Is it worth owning multiple AES systems?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I currently own two AES consoles. A boxed English version and an unboxed Japanese one. I've thought about selling one to fund a couple more games but at the same time I think maybe I should keep a spare.

Would you guys recommend keeping a 2nd console? Eventually they're going to start to fail and I use my AES a lot. I wouldn't want a stack of games I can't play because my console died and the prices are too high to replace it.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Do you need the money? Sell it.

Otherwise, it never hurts to keep a spare.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Do you need the money? Sell it.

Otherwise, it never hurts to keep a spare.

Good point, I suppose I don't need the money so I might as well hold onto it for now.

I was wondering if others kept spares, also.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Your two systems are complementary, with the different bios versions.

However, probably a good idea to play both of them occasionally.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I keep multiple AES, CMVS and CD systems. I have one of each for each room in my house. Do what you want!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have a single aes, an omega, a spare mv1c in case the one in the omega dies and a 2-slot from neo-ash (thanks!) that got stuck in customs for no idea how long :(

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I keep multiple AES, CMVS and CD systems. I have one of each for each room in my house. Do what you want!

Watch it, I got blasted cause I had a Sega Saturn in two different rooms.

I didn't realize I was being so greedy.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I have two AES systems basically because I don't want to be stuck without Neo goodness if one develops some sort of serious issue. That and if I had the cash, I'd totally whip up a Neo link-up setup, just to say I did it.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I agree with alphagamer, unless you really need the cash, id keep it. always good to have a spare

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Keep a few extras, and might as well get a cab while you're at it. Never know if you'll suddenly need to do an 8 player League Bowling with 4 linked machines. XD

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I currently own two AES consoles. A boxed English version and an unboxed Japanese one. I've thought about selling one to fund a couple more games but at the same time I think maybe I should keep a spare.

Would you guys recommend keeping a 2nd console? Eventually they're going to start to fail and I use my AES a lot. I wouldn't want a stack of games I can't play because my console died and the prices are too high to replace it.
You could use a CMVS as a backup, if most of your games are MVS.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Thanks for all the replies. I think I will keep the spare for now and maybe get a CMVS eventually too. Save my AESs doing all the work :D

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Two AES systems here. One in Greece when I go over and one in the UK.

Had a third one and gave it to a friend with some cheap but classic Neo games (SS1, SS2, AOF2) since we grew up with these.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Only if you can get a hold of the extremely rare AES-AES link cable.