The Super-Late-To-The-Party Star Wars : Force Awakes thread

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
My guess Rey got her memory erased...Its probably just muscle memory how she was able to tap into it faster then others.

Thought the movie was pretty good but there was really no iconic scenes throughout the whole movie except maybe for Han w/ Ben but even that felt a bit flat. Kylo Ren should have never took off his mask until the end. I think it would have had more of an impact if we didn't see his face until the confrontation.

A really cool scenario would have been Han yelling for Ben. Then stormtroopers shoots at Han & Kylo saves him by stopping the blaster shot like he did earlier. Then Kylo takes of his mask showing his face for the first time. Have the whole father and son chat & then son does the deed.

I do like the Mystery Box Abrams did for the film. Really want to know who these new characters are & hopefully will be answered next episode.
That would be good idea, to have Kylo save Han, then kill him. But it's more of an idea that Lucas would have thought of.
I'm not convinced that Han Solo is dead, though. Disney needs him to make the next movie as (financially) successful as the first. Unless, maybe if they focus more on Luke Skywalker in the next one. They should at least keep the three main characters from the original trilogy alive until the end of the current trilogy.

Marek

Banned
That would be good idea, to have Kylo save Han, then kill him. But it's more of an idea that Lucas would have thought of.
I'm not convinced that Han Solo is dead, though. Disney needs him to make the next movie as (financially) successful as the first. Unless, maybe if they focus more on Luke Skywalker in the next one. They should at least keep the three main characters from the original trilogy alive until the end of the current trilogy.

Lol oh joe8...

Marek

Banned
@EG - agree about ep 1. It's my favorite out of the three. Yes gungans I know, but the worlds and ships! It wasnt bad. Watching yoda fight in ep 2 was also something very special to me... actually I just watched all star wars sabre battles in one youtube and was pretty impressed with a lot of the prequelogy scenes. Always thought general grievous was a horribly stupid character and hated everything he had to do with the series.

@wasabi - idk dude. I think youre being unreasonable. My expectations were through the floor bc disney and I was really impressed. Yes it was a remake, sort of, and derivative sure. But it had the magic that was missing in the prequelogy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Always thought general grievous was a horribly stupid character and hated everything he had to do with the series.

Did you watch his scenes in the first Cone Wars cartoon (not the cg one, the tartakovsky one)? He was an unstoppable monster in that one. You see Mace Windu force crush his body and that's why he coughs all the time in episode 3. i thought it was stupid he was just introduced as some character like we should already know if you didn't watch the cartoon.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Did you watch his scenes in the first Cone Wars cartoon (not the cg one, the tartakovsky one)? He was an unstoppable monster in that one. You see Mace Windu force crush his body and that's why he coughs all the time in episode 3. i thought it was stupid he was just introduced as some character like we should already know if you didn't watch the cartoon.

The OG Clone Wars Cartoon Network episodes were freaking awesome. I have the DVDs and find them far more entertaining than the actual Ep I/II films. It really does explain a ton of back story, including Anakin's slide to the dark side.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Recently saw the movie as well and thought it was good.
All the new characters were great and the old ones had me smiling and made the movie fun.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The fuck was up with Leia's lips

Like she couldn't open her mouth

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So I watched Episode 1 over the weekend again...yeah, still shit.

Doesn't even really seem like a Star Wars movie until second half around when Qui Gon Gin and Tonic fights Darth Maul. Just so much wrong with it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The OG Clone Wars Cartoon Network episodes were freaking awesome. I have the DVDs and find them far more entertaining than the actual Ep I/II films. It really does explain a ton of back story, including Anakin's slide to the dark side.

i always wanted to know if the animated clone wars is accepted as canon to the over all story, or just a fan re-imagining.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I saw it in IMAX 3D and I thought I was robbed. No movie is worth seeing in 3D.

agreed. unless a movie was filmed with 3d in mind, it's just uncomfortable to sit through.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Star Wars VII feels like The Avengers. Totally safe, nothing daring.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
agreed. unless a movie was filmed with 3d in mind, it's just uncomfortable to sit through.
what do you mean, wasn't Star Wars filmed in 3D, and filmed on IMAX film?. The best way to see it is on IMAX, as you get the full frame picture.

