remember right almost 400 damage per hit. And I can pull off a lot of hits in a few seconds. If I had to guess I would say at least 3 or 4 minimum per second and still have stamina left to strafe. And I barely have any stats that scale with it leveled except skill. I can still pump strength I believe and Arcane in it and get 2-3 more damage per level.

I wonder if anyone has compared the 2? Again o haven't used the Holy blade, but if uses a lot of stamina and drains it in one or 2 hits I would not be surprised if my blade of mercy is better in terms of DPS. My endurance isn't even capped and it can do a 8 hit combo in trick form.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Have no idea what you guys are talking about (lost track a few pages ago).

Killing it in this game though. I know it's a tough game, but like Dark Souls once you get it, it's not so bad. I was using the cleaver until today, powered up the holy blade and realized I'm still better with the cleaver. Am I missing something? WTF does trick weapon mean anyway?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I will, but your unwillingness to bank on your opinion, to me at least, shows a lack of confidence in it.

You see, I was hoping the bet would spur me on and light a fire under my ass to finally finish the article I've been writing.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Have no idea what you guys are talking about (lost track a few pages ago).

Killing it in this game though. I know it's a tough game, but like Dark Souls once you get it, it's not so bad. I was using the cleaver until today, powered up the holy blade and realized I'm still better with the cleaver. Am I missing something? WTF does trick weapon mean anyway?

A trick weapon is a weapon that transforms from one form to another by pressing the L1 button.

And Ludwig's holy blade, when made +10, can do 600 - 1000+ damage when transformed, if you have good, or the best, blood gems. To get the best though ...you have to play through some TOUGH chalice dungeons (like the ones where you only have half of your HP) and even grind them somewhat. I have yet to do it, mostly because that weapon really bores me in both pve and pvp.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A trick weapon is a weapon that transforms from one form to another by pressing the L1 button.

And Ludwig's holy blade, when made +10, can do 600 - 1000+ damage when transformed, if you have good, or the best, blood gems. To get the best though ...you have to play through some TOUGH chalice dungeons (like the ones where you only have half of your HP) and even grind them somewhat. I have yet to do it, mostly because that weapon really bores me in both pve and pvp.

Thanks, good to know. I like the sword better than the kirk hammer variation, so I'll stick it out, but I still can't shake the Cleaver.

I don't pvp. I can barely concentrate on playing this game to take it to that level.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I was just playing BB, and in the Mergo's Loft: Base area, the part after the room with the mob of giant spiders hanging from the ceiling. The bridge with the hunter with Ludwig's sword and the Rosmarinus sprayer, and I just hate this guy because if you sprint past the spiders they chase you and are right on your ass until you are 3/4s of the way across the bridge. This means the hunter aggros on you halfway through and between the two I have gotten greased many times. So this time I have to pass him from the other direction, and even though he's not that hard by himself, I found myself saying out loud that "I'm Rick James- bitch!". That's so unlike me, lol. :)

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Lol, this game will get you into the zone once you start kicking ass a lot more. One minute you know you got this, and then you die instantly. Keeps you coming back for more. It took me 4 bosses to finally get the hang of this game for the most part. I have 2 bosses to go and then.... success! I am using the Saw Cleaver fast weapon and the Holy Blade for my heavy weapon. I kinda want to do another playthrough with the cane/whip and maybe the hammer. I will definitely go ahead and play through Demon's and Dark Souls next. I was becoming a rusty gamer until I started to play these games. It took me a week to come around and really enjoy playing Bloodborne finally.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Finally started playing BB last week. I'm currently stuck on the Boss Vicar Ameila. Gotta figure out the whole healing thing. Anyway, Ive been watching some of ENB's BB playthroughs (just stuff i have completed so far) I just love watching those videos, and he helps make the lore clearer. Also i fought Pappa G before i fought the cleric beast. it seems like Cleric beast is a boss you don't even really have to fight if you don't want to

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Finally started playing BB last week. I'm currently stuck on the Boss Vicar Ameila. Gotta figure out the whole healing thing. Anyway, Ive been watching some of ENB's BB playthroughs (just stuff i have completed so far) I just love watching those videos, and he helps make the lore clearer. Also i fought Pappa G before i fought the cleric beast. it seems like Cleric beast is a boss you don't even really have to fight if you don't want to

I had to beat Vicar alone because I couldn't get help. It was a bitch. You just need to get behind her and attack enough to leave room for a strafe, but, if you use the cane you can stun her. Her head is what is weak.

When I beat her solo I used the can in whip form, and played it patient. I saved oil and molotov, and only used them after stunning her and my stamina was gone. If you do that you can prolly keep her from healing let me I did.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I had to beat Vicar alone because I couldn't get help. It was a bitch. You just need to get behind her and attack enough to leave room for a strafe, but, if you use the cane you can stun her. Her head is what is weak.

