KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Well, Leona certainly got "upgraded".

Also, if they're bringing back Mature and Vice, they should bring back the new face team as well.

Hmmm, Angel being on the list is a bit suspicious too. Isn't she Eolith's creation?

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I for one like this a lot more than what was first shown. in fact I like it more than the last 2 2D releases lookswise, even if it is a bit generic and shiny (why can't street fighting games be about fighting in the streets anymore? maybe it's to keep it all politically correct?), and I'm usually a pessimist. at least it looks japanese - more than KOFV does in my opinion - from the little shown so far

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bad visuals aside, if Tung is in, I'm all the way in.

I also hope that Mexico team is for real, too. Ramon and Angel are two of my favorites.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The new trailer makes me feel a lot better about the game, though I'm still not as excited about it as I should be. At least the gameplay looks good, the animations look solid with the classic KOF "snap" when performing the moves, and the models look good.

Things that still need work are having better textures on the models, removing the white outline on the characters (seriously, why is that there?), improving the lighting, and makes the stages more lively (though we've only seen two, and only barely the second). I'm also curious if they'll be flipped to be identical when facing left or right like they were in the past, or if they'll finally have it so they'll be properly posed.

Honestly they should have made this the first trailer and there would have been a much better response.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The new trailer makes me feel a lot better about the game, though I'm still not as excited about it as I should be. At least the gameplay looks good, the animations look solid with the classic KOF "snap" when performing the moves, and the models look good.

Things that still need work are having better textures on the models, removing the white outline on the characters (seriously, why is that there?), improving the lighting, and makes the stages more lively (though we've only seen two, and only barely the second). I'm also curious if they'll be flipped to be identical when facing left or right like they were in the past, or if they'll finally have it so they'll be properly posed.

Honestly they should have made this the first trailer and there would have been a much better response.

The animation still looks ridiculously stiff as hell. I wasn't really hyped until I saw the rumored character list. If it's true then at least that's something to look forward to. I like it's not the same ol same ol cast.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The first trailer made me assume they are following the same art direction found in their pachislot CG shit (the J pop faces and music) but now I wonder if they are taking it back to the same art direction of the previous games. My impressions so far:

+ animations feel right (looks and gameplay)

- 3D models need to go and redrawn in completely different style (fix the fucking faces)
- backgrounds still need a lot of work
- re-hire KOF13's composer
- visual effects (fire balls, hit effects .... etc) can be improved
- hire a director for the camera work

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Yeah they really need to redo the character models.

They really look like something from the PS2 era in terms of asset quality, but obviously bumped into HD.

Despite that, I'm actually preferring the design of the characters compared to XII and XIII's one. Coming from the old style sprites, XII's sprites look a bit too cartoony for my liking.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I can't think of any. Literally every game on the system is or would be better on different hardware.

what i meant was that the ps4 is getting all the exclusives that should really be multi plat.i can't really get my head around why games such as street fighter 5,shenmue 3 and final fantasy 7 remake are not getting a x box one release.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
In the case of Street Fighter V and Shenmue III, Sony is subsidizing development. However, both of those are also coming to PC, so they really are multiplatform.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
what i meant was that the ps4 is getting all the exclusives that should really be multi plat.i can't really get my head around why games such as street fighter 5,shenmue 3 and final fantasy 7 remake are not getting a x box one release.

A mixture of both last gen and current gen sales trends. Japanese developed games tend to do better on PlayStation systems.

Also, a bit of moneyhatting too.

No different from MS moneyhatting Tomb Raider and Titanfall really.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

It's easier to understand after you get your head around the fact that pretty much zero people in all of Japan own or have even the slightest interest in owning xbox one, outside of people in Japan stationed at US military bases.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yagami was supposed to die canon wise a long time ago because all the men in his family die young