How real America thinks and not what the elite thinks

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I do not personally know a single person that does not feel Washington is 100% bought and paid for. Here's the facts:

-The House and Senate run the show. So many blame the president, but that is simply not the case.

-Congressmen can basically have their seat forever. While the president is limited to 2 terms, they literally can be on there for life. With the way elections are controlled by the governing parities, the voters have little choice. If you look at how long some congressmen have held their seat, it's pure insanity.

-Congressmen can be legally "bought". With the way "contributions" work and the never ending flow of $$ from special interest groups/lobbyists/etc…bribes are 100% legal.

So…in short…we aren't represented in the slightest by our government. The majority is bought and the majority rules.

Marek

Banned
I fully expected Obama to be a total gangster with the Executive Order, like Dubya before him.

He hasnt been. Thats the only thing I could add to what smokehouse mentioned, all of which I agree with.

There is precedent for ignoring congress 100% and El Prez doing whatever the fuck he feels like. I thought Obamma was gonna use it for good things, which he has not really done save a few pardons and appointments here and there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol its funny looking at the faggots who think bernie is their savior

fucking retards. in their 30s and still believe there's a difference between two people. no it doesn't fucking matter anymore.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I do not personally know a single person that does not feel Washington is 100% bought and paid for. Here's the facts:

-The House and Senate run the show. So many blame the president, but that is simply not the case.

-Congressmen can basically have their seat forever. While the president is limited to 2 terms, they literally can be on there for life. With the way elections are controlled by the governing parities, the voters have little choice. If you look at how long some congressmen have held their seat, it's pure insanity.

-Congressmen can be legally "bought". With the way "contributions" work and the never ending flow of $$ from special interest groups/lobbyists/etc…bribes are 100% legal.

So…in short…we aren't represented in the slightest by our government. The majority is bought and the majority rules.
Bribes are legal???

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Washington DC is not Republican vs Democrats.
Washington DC is Insiders vs Outsiders.
The reporters that cover DC are part of the inside crowd.

They don't get why Trump and Sanders are so popular. They never will, because Trump and Sanders are outsiders that actually tap into themes that the DC insiders dismiss. Poverty, Trade, Labour, Wealth Inequality. The DC media sees these things as abstract political issues and not something that real people have to live with.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
All politcians of any ideological persuasion anywhere in the world are scum. No exceptions.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've believed for some time now that this country will 'change'. The only reason it hasn't happened already is because of the sheer size of America... (and it may not happen in our life times) ... but eventually, there will be a revolution. The poor/"middle class" will rise up and 'battle' the rich. When that happens, this country will no longer be the capitalist mess it has been.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've believed for some time now that this country will 'change'. The only reason it hasn't happened already is because of the sheer size of America... (and it may not happen in our life times) ... but eventually, there will be a revolution. The poor/"middle class" will rise up and 'battle' the rich. When that happens, this country will no longer be the capitalist mess it has been.
This country has not had anything that has resembled capitalism since the Federal Reserve Act and WWI. We're essentially a corporatist state right now, which is much closer to facism than capitalism. We have been becoming less and less capitalistic every single year.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
3 fun votes that passed in last 2 years :

1: GMO labeling is now banned
2: Bank deposits/savings accounts are now considered as paper investments in the banks themselves.
3: Derivatives will be covered first , savings accounts second in case of economic collapse.

Government takes care of the people alright. :keke:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
3 fun votes that passed in last 2 years :

1: GMO labeling is now banned
2: Bank deposits/savings accounts are now considered as paper investments in the banks themselves.
3: Derivatives will be covered first , savings accounts second in case of economic collapse.

Government takes care of the people alright. :keke:
Do you get all your news from the gun club bulletin board?