When I beat her solo I used the can in whip form, and played it patient. I saved oil and molotov, and only used them after stunning her and my stamina was gone. If you do that you can prolly keep her from healing let me I did.

Yes, this is good advice. Munchiaz, I don't know what level you are atm, but the biggest favor by far you can do yourself is to pump up your vitality as high as possible. 30 vitality is my minimum stat for early game, and I always do it first- excepting a few points here and there if I need to up stats for a weapon. The second thing is to get your weapon up to +3 and use fire paper. With 30 vitality every fight just got a lot more survivable. On Vicar Amelia, you can stagger her with gunshots too. For me, the biggest part in beating her is the timing of your rolls and sidesteps. A couple of her attacks are hard to avoid, but all are avoidable. Oh, and when she starts her healing, just whale on her and/or use charge attacks- you can take away most of her heal this way.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thanks for the tips guys. I will try again tonight.

I believe i am level 30, but my vitality is only about 17. I kindof wish i focused my build a bit more, so maybe i will start over. I am currently using a +3 ludwigs holy blade, a +5 saw cleaver

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Actually let me amend my post. If you are doing good enough to get her half health with more than 10 vials left, use lightning.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I was able to beat vicar. I think i just need to stop playing so passively. Also they really need to fix going back to the hunters dream and my doll not spawing. shit is annoying.

also, whats going on with those enemies that have a sack with a body in it. I died once awhile back before fighting vicar and i woke up in a prison with those guys and now they seem to me in other parts of the game. is that normal?

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I was able to beat vicar. I think i just need to stop playing so passively. Also they really need to fix going back to the hunters dream and my doll not spawing. shit is annoying.

also, whats going on with those enemies that have a sack with a body in it. I died once awhile back before fighting vicar and i woke up in a prison with those guys and now they seem to me in other parts of the game. is that normal?

1) on the doll not spawning- sometimes she spawns next to the back door of the house, up where the last chalice headstone is. Could it be that?

2) letting the bag guy kill you takes you to the Hypogean Gaol lamp, which is the third tombstone to the left of the first one where you go to central yanham and all that. Hypogean Gaol is the best place to farm souls early game- farm a ton of them and know that once you beat the boss of Bygenwerth- Rom- the Hypogean Gaol lamp will be broken for the rest of the game, so farm all you can.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well I just beat the main game.....wow. This game made me furious and happy at the same time. But I can say this, if I can beat this game, anyone can with patience. I swear I could have busted my controller wide open on many occasions.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
1) on the doll not spawning- sometimes she spawns next to the back door of the house, up where the last chalice headstone is. Could it be that?

2) letting the bag guy kill you takes you to the Hypogean Gaol lamp, which is the third tombstone to the left of the first one where you go to central yanham and all that. Hypogean Gaol is the best place to farm souls early game- farm a ton of them and know that once you beat the boss of Bygenwerth- Rom- the Hypogean Gaol lamp will be broken for the rest of the game, so farm all you can.

About the Doll. I assumed because there were issues with loading, and interacting with things in the hunters dream, that her not being at her usual spot was an issue. Turns out that she is just located in a different spot in the hunters dream :scratch:

Thanks for the tip on hypogean goal. Im currently level 40 so i will go and explore around there a bit before i no longer can

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Well I just beat the main game.....wow. This game made me furious and happy at the same time. But I can say this, if I can beat this game, anyone can with patience. I swear I could have busted my controller wide open on many occasions.

I literally threw my controller playing this game. First time in years and years.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So whats the soft level cap people imposing on themselves for pvp/pve?

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Just started it... WOW! Man it feels so much like Nightmare creatures in vibe it's not even funny. Kinda feel lost but its,such an awesome game.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
So whats the soft level cap people imposing on themselves for pvp/pve?

Between 110 and 120. If you want good PVP action search chalice dungeon HIZZNGR3, or PM me and I will invite you into a very happening fight club. Both being early chalice dungeons so no sweat there.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Between 110 and 120. If you want good PVP action search chalice dungeon HIZZNGR3, or PM me and I will invite you into a very happening fight club. Both being early chalice dungeons so no sweat there.

I'm gonna be gone working during the month of may (and that'll be the job to finance a Druple + Bloodborne).

Even then I'm already planning a reiterpallasch build in my head that's gonna need 18 tinge for evelyn and 15 arcane for old hunter bone.
All for fashion purposes of course....hopefully a lot of you guys will still be around by then.

EDIT: I was playing demons souls and noticed something interesting on the rings of magical sharpness/dullness, so I announced my findings during Peeves twitch stream and it blew his mind lol.

I wonder if the coincidence was intentional? Lore wise, magic/miracles in demons souls was basically "making contact" with the old one. Right?

Last edited: