JNX GOTW AKA Testers Needed*FOUND*

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just test them out with pulling off moves to make sure the gate is tuned correctly.

Thanks guys.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
awesome job again James!!! I'm gonna try out Craig's stick when i get a chance.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm gonna try out Craig's stick when i get a chance.

cKye68v.gif

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Nope. They are the same. Clear is just for sexiness but since it's thick it won't fit in the new style but since it's thicker, the gate needs to be a little bigger than the white one.
I see... it is sexy, but who sees it inside the stick? I'll take whichever is cheaper ^^

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I see... it is sexy, but who sees it inside the stick? I'll take whichever is cheaper ^^

Both would be the same price. Target price is just $5 each just like any other octogate.

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
I'd be interested in 3 or 4. Maybe if can give the new old bean controller another try

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Tested with a few runs of Last Resort. The octogate is more accurate compared to stock bean controller's square gate, which tends to slip into diagonals too easily for my liking. It was noticeably easier to navigate the part on stage 2 where there are enemies on the walls above and below and the screen fills with bullets.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tested with a few runs of Last Resort. The octogate is more accurate compared to stock bean controller's square gate, which tends to slip into diagonals too easily for my liking. It was noticeably easier to navigate the part on stage 2 where there are enemies on the walls above and below and the screen fills with bullets.

Sweet. Thanks dude.

For those that have used the GOTW, what would you rate the ease of installation from 1-10(10 being the easiest) and overall improvement from 1-10(10 being great)? And I hope everyone is fine with the price tag of only $5 each.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Installation is easily a 10, the only thing I would advise is when taking the stick apart and when putting it back together.
Take it slow as the plastic is Like 20 something years old...
It would suck to cross thread or over tighten and shatter the plastic.

The difference is also easily a 10, feels sturdy, yet smooth.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I agree with Craig. It's super-easy to install for anyone that can use a screwdriver :D Everything lines up perfectly. On the bean stick, there are a couple of holes that screw in through the gate from the base. Buyers just need to make sure they don't accidentally use these holes when attaching the gate. The performance difference is significant. I don't think you could improve the stock stick any further and $5 is a sweet price. I'm going to try it out with some fighters later.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks dudes. I'm going to be making instructions for installations so people don't get confused on the NSS.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm down for 4 gates when the time comes. Wish I had the chance to test this because diagonals are a big deal in octo gates, if the points are too smooth then the diagonals would be too slippery...when wet;) but in all seriousness, someone needs to do some raging storms, that's the only move that will prove the mettle. Craig, du it up mang!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I got mine today, I'll throw it in one of the NGX sticks tomorrow.

Fuck, that means I'll have to play the NGX.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I got mine today, I'll throw it in one of the NGX sticks tomorrow.

Fuck, that means I'll have to play the NGX.

LOL, test with the white, the clear is just to make sure it fits.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When will these be available? Very interested

If anyone wants some now just shoot me a PM. I only have so many left though. Keep in mind I only have the white version that fits both the OSS and NSS sticks and most likely the NGX one as well.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I got mine yesterday at my address on Miami. Currently being forwarded to me, so I'll be able to report in about a week when I get it.