Introducing "Shadow Gangs", 80's arcade inspired ninja game

Hi NeoGeo community;

It's my first post here, and I would like to share the latest news regarding an upcoming hardcore gamer, arcade lover game: Shadow Gangs.

Product (demo) is near finished, a new great soundtrack is in the works, the musician sent me a new extract of it and it sounds fabulous. I'll put it for download as soon as I get it.

The game is intended to be for the PC, but a retro porting to the NeoGeo is something I would love to see happen, so if any programmer is interested in this, please let me know.

The game website is here: http://www.shadowgangs.com

Here is some pictures of the game running the latest build.

5498099_orig.jpg

775587_orig.jpg

9647327_orig.jpg

8516064_orig.jpg

901653_orig.jpg

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I'll be very blunt: the art looks like ass, something that could have been printed on the box of a US Turbografx-16 game. And that turns me off from the game regardless of how well of a Shinobi clone/reimagining it is. Not to say your game is necessarily bad because of it, but I would at least rethink the art direction and hire someone else to at least touch up the graphics, which ranges from amateur to newgrounds.com right now. Especially since it looks like you're looking into charging people money for it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hoi, plz klick me link. buyz mine stuffes. k thx byo.

Pi(a)ss:
idgaf abut youse forumse, tis actuly unrelated, but sees more pepz her.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
tis the kardashian slut if i'm not mistaken

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
was never really into these modern "retro inspired" games. if i want to play an 80's arcade game, i will play an actual 80's arcade game and not an imitation. i mean there's no shortage of original arcade games whether it be ports on home consoles or on mame. plus, this looks like shit.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
you might want to remove KK's butt, they are quite sue happy when it comes to their IP

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If this game is for free then I think people are being pretty harsh here. If this is for cash then fair game.

However, maybe someone can offer something productive? I don't know anything about graphics or art but even I can see there is something about it that's just, I dunno, odd. It's too kind of glossy, or smooth or something. Dan needs to be bulkier too, he looks a bit lance armstrong at the moment, bit mincey.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
However, maybe someone can offer something productive?

How can someone offer constructive criticism when the whole thing looks terrible?

It looks bland. It doesn't look fun. Nothing is inspired. If it came out on newgrounds in 2003 I still wouldn't have played it.

It's an insult and sleazy as hell that he wants to port this to the Neo-Geo, and there is no game in the Neo library worth saccing for this pile of shit. Trying to get in on that neo-geo money when it's not even a neo-geo game, fuck you OP.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude...ported to the Neo, make AES kits and MVS kits, it doesn't matter how bad the game is, if you make it a cart release the collecturds will flock!

Dude...ported to the Neo, make AES kits and MVS kits, it doesn't matter how bad the game is, if you make it a cart release the collecturds will flock!

This is not a bad game, I can confidently say that this is one of the best arcade games ever made.
After the demo is out, if there is interest in a NeoGeo port and provided I can find a good NeoGeo programmer then a port to it will be likely.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, it is a bad game, I don't even have to play it to tell you that, hell I don't even have to see it in action to tell you that it's a POS. I'd never play it, even if it was free, it just looks like shit. The art direction is awful and it with all the tools available to make it right why wouldn't you make it right...lol, it looks so bland, no thought put into it at all, maybe programming might be your thing but you need someone to do better sprites than that, everything looks awful, why will I spend any time whatsoever on something done so poorly?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just 'cause it's free doesn't excuse the joke that it is the art direction on this thing, it looks awful, I know gameplay is a big deal but at least with somewhat decent sprite work, this is right there with Legend of Success of Joe...enjoy!

lol, it is a bad game, I don't even have to play it to tell you that, hell I don't even have to see it in action to tell you that it's a POS. I'd never play it, even if it was free, it just looks like shit. The art direction is awful and it with all the tools available to make it right why wouldn't you make it right...lol, it looks so bland, no thought put into it at all, maybe programming might be your thing but you need someone to do better sprites than that, everything looks awful, why will I spend any time whatsoever on something done so poorly?
My answer for you is to go and play other games.