Fuck Yeah Vita!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Over the years I've heard people people on here praise Earth Defense Force.
I see several versions on the Vita: American, Japanese, DLC. ver2 \, ver 2 2.0, ver 3, 2017
What version should i get?

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Saw this the other day, a pretty slick looking Dragon Quest Vita Bundle: (Japan only of course)

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog...psvita.html?tkgpscom=dc_psvita_ps_tw_20151112

20151112-psvita-01.jpg

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Yeah, so much good stuff still coming out for it. Finished RE Revelations 2 - the load times are terrible, game was great otherwise.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Best handheld still IMO

Even though Sony doesn't bother supporting it, at least the Japanese third parties and Indies keep it alive.

The only thing I wished we had is 128GB storage. Currently have 64GB and it's still not enough lol.

jtucci31

n00b
That white/silver Vita makes me want one on looks alone (only kind of kidding). I know there's games that I'd definitely enjoy playing on the Vita, but I always fear it'll be like the 3DS for me (lots of anticipation, played it a lot for a solid year and a half then hardly ever touched it).

For some reason handhelds don't always have a lasting effect on me sometimes.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
That white/silver Vita makes me want one on looks alone (only kind of kidding). I know there's games that I'd definitely enjoy playing on the Vita, but I always fear it'll be like the 3DS for me (lots of anticipation, played it a lot for a solid year and a half then hardly ever touched it).

Handhelds are the last bastion of hope for JRPGs and JP games. When I was living with my parents, they are good because you can play them when someone else is using the TV.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener

If you're interested in Vita games but want to play them on a TV instead of a handheld, look into the PlayStation TV. They're starting to turn up for around $30 at several Internet retailers and they may drop even more after Thanksgiving. Killer deal for access to the Vita library.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
If you're interested in Vita games but want to play them on a TV instead of a handheld, look into the PlayStation TV. They're starting to turn up for around $30 at several Internet retailers and they may drop even more after Thanksgiving. Killer deal for access to the Vita library.

This is not a bad deal for anyone interested in a PS TV:

$50 for the unit, DS3 controller and a 8GB card. Plus a Lego Movie digital game.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pl...lack/6732027.p?id=1219238019229&skuId=6732027

jtucci31

n00b

That's not a bad idea. I always forget that thing even exists. You can also get PS3 games, right? I never quite understood the logistics of it, no matter how many times I researched.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Not PS3 on its own, but you can do Remote Play with both the PS3 and PS4.

Natively it will play PSVita cards and digitals, as well as PS1 and PSP digitals.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Pretty sure there's a ton of Ps3 games you can rent for them on that one PSNow or somthing rental service, sounds like a rip off so I've never tried it. I have a few dozen Ps3 games and I don't think one of them will remote play but I've heard most PS4 games do.

Anyways if you've had PSN+ for over a year I bet you'll have half a dozen+ ready to go Vita/Tv or cross buy games.. I know I did.

jtucci31

n00b
Not PS3 on its own, but you can do Remote Play with both the PS3 and PS4.

Natively it will play PSVita cards and digitals, as well as PS1 and PSP digitals.

Oh damn I had no idea it did all of that. I could live without the remote play. And then at least with this I can still buy physical copies of the Vita games (though at this point, I would assume none of them even come with manuals anymore, so there'd really no point).

Anyway, thanks for the information. You've tempted me to buy something else I don't need!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Oh damn I had no idea it did all of that. I could live without the remote play. And then at least with this I can still buy physical copies of the Vita games (though at this point, I would assume none of them even come with manuals anymore, so there'd really no point).

Anyway, thanks for the information. You've tempted me to buy something else I don't need!

There is a point to buying physical copies, that memory card fills up with a quickness.
+ You'll always have them. If you can find a retailer that still carries them they'll usually be on close out and cheaper then the dlc.
Yeah the manuals are usually now in a file on the game you view before you play it.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Handhelds are the last bastion of hope for JRPGs and JP games. When I was living with my parents, they are good because you can play them when someone else is using the TV.

Have you looked at rpgfan (website), PS4 is getting a bunch of JRPGs, but yeah Vita has an awesome library, especially with the PS and PSP games it has in its store (though no popolocrois, grr).

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Have you looked at rpgfan (website), PS4 is getting a bunch of JRPGs, but yeah Vita has an awesome library, especially with the PS and PSP games it has in its store (though no popolocrois, grr).

I'll check it out. Yea, Vita has some cool stuff

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Hey any reports of anybody getting booted from PSN after using the email exploit to let the Pstv's run anything?
There wasn't a few weeks after it was released and I doubt there would be. Just asking to make sure.
I think 75% of the time Sony makes these themselves then hands them off to hackers so they can't be legally held responsible.
I'm still pissed off of the PS3 Linux thing though, several years later.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member