Best Nintendo Console

Best Nintendo Console

• Total voters

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I implore everyone to not vote. Discussion, fine, but if you vote you are enabling this sick behavior.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Snes hands down, the only ninty console i've ever really liked, lot's of great games back in the day, the wonderful dogbone controller, and my 16meg wildcard to copy the games onto floppy's (used to hire them from blockbuster).
Mario world 1 and 2, probotector, aleste, axelay, E.D.F., ghouls n ghosts, rock and roll racing, actraiser, metroid, pang, final fight, r-type III, the list could go on and on.
Ninty's high point and it's been unsurpassed since IMO, us europeans along with the asians got the best looking version of the console as well, the american snes looks awful.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This should have been split between handhelds and consoles imo. there are so many of each its almost impossible to decide best, at least on my end.

Console: SNES. I have many many fond memories with the N64 and GC growing up, but the lasting power of the SNEs and its powehouse games (LoZ, Super Mario Worls, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II/III, Contra III, the list goes on and on) make this outstanding in terms in ingenuity and lasting replay value.

Handheld: DS. The games are creative and really utilize the dual screens well. I was closely going to go with BA, but let's be honest. a lot of those games are ports or remakes. I absolutely love 999, Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story, the Ace Attorney and Professor Layton series, Dragon Quest IX, Elite Beat Agents, Warioware, The World ends with You, the list goes on and on and on.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Super Nintendo and Nintendo DSi.

I love all of them, though. Even my Virtual Boy and Pokemon mini.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
SNES is the Nintendo console I had the most fun with. I was never very fond of the N64, I could never see what all the hype was about honestly.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
SNES is the Nintendo console I had the most fun with. I was never very fond of the N64, I could never see what all the hype was about honestly.
It's still one of the best same-room multiplayer consoles ever.

Goldeneye, Smash, Perfect Dark, Mario Party, Mario Kart 64, WWF No Mercy, F-Zero X, Wave Race, etc. Standard 4 controller ports was a big deal, too. First console since the Atari 5200 to have that.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
NES because it started it all.

SNES is close! This is still one of my favorite consoles to date.

xorthen

Banned
NES for me. Always loved SNES as well but NES was my first bitch as a youngster. So I have sentimental attachment to her.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
What's with Nintendo's instance on having a Wiimote to get through the dashboard and load a game that uses d-pad only?? To play a quick game of Punchout I would need to set up the sensor bar, wiimote (with batteries) and a whole mess of cables. For something that was supposed to be a pure gaming machine it really shoves needless complications in your face.

Also shoehorning needless motion controls into flagship titles like Mario Galaxy was really, really dumb.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
NES 4 lyfe. It's the only Nintendo console worth keeping around.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
There're simply too many amazing memories of the SNES to not call it the champ of that list.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
NES. You can take everything else away and just leave me with an NES and I'll still be happy.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
What's with Nintendo's instance on having a Wiimote to get through the dashboard and load a game that uses d-pad only?? To play a quick game of Punchout I would need to set up the sensor bar, wiimote (with batteries) and a whole mess of cables. For something that was supposed to be a pure gaming machine it really shoves needless complications in your face.

Also shoehorning needless motion controls into flagship titles like Mario Galaxy was really, really dumb.

You can use a classic controller plugged into a wiimote and move the cursor using the thumb sticks.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
NES. I love the SNES so very dearly, it's given me some of the best experiences gaming has to offer. But the NES is the one console I absolutely cannot do without, and have never stopped playing.

You can take everything else away and just leave me with an NES and I'll still be happy.

Could not have said it any better, myself.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
That's right...I'm the mother fucker that voted GBA. This one console could play over a decade's worth of games via backwards compatibility, and had a bunch of solid titles on the native platform. Unfortunately there was a lot of shovel ware as well, but so did most systems.

If only it had originally shipped back lit...but it did have amazing battery life as a result.

Now would I rather play an NES or SNES most days? Yes, but I feel most portable systems don't get the attention they deserve due to their sub-par releases when compared to consoles, but I feel that the GBA deserves some appreciation for what it was/did.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
NES. You can take everything else away and just leave me with an NES and I'll still be happy.

NES. I love the SNES so very dearly, it's given me some of the best experiences gaming has to offer. But the NES is the one console I absolutely cannot do without, and have never stopped playing.

Could not have said it any better, myself.

Same here. I think the SNES is quite possibly the best gaming console ever built...but the NES is my all time favorite once the dust settled.

SMB 1-3, Zelda, Contra, Mega Man series, Castlevania series, River City Ransom, Ninja Gaiden series...I can go on and on...

All are pure classics that I can play anytime. While I love my SNES, it doesn't see a fraction of the use my NES gets.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Now would I rather play an NES or SNES most days? Yes, but I feel most portable systems don't get the attention they deserve due to their sub-par releases when compared to consoles, but I feel that the GBA deserves some appreciation for what it was/did.

You all know I despise the N64. You had the NES, the SNES which was basically "NES +1"...then came the fucking N64. It was a branch all its own and one I hated up until the GC came out and was the "N64 +1".

It wasn't until the GBA coming out that we got to see the "SNES +1". It was everything I hoped the N64 would have been. In my world it is NES>SNES>GBA>everything else.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
voted snes. the nes is great but had it's limitations. where as the snes had a perfect dose of all genres. and it's nice to see some one voted for the gba, my favourite hand held.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
You all know I despise the N64. You had the NES, the SNES which was basically "NES +1"...then came the fucking N64. It was a branch all its own and one I hated up until the GC came out and was the "N64 +1".

It wasn't until the GBA coming out that we got to see the "SNES +1". It was everything I hoped the N64 would have been. In my world it is NES>SNES>GBA>everything else.

Agreed. And the N64, while even looked like crap to me initially, has not held up well at all. Awful.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This one is a tough one for me. The N64 obviously is the one I have the most fondest memories of, but all other systems had lots of games I truly enjoyed.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The SNES gave me my first version of sf2 at home, and for that I will always be in love with it.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
It's a tie between the NES and Super NES IMO. The Wii comes in really close, but falls a bit short.