Star Wars VII feels like The Avengers. Totally safe, nothing daring.
it was like a "Star Wars paint by numbers" movie. But as far as acting talent (which is what really counts), it would have been difficult for them to find young actors who were as good as the original trilogy's main actors.

So I watched Episode 1 over the weekend again...yeah, still shit.
Doesn't even really seem like a Star Wars movie until second half around when Qui Gon Gin and Tonic fights Darth Maul. Just so much wrong with it.
Episode II was worse than Episode I, which also had politics/trade negotiation scenes, but also had more exciting action scenes, and less corny dialogue than II. Why does everyone prefer Episode II over Episode I? Is it because they don't like Jar Jar Binks?

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Episode II was worse than Episode I, which also had politics/trade negotiation scenes, but also had more exciting action scenes, and less corny dialogue than II. Why does everyone prefer Episode II over Episode I? Is it because they don't like Jar Jar Binks?

Honestly...I and II are equally fucking horrible.

I has all of the horrible I listed before

II has some terrible, obvious green screen crap (the flight scenes at the beginning of the film, the "robot factory" scenes and the cloning facility scenes are all especially bad), the horribly written/acted scenes between Anakin and Padme, and yet again, a boring overall plot...just slightly less boring than Ep I. The absurd Yoda -vs- Dooku scene is just icing on the cake...god, is that scene over the top and dumb.

III is the only one that is even remotely watchable...and even that is debatable.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Honestly...I and II are equally fucking horrible.

I has all of the horrible I listed before

II has some terrible, obvious green screen crap (the flight scenes at the beginning of the film, the "robot factory" scenes and the cloning facility scenes are all especially bad), the horribly written/acted scenes between Anakin and Padme, and yet again, a boring overall plot...just slightly less boring than Ep I. The absurd Yoda -vs- Dooku scene is just icing on the cake...god, is that scene over the top and dumb.

III is the only one that is even remotely watchable...and even that is debatable.

III is better than VI. The only good part of that movie is the first part at Jaba's palace, and even that is sort of cringe worthy. Far too many people look at that movie with rose colored glasses on. It's really not that great. IV and V are easily the best. I thought VII was pretty darn good, actually.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
III is better than VI. The only good part of that movie is the first part at Jaba's palace, and even that is sort of cringe worthy. Far too many people look at that movie with rose colored glasses on. It's really not that great. IV and V are easily the best. I thought VII was pretty darn good, actually.

VI is a wrap up film...and mostly necessary. There were a few loose ends to tie up from V (Han, Vader, Emperor)...but that's about it. Ending things with yet another Death Star explosion is pretty limp as well...

To me, it paints a picture of "things to come" from Lucas. Where IV felt like a beginning and V carried on with things, VI was just a bunch of unnecessary filler. Especially with the whole Endor and Ewoks crap...totally useless filler. All problems would be things to come from Lucas later on. I'm ok with Jabba and that entire story line. It frees Han and removes the threat on his life thus freeing his up for other things. I have no problem with Luke facing Vader and Vader destroying the Emperor...that scene plays out well enough.

VII is fine to me...I really can't bitch.

My complaints with Ep III are fairly minor. The whole opening scene is rather pointless and as a viewer, I have no emotional attachment to Dooku or Grievous in the slightest, Chewbacca is in there for zero reason, the end "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" scene is a real ball buster...but these are small compared to my issues with Ep I-II...

One thing that does bother the shit out of me...that fact that Obi Won knows about Leia...then somehow forgets by Ep IV, Leia talks of her mother in Ep VI but that literally impossible with how III ends.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Where the fuck was Lando? You can't tell me Billy Dee Williams was busy.

I mean, is there a one black dude per film limit or something?

They didn't even mention him after his pivotal role in Return of the Jedi.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Where the fuck was Lando? You can't tell me Billy Dee Williams was busy.

I mean, is there a one black dude per film limit or something?

They didn't even mention him after his pivotal role in Return of the Jedi.

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Lando...

*EDIT*

I often call my daughter "Friend-o Calrissian".

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Lando...

*EDIT*

I often call my daughter "Friend-o Calrissian".

I read that there was a puzzle being sold on Amazon that listed lando as the father. It was official Star Wars merch, and the description was changed later after it got spotted and mentioned around the Internet. Could be a goof, or internally someone slipped and gave away who his parents were.