Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
This game is so hard I can't even get through the title screen.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Well the trailer for the DLC is up and it's coming this november :D :eek:

That looks so corny, but I'm gonna play the hell out of that shit. Will give me a reason to dust off my game and do my gun build.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Sooooo, who here is getting the DLC?

Already preordered on PSN myself and just one more day to go.

So far what's confirmed without spoiling too much:

10 new weapons
5 new offhand weapons
5 new bosses.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I actually sold my copy hoping it would drop in price. But I will he picking up again for the DLC for sure. Has it dropped yet?

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Less than a day to go.

Chances are you can pick up a new copy of BB for less than $30 now.

If you live in Europe, there's a new physical version of the base game and expansion.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sooooo, who here is getting the DLC?

Already preordered on PSN myself and just one more day to go.

So far what's confirmed without spoiling too much:

10 new weapons
5 new offhand weapons
5 new bosses.
I'll be getting it but probably not until next month.Though i am waiting on xenoblade chroincles x,due dec 4th.I'm not sure if i'll have time for the bloodborne dlc once xenoblade comes out.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Well, who knows, maybe if you hold it off till next year the dlc will probably go down in price.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Getting this bad boy as well. Loved it, will wait till Wednesday to play it though :)

Marek

Banned
I popped my Bloodborne cherry last night and played for 6 hours straight, helping a friend who had no idea what he'd signed up for with this game. He was stuck in old yarnham getting his ass handed to him.

We found that if you pull the two dogs on the bridge w/ cleric beast down into the upstairs of the house, that they can't fit in the door and you can farm them hard.

Now we're off to the races! I really enjoy the game. Combos are fairly complex and allow a little batman arkham type flair while you crush enemies.

Dark/demon souls must be harder because, outside of the first two areas, Bloodborne seems pretty manageable as long as you don't get impatient and/or greedy.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I popped my Bloodborne cherry last night and played for 6 hours straight, helping a friend who had no idea what he'd signed up for with this game. He was stuck in old yarnham getting his ass handed to him.

We found that if you pull the two dogs on the bridge w/ cleric beast down into the upstairs of the house, that they can't fit in the door and you can farm them hard.

Now we're off to the races! I really enjoy the game. Combos are fairly complex and allow a little batman arkham type flair while you crush enemies.

Dark/demon souls must be harder because, outside of the first two areas, Bloodborne seems pretty manageable as long as you don't get impatient and/or greedy.

The first area when you are starting out is prolly the hardest part of the game. Once you open up the shop it gets alot easier from then on.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
The first area when you are starting out is prolly the hardest part of the game. Once you open up the shop it gets alot easier from then on.

Yeah, 1/2 the battle of a souls game is reacquainting yourself with the combat system then it's a pretty stable difficulty curve from there.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I agree the beginning sucks, unless you just run through it. You really got to farm though mid game if you're going solo. Some of those bosses, like the lady in the church are a bitch alone.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Damn, playing Fallout 4 and Battlefront. Now this comes out in one day, lol. It is going to be a busy 3-4 months.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Unlike Demons/Dark souls, bosses will run away (and you can hurt them BAD) if you are unrelenting.

In BB, greed is the name of the game.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Apparently the DLC is accessed by getting grabbed by the Amygdala outside of the church after defeating Vicar.

I'll check it out tomorrow, I guess. I'm not in any rush as I platinumed the game twice and did all chalice dungeons 4.5 times. By the way, they never did patch Ludwig's.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I'm not in any rush to get the DLC for now, but does anyone know if you can score those giant floppy stove pipe hats that boom hammer hunters are wearing? They look like a riot.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
What do you guys think of the Old Hunters expansion so far? I played a good hour of it after having to beat 3 bosses on my current new game + to unlock the Hunters Nightmare. I really like the NPC hunter summons for boss fights and the are so many hunter enemies in the Hunters Nightmare. That squid giant with the axe keeps destroying me, lol. I am a little rusty and may need to level up a little more than my current 112. Love this damn game... also, I order Dark Souls 2 on PS4 for $20 during the Best Buy BF sale today.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
What do you guys think of the Old Hunters expansion so far? I played a good hour of it after having to beat 3 bosses on my current new game + to unlock the Hunters Nightmare. I really like the NPC hunter summons for boss fights and the are so many hunter enemies in the Hunters Nightmare. That squid giant with the axe keeps destroying me, lol. I am a little rusty and may need to level up a little more than my current 112. Love this damn game... also, I order Dark Souls 2 on PS4 for $20 during the Best Buy BF sale today.

I got into it on NG+7 and like the DS2 DLC it's been an absolute baptism of fire.
I think every boss is gonna take me 8 hours to not just learn, but MASTER (because one mistake = 1hko).

Honestly, I almost think this shit is TOO hardcore....like so fucking unfair I may never bother beating it.
Mercifully though, all the stuff I want comes early in the DLC (old hunter garb, chain gun, boom hammer, pizza cutter, etc)

One good thing about the DLC? If you take it early on you can JUST rescue Arianna the whore and keep using her blood for any clutch moments...since DLC progression doesn't affect her at all. =)

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
^ that would be great if true. Demon's souls is very special.

As far as the DLC for bloodborne goes, so far so good. Two bosses down so far. I love all the hunters that are around just waiting to kill you. Those fights are fun as hell

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
If Demon's Souls was remastered for PS4, it would be one of the happiest moments of my gaming life. I have hundreds, and hundreds of hours dumped in that game, and don't regret a second of it. I am thirsty for more. I dream of newly populated servers, full of PVP, without restriction. Invading in the swamp stage was so much fun.

There is one thing I really want in a remake though, and it's something I always wanted in the original. I want this version to have the broken archstone fixed, and turned into a whole new world, that is ridiculous hard. This should have at LEAST been a DLC in the original, and having it come standard would be a great extra to get people to buy it.

It is rumored, well let me start over. The 6th archstone was partially created, and FROM realized it wasn't in the budget, so they scrapped it, and the files are still in the game. Then they made up a story that the archstone was broken in order to slow it's progression. It is said to be the land of the giants, which we caught a glimpse of in DS2.

I'm trying not to get excited here, but this has been on my mind all day. I really hope this happens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/demonssouls/comments/2tr7lo/6th_broken_archstone/

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper

Demon's Souls was awesome but I never got far. I'm only half way done with Bloodborne and I got it in March. Once I beat Bloodborne I'd love to get back to the roots and play Demon's Souls on my PS4. Since I utilize the remote play feature so much it may help me to beat Demon's Souls. My work schedule really gets on the way of everything but remote play with my Vita TV helps me to not wake up my wife and it also lets me jump into some game play while dropping a deuce at work.
I hope this happens.